• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Being "Niced"...

Whenever a bad throw sneaks through we go with one of the 3 classics...

"Pro route!"
"Golden route!"
"Hot route!"

And sometimes simply...

"Pagan!"

someone saying 'Nice' after you throw and having that throw actually be 'Nice' throughout it's flight is a very good feeling.

the term 'Niced' is used only when someone says 'Nice' (or pays that sort of compliment) only to then have the throw not finish nicely (i.e. hitting a tree).

if someone 'Nices' you and your throw finishes nicely, you weren't 'Niced', you were just paid a well earned compliment.

here's a picture of a smiling goat.

smiling+goat.jpg

OMG! I've never laughed harder at a post. The goat thing was freakin hilarious!

Being "niced" is now a joke between my group of playing buddies, even though it is odd every time someone nices me, I hit a tree!

Granted, I hit a lot of trees anyways :p

"Nice! Nice! Nice!"

I was hit with the little used triple nice this past Friday afternoon. Playing the shortish 225 3rd Hole at Vallarta-Ast I fail to power up a Roc and she fades pin high left into one of those twigy lies. You know this type of lie. Broom handle sized sticks under foot, a pointy tree branch or two in the back and a pesky twiggy branch in the vicinity of your face or ear. And a bushy kinda thingy right in line with the basket. 35 footer...left to right head wind.

I organize my stance. Move a couple sticks so I'm not standing on little rollers and twist a bit so I'm not gonna lose an eye or get skewered. Select the link I wanna hit, recheck the wind and let her go.

The putter comes out of my hand great....everything looking just right. The discs hits the chains "CHING!" at what appears to be the perfect speed and then.....lol...some kind of time warp opens. Just an instant after the ching, my playing partners...in perfect unrehearsed timing exclaim, "Nice! Nice! Nice!" They couldn't have niced me any nicer had they practiced for a week. It was, ahem nice. I'm jazzed cuz it was a good putt from a tough position. But there is this time warp thing happening and with 3 Nices hanging in the breeze and a faint ringing of chains drifting down the fairway my disc... now moving in slow motion thru the chains softly hits the post, turns from level to perpendicular, falls to the bottom of the basket where it lands on edge. Then begins to roll across the bottom of the basket, up the inner rim of the basket, over the top rim of the basket and then falls un-nicely to the ground.

Time returns to ordinary speed and our foursome experieces a collective WTF? moment. I won't say we were laughing out loud, but it was freaking uncanny how we all had a similar experience of the moment of contact and the disc falling to the bottom and then just slowly backing up and out.

It was wierd. Shortly there after I instituted the Triple Nice Courtesy Violation Rule.

someone saying 'Nice' after you throw and having that throw actually be 'Nice' throughout it's flight is a very good feeling.

the term 'Niced' is used only when someone says 'Nice' (or pays that sort of compliment) only to then have the throw not finish nicely (i.e. hitting a tree).

if someone 'Nices' you and your throw finishes nicely, you weren't 'Niced', you were just paid a well earned compliment.

here's a picture of a smiling goat.

smiling+goat.jpg

NICE goat. Having said that I hope he remains in good health

I always like it when people start to get mad at me for the shots I'm hitting. I even like it more then when someone says good shot or something like that.

My dad and I were playing at Mt. Airy the other day and we let two guys play through on 15 since my dad likes to play slower. The one guy loses his disc down in the creek on the right side since the pin placement in on the side of the hill on the right. Well the one guy walks back and tells us to go on and throw. I throw what could possibly be my worst drive since I was a beginner which goes way left off the tee and leaves me with about close to a 400ft shot. I tell my dad to get down by the basket so he sees where my shot ends up so he joins the one guy about 20ft behind the basket. I throw my second shot and it looks like its turning over into the creek bed when then it flexes back and then I can tell its gonna be a beautiful shot. I hear the guy say "holy sh*t" as I park it right under the basket for a drop in 3 and he gives me a standing ovation all the way to my lie and as I putt out. I didn't get a "nice shot" but was still the best feeling I've had since I've been playing.

Latest posts