• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

Can a REAL sidewinder thrower chime in on this comparison?
How similar is the Bandit to a SW? In every aspect?

I carried a 175 star sidewinder for a while so I know how it throws. I started throwing a 172g White Bandit last week. The Bandit is more stable and easier to control with a reliable turn to fade you'd expect from it's flight numbers. My SW was a little testy if I put too much snap on it. I would compare the Bandit to a Valk.

I carried a 175 star sidewinder for a while so I know how it throws. I started throwing a 172g White Bandit last week. The Bandit is more stable and easier to control with a reliable turn to fade you'd expect from it's flight numbers. My SW was a little testy if I put too much snap on it. I would compare the Bandit to a Valk.

cool thanks
I think I'll stick to the SW

OK...I got out to play yesterday and really got to test the Bandit out on wooded holes and open field holes. This disc is really nothing like a Sidewinder but more like a Pro Valk for me. If I snap the Bandit flat and hard, I have to give it some height so that it has time to turn and work itself out and come back to the left. If I'm going to snap this low I have to put some hyzer on it and have it flip up flat. I have a 175g White Bandit.

For me the Bandit and Sidewinder are two different discs. The Sidewinder can withstand a hell of a lot more power when thrown flat. Also, the Sidewinder can handle more wind than the Bandit. I thought the Bandit would be better at fighting the wind but I was wrong. Now throwing downwind, that's a whole other ballgame. I thought the Bandit had amazing glide and flew really well downwind. This is a disc that should not be overpowered. You can snap it hard but you have to have clean form. Any bit of OAT or wrist roll and this disc is gone, turned into a roller.

Last edited:
Me and a friend bought Bandits and each of us have had different thoughts on the disc. One friend is left handed and throws sidearm most of the time has really struggled with the disc, it seems to turn into a roller for him on most of his shots. For me, I threw it flat with a lot of snap and it turns very nice and I've thrown in flat and smooth and if flew like a longer Patriot. It is a keeper for my bag.

snagged a sweet looking yellow w/ rainbow stamp 173 bandit. I only got a few throws with it, but I think it will be exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a slightly less stable disc to go with my various td's. I think me and the bandit are going to be friends. The stamp is super cool too.

Picked up 3 of these from Lion. Can't wait to get out and throw them....to bad it's 10* out there right now lol

"...something about a horse that is no longer alive..." but is anyone aware of the differences in flight through colors and or weights? I am looking the most stable version if there are common differences between colors. Any insight is appreciated!

I heard yellows were a lil more stable and blues were flippy. Just heresay

I heard yellows were a lil more stable and blues were flippy. Just heresay

I have heard and seen this theory proved. When Steve Rico did his test runs for the disc, the blue was the most flippy. I believe the red was less so. I have a video of this test run for the Bandit. I will look at it when I get home and tell you specifically which are more OS and US

i have a blue icon and its by far the beefiest Bandit i have thrown .. shows no turn at all .. dead straight with predictable fade. where my whites are a different story but i love them all !! :) .. blue is board flat though so that could play into it .. my others are all about the same stability .. oh the blue is 169g as well.. but its stable enough to be a workhorse driver where my whites i have to hyzerflip them unless im looking for that long s type flight

I have heard and seen this theory proved. When Steve Rico did his test runs for the disc, the blue was the most flippy. I believe the red was less so. I have a video of this test run for the Bandit. I will look at it when I get home and tell you specifically which are more OS and US

I don't see how anything could be more flippy than the purple one I had. It was almost Unlace flippy. I have an easier time keeping my Mamba in the air. It has now found a good home though.

the purple you had a First Run? I have heard the first runs were more understable then the production

Sorry if this has been brought up before but are the Legend Bandits more or less table than the production run?

Sorry if this has been brought up before but are the Legend Bandits more or less table than the production run?

from what i have been told they are a bit beefier then the Icon .. i havent thrown mine a ton but on the few throws i have had with it i would agree it seems to be a bit more overstable

My Legend is more stable than both production run and first run. It seems like a beat Lucid Escape or newer GL Saint. The FR I have is flat, red, and flips every time. My production run is right between the 2.

FWIW my Legend is a blue 168g. FR is red 174g. Production is green 174g.
Also, I am getting these just shy of 400'. Pretty consistent in the 380-385 range.

Had a 25 ft putt (nearly pin high) on a 430' hole yesterday for a birdie with my legend bandit. Really liking it so far.

Latest posts