• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beginner looking to add putter and driver

mpbrix92

I'm a beginner looking for advice, currently have a deffender and pro Vulcan for driver and rhino for putter looking for something that doesn't have as much fade as the deffender and for a putter that doesn't fade

If you are new to the game I would drop the defender and Vulcan. Pick up a straight mid (Roc, Roc3, Mako, Mako3)and fairway (Teebird, leopard, leopard3) to work on form/accuracy/distance. I bag innova mostly so i just put a few that would work the best.

I would dump those drivers also and try a Roc. super versatile disc that you will learn a lot with

I'm a beginner looking for advice, currently have a deffender and pro Vulcan for driver and rhino for putter looking for something that doesn't have as much fade as the deffender and for a putter that doesn't fade

Try an Innova beginner pack they have 2 or a Discraft, stay away from the one with the Nuke. The one from Dynamic Discs is not bad either if you like that brand, not sure if others are out there
Also for a putter with no fade the Classic Grid Avair is just about that disc, however all disc will have a little fade left or right.

Deputy, Original Truth and Witness if you want to go with Dynamic Disc --- or Air Escape instead of Witness

These discs will all fly perfectly straight, even for a beginner if thrown properly

I love me some glidey, grippy, Swedish made plastic

Understable to neutral lightweight driver or better yet a mid roc, Buzzz or something like that in a light weight lat 64 makes Jade and diamond (easy to throw beginner discs) and for your putter whatever is comfortable and works. Discs like the Rhyno, harp, zone and so on say putt AND APPROACH not every putter is made for running chains. Magnet, Aviar, magic, all good putters and there are many more to shoose from the most important thing is that your driver is a light weight neutral disc preferably a mid-range disc for a while

I started with the Innova starter pack and loved it but lost two of the discs pretty quickly by stupidly doing fieldwork near a deep, fast-moving creek. By that time, I had read a little bit and got some recommendatiolns, so I bought a River. Immediately added distance and accuracy to my game. I still bag a River and use it all the time. I think it's a very beginner-friendly disc but one that will help you learn to keep the nose down, as it's pretty sensitive to that. As that is a common problem with us beginners, it's a good thing to work on.

Judge is the best neutral-ish putter on the market in my opinion but there are tons of options, so I'm sure you will find something you like and you'll get lots of other recommendations. We love to talk about putters!

Thanks guys picked up a sidewinder cheap which has been really good to me so far and I'm going to keep adding discs y'all have been suggesting

I forgot to mention earlier I do have a teebird which I throw a lot

These are both good discs. Stick with them! A Roc is a good suggestion for midrange.

God damn man!! Get a leopard and a safe or diamond and a magic. Maybe grab a light Buzzz or mako or shark also light.

This week hit my first career Ace with the champion sidewinder going out with a local pro Sunday he's going to sell me some discs and let me throw em

Attachments

• 03BBF46A-019B-4053-AE20-CB1714BAF233.jpg
    03BBF46A-019B-4053-AE20-CB1714BAF233.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 11
  • CE8968F8-5EE5-41CE-84EE-3A8E4EE1B147.jpg
    CE8968F8-5EE5-41CE-84EE-3A8E4EE1B147.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 7
I lied I got a tern from him not a west side that was my second option but got a couple straighter flying discs which right now is what I needed