• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Bandit

Hahahahahahaha

Sorry, it's just reeeeeeally fun to throw. Took it out to the field again tonight in calmer conditions and it didn't turn over as readily, but still would with some effort. Otherwise, just super nice S-curves and easy flip-to-flats. And glidey. I am impressed by the amount of glide it has, compared to other non-Swedish plastic I have thrown. I know zj mentioned it didn't have a ton of glide earlier in the thread, but compared to what I normally throw this held up well.

If I can find one around 170 I plan on picking it up to see if it acts any differently.

I finally got out to throw the Bandit. Mine is 175g and is a missle. I really liked how it holds a very long straight flight with a very subtle turn into the later part of its flight and that gentle fade back to straight. It didn't turn like the Valkyrie does but and has far superior glide. I really only threw it twice due to playing Sedgley but it was on two uphill shots where I wanted it to go straight and then break to the right a bit and fade back left. I am definitely digging this disc and will be getting a lighter one to compliment the heavier Bandit. Great job Steve R. and the other owners of Legacy...You made another winner.

Sorry, it's just reeeeeeally fun to throw. Took it out to the field again tonight in calmer conditions and it didn't turn over as readily, but still would with some effort. Otherwise, just super nice S-curves and easy flip-to-flats. And glidey. I am impressed by the amount of glide it has, compared to other non-Swedish plastic I have thrown. I know zj mentioned it didn't have a ton of glide earlier in the thread, but compared to what I normally throw this held up well.

If I can find one around 170 I plan on picking it up to see if it acts any differently.

If I said it didn't have a lot glide then I misspoke. I think I was just commenting that a run with a taller dome would have more glide. These Bandits are super duper flat

What do you think the difference would be in flight paths between a 175g Bandit and a 169g or 170g Bandit? I currently have a 175g Bandit and it flies dead nuts straight and then it breaks a little to the right (about 10' to 15' ) and then just fades right back to where it started dead nuts straight. If I got a 169g or 170g do you think that movement to the right will be greater?

my 165g orange is a flip machine. so easy to turnover it's crazy. not sure how thee mongoose is gonna be flippier than this disc??? I do like it as I can see it being useful on the course for a variety of shots

What do you think the difference would be in flight paths between a 175g Bandit and a 169g or 170g Bandit? I currently have a 175g Bandit and it flies dead nuts straight and then it breaks a little to the right (about 10' to 15' ) and then just fades right back to where it started dead nuts straight. If I got a 169g or 170g do you think that movement to the right will be greater?

What color did you get? When I compared them all the red and white seemed to be the most stable. Blue and purple looked to be the easiest to flip/turn

my 165g orange is a flip machine. so easy to turnover it's crazy. not sure how thee mongoose is gonna be flippier than this disc??? I do like it as I can see it being useful on the course for a variety of shots

I originally picked up 2 and decided to just keep 1 in the bag. The Bandit is great for easy flips that need side to side movement and big rollers. It has a place in the bag but I treat it as a specialty disc like my FB

is the bandit flippier than a sidewinder?

Yeah I would put the bandit close to a -3, maybe a -2.5. Not more than a SW but somewhat close. It is definitely more of a hyzer flip disc in shape, where the SW discs excels at flat turnovers

Yeah I would put the bandit close to a -3, maybe a -2.5. Not more than a SW but somewhat close. It is definitely more of a hyzer flip disc in shape, where the SW discs excels at flat turnovers

so hyzer flipping a bandit will make it go straight all the way? or straight and then right turn?? (RHBH)

The degree to which you flip it is up to you... :D

It can do all sorts of flips

I'm wondering how long it can last going straight. My sidewinder can go straight pretty much its entire flight.

Just got mine in. Wing shape is almost exactly like a Valkyrie which surprise me because the Valkyrie is fairly unique. Slim but convex start, then an abrupt turn. Still, can't wait to throw it, and hope it's not as stable as the valks I've thrown.

Finally got my hands on a couple of these, a white max weight and a red max weight. So far I have only thrown the white. I have found it to be touchy to say the least. If I would over do it or turn my wrist over it would flip over pretty fast. When I got it right, though, it would reward with a nice flip up from hyzer and an S turn with a good glide.

It's more under stable than Valks for me. I'm not sure if mine is going to stay in my bag long term, but I do think it might make a good roller.

Latest posts