• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

And an Outlaw is basically a Cannon...and nothing like a Valkyrie or stable Bandit:hfive:

Outlaw is definitely slower and more stable than a cannon. Not like a Valk but I don't think a cannon should fill the only distance driver role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suuuuper picky. Don't really care to venture outside of my comfort zone anymore...as of 4ish years ago I had thrown most any disc on the market. I've thrown some first run Icon Bandits, and they're quite quite similar to a worn Valk (which I bagged for years), so I figured it'd be something to look into that isn't an old friend necessarily. Probably going to end up with a random Valkyrie in the bag to be honest. Was hoping there was a definitive, "X Bandit is the most overstable, no ifs, ands, or buts." because the Icons aren't quite what I was/am looking for.

Used to throw 400'+ golf lines (not internet distance) but haven't played much the past few years so lets call this slot 380'ish - definitely can't reach quite as far as I could 5 years ago. I want standstill distance, weird high shots be it hyzer or flex or anhyzer, thrown from the knee drives [bad tee shot], controllable hyzerflip, sneaky distance, off the shelf more or less ready. I've beaten enough discs in over the years to know how each plastic works, which weight range works, which molds I like with dome, etc etc etc.....I'm to the point I want a relatively off the shelf (7/10 can happen fairly quick on the ACTUAL Sleepy scale) as opposed to 500+ throws with a Brinster Teebird to show even remote turn.

I don't know, maybe I don't need another disc. I can reach most baskets with a Teebird or Crave, if not then I'm super comfortable throwing a Cannon. I got the weird idea when I was playing this random little course the other day that I wasn't quite happy with one or two of my shots. Granted I only had my Nutsac there (6 discs vs. roughly 20) but still. I've carried everything from 4 distance/control/fairway/mid/putter to every combination in between and settled on where I'm at now. Two distance molds (2-3 of either), two fairway molds (3-4 of either), two mid molds (2-4 of either) and one to two putter molds (2-3 of either). I think a single Valk or something similar will be a very situational disc that I won't use often but will be very handy from time to time. I do NOT need a roller, I do NOT need a wind fighter, I do NOT need maxD etc etc etc. Maybe I'm just bored and feel like buying new plastic?

I haven't thrown one myself (so I could be way off base), but you may want to take a look at the Pinnacle Phenom. Folks have said it is like a "longer Patriot", so perhaps a max weight Pinnacle would fill the slot you are looking for? I believe it is a speed slower than a Valk and Bandit, so maybe not exactly what you want.

And an Outlaw is basically a Cannon...and nothing like a Valkyrie or stable Bandit:hfive:

Agreed. Too big of a jump from Teebird to Outlaw. I would be impressed with someone who could throw an Outlaw from a standstill.

Agreed. Too big of a jump from Teebird to Outlaw. I would be impressed with someone who could throw an Outlaw from a standstill.

But the jump from bandit to cannon isn't? I offered up two slots one I was told wouldn't work.

But the jump from bandit to cannon isn't? I offered up two slots one I was told wouldn't work.

An Outlaw does fall between a Bandit and Cannon, but it require a good deal of power to throw. GripEnemy is looking for something that can be thrown much like he already throws his Bandit, but just a bit more stable. A Valkyrie would probably fit that description very well. And, I suggested a light weight Orc, because I think it might give similar results.

Outlaws are great discs, though.

Outlaw is definitely slower and more stable than a cannon. Not like a Valk but I don't think a cannon should fill the only distance driver role.

It's barely slower - 2.2 vs 2.5 rim, same as a Destroyer and Boss/Katana...really think a Destroyer doesn't go about as far as either of those? A Valk is a 1.9 rim and I was looking for something in the 1.8-2.0 area that I would NOT treat as a maxD driver.

Funny, cause I already jump from TB to Cannon pretty well:cool: Never thrown an Outlaw from a standstill but I do with my Cannons sometimes!

Bandit is a slower, more understable, less fade disc than the Outlaw. 2.0 rim that you cannot mash on as hard as you want (with good form) without fear of a turnover. Cannon is a workhorse distance driver that comes anywhere from SUPER overstable to flippy out of the box (my buddy is an Outlaw whore). Never thrown or even felt a Falk so thanks for the recommendation.

An Outlaw does fall between a Bandit and Cannon, but it require a good deal of power to throw. GripEnemy is looking for something that can be thrown much like he already throws his Bandit, but just a bit more stable. A Valkyrie would probably fit that description very well. And, I suggested a light weight Orc, because I think it might give similar results.

Outlaws are great discs, though.

I caved and just bought 4 DX Xout Valkyries. Thanks for the Orc idea, I did always enjoy them years ago!

Latest posts