• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

I just read the last few posts, but am looking for a bit more info on Bandit colors and stability.

I threw rallyguy's pink one the weekend (unless that was a different pink one), and I liked it. However, I'm not finding much pink out there at the places I like to shop.

Can anyone recommend a good Bandit for someone who maxes around 325 and wants to use it as a control driver? Ideally I like to throw hyzer flips for straight shots, but would like something workable enough to not burn when thrown flat, too.

I also prefer drivers in the mid-to-high 160s. Right now, I am seeing white, blue, and maroon/wine in that range. Any of those better than others? Thanks in advance!

Legend plastic sounds perfect. It'll start out without needing much hyzer angle at that distance but should season into perfection. Mine was Silver Surfer color.

Last edited:
Just want to throw it out there, i don't think a bandit is a good option for "flip to flat and go straight".

I have both a Hot Pink Icon and a Legend Silver in the bag.

The bandit in both plastics flys the same to me, oh a hyzer release 350-400' thrown on a low line it will flip to flat, then it continues it turn and ends right. You have to get some good air under it if you don't want it to continue turning over. I consider myself to have low OAT and good form.

The bandit is strictly a turnover disc, imo. It excels better than anything at massive horizontal movement high anny drift lines and also at long distance hyzer flips that keep turning after they get flat.

I would find the Bandit hard to hyzer flip to a straight line.. to me thats what a Patriot does best, or even a beat in light weight Outlaw (like my 166 yellow) does the flip-to-straight lines better.

Or wait till pinnacle bandits get released and hope they are more stable

Last edited:
My 166g Orange Icon Bandit was definitely a flip to straight for a couple months of constant usage, then seasoned to a slight anny line at the same angle. Now after using it for 6-7 months, it's a definite turnover disc and I've replaced the Mongoose with the beat Bandit and dropped a fresh Silver Legend Bandit in the bag for the straighter shots.

Legend plastic sounds perfect. It'll start out without needing much hyzer angle at that distance but should season into perfection. Mine was Silver Surfer color.

Anywhere out there you know of to land a Legend Line?

For 325' you should be working on getting a Patriot to go that distance, tbh.

I know this will always be the argument on the forums, so I get that. But I also know my limits in terms of practice/field time. I know I can throw a Bandit and see the right flight out of it, even if I am not pushing it out to 350 or anything. Plus, I'm committed to the FD in the Patriot spot, but I do appreciate the advice.

Legends can be had on here, too. Search for Zam on the exchange.

Will we get Pinnacle Bandits soon?

I like the cfr blue pinnacle I just picked up in the MP. It's not as stiff as some pinnacle I've held and grips fine. The flight reminded me yesterday of the heavy opto Fury I'm testing for long flip ups in the woods. I need a hyzer flipper and don't have all winter to beat in a Legend Patriot to the Bandit's out of the box level of understability.

I put a silver legend in the bag hoping it was a bit more stable than my hot pink icon and they fly similar, the icon has a touch more glide but its also broken in more.

Hope the pinnacles come out more stable, but i doubt they will, Legend stuff is usually more stable.

Regardless, i like the stability of the bandit its very useful for mega hyzer-flip bombs and sky annys.

I would like to see a speed 9 firebird-like mold in the future to round out a speed 9 line up.. could beat in an Icon Firebird and cycle those like candy :D!!

My bad, my Bandit is Legend not Pinnacle.

Also, after a few field throws this windy morning, the new 168 blue legend Bandit is a full tick less HSS than my heavy Opto Fury. I'll rate the 168 Bandit 10/4/-3/1, my slightly seasoned opto Fury 9/5/-2/1, and my seasoned backup first run opto Fury 9/5/-3.5/1.

So... I was poking around google images search and I found this...

excel-bandit2-web.jpg

That's awesome. Can't imagine what an excel bandit would fly like after hitting a tree though :D lol!

Like a black Trans Am, rolling so fast you can't catch it.

Buford T. Justice: What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Buford T. Justice: [to his son] There's no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!

Like a black Trans Am, rolling so fast you can't catch it.

Buford T. Justice: What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law.

Buford T. Justice: [to his son] There's no way, *no* way that you came from *my* loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!

LMAO!

:clap:

I LOVE my Bandits.. i usually carry 3 of them ranging from flippy to not so flippy :p.. can cover anything from rollers and giant anhyzers to dead straight and actual hyzer shots.. i need to find some more of the dark blue Icons .. its the beefiest Bandit i have thrown and i love it!! doesnt show any turn just lazer beam with a nice predictable fade at the end :)

I LOVE my Bandits.. i usually carry 3 of them ranging from flippy to not so flippy :p.. can cover anything from rollers and giant anhyzers to dead straight and actual hyzer shots.. i need to find some more of the dark blue Icons .. its the beefiest Bandit i have thrown and i love it!! doesnt show any turn just lazer beam with a nice predictable fade at the end :)

I need to get me one of them blues then. sounds like exactly what i want.

Latest posts