• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Beat in DX/KC Pro Roc replacement- 2014 Edition

Gravity Ghost or heavy Comet. DX Ontario and San Marino Rocs are less stable than Ranchos, so grabbing one of those could accelerate the process.

Flying Squirrel or Antidote would be good.

Ok maybe I'm out in left field here but what about a star kite granted doesn't feel like a roc but I think it flies like a beat dx roc with lots of glide

Excel or Gravity Ghost is your best bet, they beat in very quickly after a few drives/tree hits and will fly closer than anything else to your roc.

I Use a Gravity Ghost and it beat in quickly but they hit a stage right after the innitial quick break in where they have some very nice hyzer flip and slowly develop more turnover from there on out.

Trust me, this is what you want.

i concur :D .. i was a oop KC/DX Roc guy for the past 4-5 years made the switch to Legacy in Feb and havent looked back.. I LOVE my Excel Ghosts.. now out the box its not as beefy it reminds me of an Ontario Roc or a lightly seasoned Rancho .. dont get me wrong i can get my Excels to hold a hyzer but its a lil different.. but with my couple excels (or gravity) and a pinnacle i can cover anything i need and in the hand they feel oh so close to the Roc Mold its crazy

Last edited:
I use a star atlas for this shot in the winter months. Works like a charm. It doesnt have a bead like a roc but if you are ok with that then I would suggest getting one.

Hybrid truths also fly like a broken in roc.

Haven't seen it mentioned yet, but a Panther might work too. But all in all, it doesn't take all that much to beat in a DX Roc. Get a new one with a flat top and throw it on every hole during casual rounds, it will be where you want pretty soon.

I also agree with the Mako3 recommendation. I have one in G* and champion and the G* is really sweet, a little less stable than the champion. After a few rounds with it, I noticed I wasn't pulling my DX Roc out all that much.

Last edited:

Latest posts