• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Battle Royal - TBird vs TL vs Eagle

Tbird - TL - Eagle - Other : Best Fairway / All Purpose Driver

• TeeBird

Votes: 47 42.0%
  • TL

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • Eagle

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other

Votes: 12 10.7%

• Total voters
I voted Eagle, however, I would say that the tbird is a close second.
I was actually torn between Eagle and Leapord.

I voted Eagle. I used to throw Teebirds more, but I loved the Eagle. Incredibly good at line shaping.

Would someone throwing 250' max see a benefit from a TL over a Leopard? Leopard and Classic inferno are consistently my wifes longest discs, but the classic inferno has a pretty wide rim and I am betting she could get better throws from a faster leopard, just wondering if she would actually *see* a difference?

TL's don't turn over nearly as easy as Leopards. But they also stay pretty straight when thrown flat. I think a lot of people have the potential to throw longer with TL's. My buddy- who doesn't have much of a DG arm - throws his best drives with his TL's, over even his Roadrunner or Sidewinder.

Anyone try a Pro TL? I see they are only 150 class? My wifes favorite disc is her 150 BS Leopard, somehow it is a pretty good wind fighter and always goes farthest. She doesn't turn it over yet but can turn over a light stingray without even trying.

Would someone throwing 250' max see a benefit from a TL over a Leopard? Leopard and Classic inferno are consistently my wifes longest discs, but the classic inferno has a pretty wide rim and I am betting she could get better throws from a faster leopard, just wondering if she would actually *see* a difference?

At 250' max I would stick with the Leopard. What plastic is the one that she has? DX/Pro would get longer for her quicker. Champ/Star would take a while.

If she gets to the point of pushing up close to 300' the TL would show a bit of improvement. If she is more comfortable with a wider rim she may prefer the TL anyways. Either one should work alright, but the distance increase wouldn't be very obvious with the TL until it was broken in quite a bit.

EDIT: If she's throwing a BS Leopard you could try a DX. It would beat in fairly quick and become a turnover driver. If there isn't much wind then it should be longer once she gets used to it.

She has star and champs. You aren't gonna pry that champ from her hands though.

She also has a pro as part of my clinic players pack but I haven't given it to her yet.

My wifes favorite disc is her 150 BS Leopard, somehow it is a pretty good wind fighter and always goes farthest.

Yup.
High PLH Leos are where its at. Sounds like she's got one. This is one disc where I prefer the Star version over Champ- but only because it is easier for me to find high PLH Leos in Star.

And you know I'm talkin' 150 class.

She has star and champs. You aren't gonna pry that champ from her hands though.

She also has a pro as part of my clinic players pack but I haven't given it to her yet.

A DX in approximately the same weight as well as the Champ would probably make a pretty good combo for her assuming she's carrying multiple discs.

great poll -- i carry a KC Teebird, a KC Eagle and an overstable 11x Champ Eagle in my bag always. I gotta vote eagle ... 11x KC Pro Eagle = best disc ever. If I unload my entire bag on a hole that disc will be closest to the pin most of the time.

A DX in approximately the same weight as well as the Champ would probably make a pretty good combo for her assuming she's carrying multiple discs.

Pfft, she carries more discs than I do! She's really difficult too, star stingrays that never fly like the one she has, cfr XD, r-pro prototype XD, Japan Open r-pro XD, cfr Gremlins, OOP Snipers...woman costs me a fortune!! I suppose all that stuff is cheaper than diamonds though isn't it?

Discraft Tracker, mine is a little more overstable than my Eagle, better for wind and stays in the air a little longer.

I was gonna say the same thing, i moved down to a tracker from only throwing forces and crush's and im having alot more success.

He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines

-King Missile

i carry 18 discs, 3 of which are teebirds in differents weights and stages of wear, 2 star one champion, my vote is teebird, although i have been contemplating adding a TL for one hole at my home course.

Anyone try a Pro TL? I see they are only 150 class? My wifes favorite disc is her 150 BS Leopard, somehow it is a pretty good wind fighter and always goes farthest. She doesn't turn it over yet but can turn over a light stingray without even trying.
The Pro TL came in all kinds of weights, but they are OOP, so stores might only have 150 class in stock. The Pro TL will probably fly farther than a Leopard for someone throwing >300', but it probably won't be that much different than the Leopard for her. Lots of discs fly really similarly at those shorter distances.

As for the original question, I vote for carrying the Teebird AND the TL OR the Eagle.

^Thanks^

I will tell her she can have a TL when she out-drives me consistently...to which she is not far from with me switching from FH to BH.

Hey...call me silly, I kind of like getting beat by girls. ;)

Latest posts