• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Anhyzer Disc for Distance?

champion roadrunner is my favorite disc for the anhyzer. i had a monarch as well, but didn't like it as well as my roadrunner. for shorter shots, i have a DX Stingray that works great!

for a turnover shot that fades back nicely, it's hard to beat the valkerie.
i have a really old, very beat up DX valkerie that turns over hard and works great for a roller.

a few months ago i had to transition from RHBH to LHBH because i hurt my shoulder. now when playing most of my go to courses they have a lot of great RHBH long hyzer's, but not so friendly for someone playing LHBH. i use a FLX surge ss and a star Valkyrie depending on the shot. for bigger distance over 350' i like my surge and for more turn i use my Valkyrie.

i carry a roadrunner but use it for boomerang style turnover shots and some rollers. roadrunner is great and so is a sidewinder but you will get better and you will outgrow them, so start off with a Valkyrie or a surge ss.

I know it is late in this thread's discussion, but you might also look at a Discwing Quarter KII. Some of my longest drives ever have been with this disc. But I do have a noodle arm after all. :D

I know it is late in this thread's discussion, but you might also look at a Discwing Quarter KII. Some of my longest drives ever have been with this disc. But I do have a noodle arm after all. :D

^^^^Yep, same problem here...weenie arm in comparison to most I play against...but what does work for me as far as an anhyzer disc that will hold the line well....star roadrunner 162g. I do have Star sidewinders, and champ Monarch, all very good discs, but fades harder than the rr tends to. I usually throw it for straighter shots, but if I do need a good ani without a hard fade at the end of the flight I use my RR. Typically though if I need a right turn, I throw forehand.

For golf shot control I like a slightly beat Star Wraith 325-400ft

For all out distance (someone mentioned this one before) a Discwing QKII
one of my longest throws ever, flying almost the entire way anhyzer, 515ft

I throw a semi-beat champion beast for long turnover shots.. if you aren't looking for that much added distance maybe try a leopard? I know the archangel is supposedly really understable but I found for me it doesn't hold a very good anny.

I like the skeeter or the sidewinder for annies. Although I usually just throw forehand, and if a hole doglegs the other way I throw backhand. If it's only a slight dogleg right, I throw a backhand annie with the skeeter.

almost any disc can be an anhyzer disc...once again , this isn't rocket science...what works for you isn't going to work for everyone...some people can't turn things over as easily as others, due to arm speed, or just being new to the game, etc..

I've found that the domier top discs with huge amounts of glide work great for holding anhyzers. The Skeeter is one such disc and the Tbone is another.

I like a beat up CE Valkyrie for long anhyzers that will almost always come back.

For shorter shots, under 300' I can't beat my DX stingray. (Although recently came across a champion stingray that I hope will have similar characteristics - haven't been able to throw it yet)

For max distance anhyzers (>350) I find a somehwat beat up viking works great. This is of course actually throwing an anhyzers not turning the disc over. Long disance turnovers I like to use a beat up valkyrie, T-bird. I usually use a forearm throw in that situation tho unless its 350' plus. Happy Discin