• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Banned from a private course resulting from a review on this site

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sitting in Albany right now. Tempted to go play Hyzer Creek tomorrow after the monsoons stop. When I play it I never saw any garbage issues. Must have taken a nose dive since I was there. I can understand why Morgan might be sensitive to tee pad criticism. He poured those pads himself, and hauled them into position through the woods, rocks and hills he has there. They are of varying sizes. I think he simply made shorter ones for shorter holes. His logic probably being who needs 10 feet of tee pad for a 180-200' hole. Southern Community Park in Chapel Hill, NC has done the same thing. People with crappy stand still throws don't like that. That would be me. I generally would not ding a course for that, but I can see where people that take a long run up would. Reviews are very subjective, and we should all probably not take them too seriously.

In Morgan's defense was it really that great a review? Score aside, it didn't tell me much.

Gotta plan my trip to New013's private course so I can bring him the Genesee Cream Ale he deserves!!!

i think if its a private course they definitely have the final say in who can play there. it sucks that some people might be shunned, but the owners put in the work and it is private property, so it is what it is.

If I am ever lucky enough to have my own course I will ban people and post it to a web site just for fun. And I'll deny access to anyone on here that writes crappy undetailed reviews. I won't have many friends, but who cares? I'll have my own course. Maybe Norgan feels the same way???

^^^ sloppy might be on to something.

I often wish I had my own course so I didn't have to deal with some of the Db.'s I run into on the course.

My chicken died and now tourney player is picking on my, I am going to fall into a deep depression and call everyone chitty asshatt tacobenders.

I guess you can't feed a chicken Cheez-its. :D

Deer Lakes said:
Also, if I had a private course and people were dumping trash all over the place, I would shut it down for a while to everyone, not just a few guys that gave it a soft review.

Sounds like that could happen. So any locals want to call out the DBs that have been leaving trash? That is a beautiful pieces of land, and it is a shame it has been mistreated. I for one hope Morgan treas the trash dumpers with the lack of respect they deserve.

^^^ sloppy might be on to something.

I often wish I had my own course so I didn't have to deal with some of the Db.'s I run into on the course.

I don't have my own private course but I go to one quite often that's 20 minutes from me. Unless I bring some one or meet them there I have it to myself all the time. I also play for free this year since I've been helping them keep it clean and clear.
You're right, it's nice not to have to deal with the idiots.

I am sitting in Albany right now. Tempted to go play Hyzer Creek tomorrow after the monsoons stop. When I play it I never saw any garbage issues. Must have taken a nose dive since I was there. I can understand why Morgan might be sensitive to tee pad criticism. He poured those pads himself, and hauled them into position through the woods, rocks and hills he has there. They are of varying sizes. I think he simply made shorter ones for shorter holes. His logic probably being who needs 10 feet of tee pad for a 180-200' hole.
And there was the issue of how to transport a 10ft tee pad out to the far ends of the course too.

I helped put in tee #6. It was TOUGH. His truck and trailer got beat to hell hauling it out there. IN FACT, he had to buy a second trailer because he completely destroyed the first from tee pad work.

As for the trash issue, here's a sign that Morgan recently added to the course....
85327_g.jpg

And there was the issue of how to transport a 10ft tee pad out to the far ends of the course too.

I helped put in tee #6. It was TOUGH. His truck and trailer got beat to hell hauling it out there. IN FACT, he had to buy a second trailer because he completely destroyed the first from tee pad work.

As for the trash issue, here's a sign that Morgan recently added to the course....
85327_g.jpg

Added recently? When's the last time it snowed there?

His logic probably being who needs 10 feet of tee pad for a 180-200' hole.

There was an awesome dude in Am Worlds 2011. He used like a 20' run up for every shot. It was hillarious to see the tee pad area totally cleared and him come running out of woods onto the tee pad to throw on a 200' hole.

You couldnt sit or put your bags behind the pad because of his insane lengthed runup.

There was an awesome dude in Am Worlds 2011. He used like a 20' run up for every shot. It was hillarious to see the tee pad area totally cleared and him come running out of woods onto the tee pad to throw on a 200' hole.

You couldnt sit or put your bags behind the pad because of his insane lengthed runup.

Only thing better would be a strange outfit (cape or bowtie?) and some kind of war cry mid runup....

that and if the guy was shooting 1020 rated rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.