• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Been playing for 3 months - Please help me get better.

Gunslinger82

https://youtu.be/x0Y71wbxQr0

Made a video at a local 4 hole course. Really open and not technical at all but good for filming and testing how discs fly. I've played in 2 local tournaments but didn't really do great. Didn't come in last either but I feel like better form could really change my game. My max distance is about 275.

Right now I'm bagging a Pro Wraith, Star Valkyrie, DX Teebird, Champion TL, DX Leopard, DX Valkyrie, Opto River, Blizzard Beast(water and Tomahawk), Champ Mako, Mako3, Fuzion Truth, DX Aviar, and DX Polecat.

I've got a bunch of other discs but this has been my best starting lineup.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You are throwing from a flat footed, ducked out feet horsestance. You want to stride more sideways with your feet meanwhile pivoting your body much further back while remaining in good upright and athletic posture.

My friends and co-workers find your analysis to be absolutely hilarious and spot on. :D

I have league tonight after work so I intend to put your advice in play. My duck feet probably won't be fixed in a day but I can start.

I've made a number of changes to my beginning stance, X-Step, and even my shoes. I'm using a lighter pair of shoes to make it easier to put my left leg behind my right leg for a more parallel push off. My results are more inconsistent now but I'm getting more distance at times. Still working on putting it all together but hope to put up a new video soon.

Its common advice, but I think you would really benefit from getting a standstill throw down. From you video I would also say to make sure you reach away from your body further. You hug yourself a bit (rounding).

I also highly encourage you to watch Sidewinder's one-leg drill video a few times. In my opinion, this drill is where the magic really happens. Use the one leg drill to figure out how to whip your arm with your hip movement. Its strange at first, but you will know when you do it right. Be careful! When you get it right the disc will probably fly out of your hand from all the accidental power. I almost put a hole in my living room wall like that.

It really is very similar to a ball golf (bolf) swing. Just instead of letting your swing go down towards the ball on the ground, the swing goes on a straight line from max reachback to the target of the throw.

Its strange at first, but you will know when you do it right. Be careful! When you get it right the disc will probably fly out of your hand from all the accidental power. I almost put a hole in my living room wall like that.
Lol, yep. :thmbup: