• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

I field tested the low 171 silver legend I got from Ian. I think I'll bag it for tailwind shots that need to hold a long line between my fairways and max d drivers. My lightly seasoned 168 blue legend needed a decent hyzer at 400' the other day and still finished 30' to the right of neutral where the fresh silver could handle a flat release with no turn lasers to 350' then a very late forward fade over 375' on lower lines. Neither are good in a headwind but I think they'll fit well between my turnover trespasses and well seasoned QJs to complement my Orcs for control driver distances.

I threw 2 Icon Bandits in the bag to try as a compliment my S and P PDs and I'm glad I did. These things are great for low hyzer flips downhill that I want to finish straight and uphill drives.

yeah i LOVE my Bandits... i throw blue legends for majority of my controlled distance lines.. a lot beefier then my Icon or Silver Legend.. then carry light weight FR Icon for hyzerflips, rollers, etc... Probably the most thrown mold in my bag here in the woods of SC

Thinking about picking up a Bandit to compliment my Patriot/Rival/Mongoose/Firebird driver lineup. I am hoping to get one that would slot between the Mongoose and Firebird. Looking for something with more distance potential than my patriot but more stable than my Mongoose. The "silver surfer" Legend Mongoose I throw is a bomber (for me), but it is squirrely in the wind. Is the Bandit the right disc or am I barking up the wrong tree? If a bandit could work, what plastic should I consider? I was eyeballing some pink legends earlier, but I do not know how those compare to other runs.

I would try a Phenom. Icons are dead straight and glows have a little turn to them. They replaced both Bandits and Patriots in my bag for a while.

A Bandit is still a good choice. THey have a little more turn than a glow Phenom.

I would try a Phenom. Icons are dead straight and glows have a little turn to them. They replaced both Bandits and Patriots in my bag for a while.

A Bandit is still a good choice. THey have a little more turn than a glow Phenom.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think my local PIAS had a couple Phenoms in the used bin not too long ago, so I will see if I can grab one.

Bumping this because Legacy has put out some Bandits in new plastic blends. The test drive pinnacle ones have been out for a few weeks and they recently put up some glow ones on their pro shop. Anyone thrown the new blends yet and have a review?

Bumping this because Legacy has put out some Bandits in new plastic blends. The test drive pinnacle ones have been out for a few weeks and they recently put up some glow ones on their pro shop. Anyone thrown the new blends yet and have a review?

Playing the "Battle of the 210" with Rico this weekend. I'll have to see if they're at the shop...I like the Test Drive stamp:

Attachments

• IMG_8104_1024x1024.jpg
    IMG_8104_1024x1024.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 9
Picked up one of the blue color glow Bandits. Ohhhhhh man, is this thing nice. What a treat this plastic is in the hand. It feels like color glow Pinnacle with some Icon mixed in. It actually reminds me of the stuff they use for Sexton Firebirds with that champy star feel. It flies like a good stable Bandit should and flips to flat and drifts a bit right. It's not any more HSS than your typical higher plh max weight Icon Bandit but the fade seems maybe a tick more. Just as advertised on the Proshop website. I can't wait to work with this one some more. I was getting some loooong crushes with it tonight during some field work. It's going straight into the bag no questions asked.

Thinking about picking up a Bandit to compliment my Patriot/Rival/Mongoose/Firebird driver lineup. I am hoping to get one that would slot between the Mongoose and Firebird. Looking for something with more distance potential than my patriot but more stable than my Mongoose. The "silver surfer" Legend Mongoose I throw is a bomber (for me), but it is squirrely in the wind. Is the Bandit the right disc or am I barking up the wrong tree? If a bandit could work, what plastic should I consider? I was eyeballing some pink legends earlier, but I do not know how those compare to other runs.

I honestly think you would like a gunmetal legend bandit. They have the highest plh and therefore the most stability of any bandit I have thrown. I have two, one that's pretty new that reminds of a slightly worn champ thunderbird and one that is used that is more like a good pfn flat top champion Viking.

I honestly think you would like a gunmetal legend bandit. They have the highest plh and therefore the most stability of any bandit I have thrown. I have two, one that's pretty new that reminds of a slightly worn champ thunderbird and one that is used that is more like a good pfn flat top champion Viking.

I agree. If one likes the Bandit, he should definitely get a gun metal for max stability.

Bump.

Are all Legend Bandits more overstable than Icons? Has anyone been throwing the experimental Pinnacles? How does the stability of the Glows relate to the typical Icons?

I decided I do want a disc to bridge the gap between Teebird/Crave and Cannon. Used to throw OLFs for a long time but want something more workable, used to throw Valkyries for years but want to try something different. Thrown most any comparable disc that wasn't made in the past 2ish years. Also reluctantly considering the Volt.

Please and thank you.

Bump.

Are all Legend Bandits more overstable than Icons? Has anyone been throwing the experimental Pinnacles? How does the stability of the Glows relate to the typical Icons?

I decided I do want a disc to bridge the gap between Teebird/Crave and Cannon. Used to throw OLFs for a long time but want something more workable, used to throw Valkyries for years but want to try something different. Thrown most any comparable disc that wasn't made in the past 2ish years. Also reluctantly considering the Volt.

Please and thank you.

I know nothing about Bandits, but besides being workable, what role are you wanting to fill between your distance and fairway drivers? Do you want a neutral control driver? If so and with it not being a Bandit, maybe a Discmania TD or Discraft Heat?

Suuuuper picky. Don't really care to venture outside of my comfort zone anymore...as of 4ish years ago I had thrown most any disc on the market. I've thrown some first run Icon Bandits, and they're quite quite similar to a worn Valk (which I bagged for years), so I figured it'd be something to look into that isn't an old friend necessarily. Probably going to end up with a random Valkyrie in the bag to be honest. Was hoping there was a definitive, "X Bandit is the most overstable, no ifs, ands, or buts." because the Icons aren't quite what I was/am looking for.

Used to throw 400'+ golf lines (not internet distance) but haven't played much the past few years so lets call this slot 380'ish - definitely can't reach quite as far as I could 5 years ago. I want standstill distance, weird high shots be it hyzer or flex or anhyzer, thrown from the knee drives [bad tee shot], controllable hyzerflip, sneaky distance, off the shelf more or less ready. I've beaten enough discs in over the years to know how each plastic works, which weight range works, which molds I like with dome, etc etc etc.....I'm to the point I want a relatively off the shelf (7/10 can happen fairly quick on the ACTUAL Sleepy scale) as opposed to 500+ throws with a Brinster Teebird to show even remote turn.

I don't know, maybe I don't need another disc. I can reach most baskets with a Teebird or Crave, if not then I'm super comfortable throwing a Cannon. I got the weird idea when I was playing this random little course the other day that I wasn't quite happy with one or two of my shots. Granted I only had my Nutsac there (6 discs vs. roughly 20) but still. I've carried everything from 4 distance/control/fairway/mid/putter to every combination in between and settled on where I'm at now. Two distance molds (2-3 of either), two fairway molds (3-4 of either), two mid molds (2-4 of either) and one to two putter molds (2-3 of either). I think a single Valk or something similar will be a very situational disc that I won't use often but will be very handy from time to time. I do NOT need a roller, I do NOT need a wind fighter, I do NOT need maxD etc etc etc. Maybe I'm just bored and feel like buying new plastic?

Suuuuper picky. Don't really care to venture outside of my comfort zone anymore...as of 4ish years ago I had thrown most any disc on the market. I've thrown some first run Icon Bandits, and they're quite quite similar to a worn Valk (which I bagged for years), so I figured it'd be something to look into that isn't an old friend necessarily. Probably going to end up with a random Valkyrie in the bag to be honest. Was hoping there was a definitive, "X Bandit is the most overstable, no ifs, ands, or buts." because the Icons aren't quite what I was/am looking for.

Used to throw 400'+ golf lines (not internet distance) but haven't played much the past few years so lets call this slot 380'ish - definitely can't reach quite as far as I could 5 years ago. I want standstill distance, weird high shots be it hyzer or flex or anhyzer, thrown from the knee drives [bad tee shot], controllable hyzerflip, sneaky distance, off the shelf more or less ready. I've beaten enough discs in over the years to know how each plastic works, which weight range works, which molds I like with dome, etc etc etc.....I'm to the point I want a relatively off the shelf (7/10 can happen fairly quick on the ACTUAL Sleepy scale) as opposed to 500+ throws with a Brinster Teebird to show even remote turn.

I don't know, maybe I don't need another disc. I can reach most baskets with a Teebird or Crave, if not then I'm super comfortable throwing a Cannon. I got the weird idea when I was playing this random little course the other day that I wasn't quite happy with one or two of my shots. Granted I only had my Nutsac there (6 discs vs. roughly 20) but still. I've carried everything from 4 distance/control/fairway/mid/putter to every combination in between and settled on where I'm at now. Two distance molds (2-3 of either), two fairway molds (3-4 of either), two mid molds (2-4 of either) and one to two putter molds (2-3 of either). I think a single Valk or something similar will be a very situational disc that I won't use often but will be very handy from time to time. I do NOT need a roller, I do NOT need a wind fighter, I do NOT need maxD etc etc etc. Maybe I'm just bored and feel like buying new plastic?

Going back to a Valkyrie isn't such a bad idea in my opinion.

I have thrown Bandits in Icon only. They developed a bit more more turn than I wanted, and were just kind of finicky. If you have looked for Bandits at various retail sites, you may have noticed that pretty much everyone has them in just Icon right now. I don't know how easy it would be to get one in another plastic.

Actually, what I really think might be great for you is a mold that you probably already have experience with - an Orc. To cover the types of shots you are describing, get it at a lighter weight (161-163 gm) in Star plastic. My experience it that the light ones do not require lots of power to throw. It will give you easier distance than a Teebird, while not being an all out bomber like a Cannon.

Don't know if it helps, but I have similar distance to you. I've thought a long while about what I should carry. I'm in the similar ballpark as you when it comes bridging the gap between fairway and distance drives. I've decided that I needed a control driver that is neutral (speed 9 or 10).

Not to force you to my line of thinking, but here's some of my reasoning:

1. I'm getting older (36) and I'm going to need a disc that will grow old with me, like a marriage.

2. I need a disc that can do the aforementioned shots that you mentioned but is also able to do it in the woods.

3. A neutral disc will, in theory, should start out with enough stability to perform without turning and burning and also become a good understable driver when it seasons. This is good for all the shots that I need for it to cover. It stays on the line that I put it on but can be manipulated.

4. In relation to point 3, a neutral driver should season quicker to understable, allowing me to cover all my neutral control shots with a couple of discs.

5. It would be a better bookend for the rest of my drivers with less overlap.

So far, I've thrown the Orion LS and Discmania TD. The OLS is finicky in that it requires just enough power to fly well. If you put too much in it, it turns and doesn't come back; if you don't put enough in it, it fades too early. The Discmania TD seems to more suitable for the neutral control driver that I want. I'm wanting to try out the Discraft Heat because it apparently has good glide, similar to the TD, and I want to support Discraft.

I think you should throw what you are comfortable with and what is more predictable. Thankfully, you have narrowed it down so it may not be as hard as it seems. If you do want to venture out again, I recommend seeking a more neutral control driver;a point-and-shot type of control driver.

I'd say outlaw and a stål are what you need

GripEnemy is looking for something more stable than his Icon Bandit. A Falk would probably be going in the wrong direction.

And an Outlaw is basically a Cannon...and nothing like a Valkyrie or stable Bandit:hfive:

Latest posts