• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Backpack Style Bag?

Just want to figure out the best backpack bag to buy that is NOT a Grip bag. I have checked out the DD Ranger bag, but I wasn't completely sold on it.

If anyone has suggestions for a reasonably priced backpack bag that won't fall apart on me, please let me know!

Go to target and pick up a nifty Jansport bag.

*BOOM* you're the most dapper looking sir on the course.

I have a revolution that I have had for quite some time. It has been at least 5 years, and it still looks new.

Wait and see if that discmania bag is actually coming or an April fools joke, there could be potential there.

I have had a DD Ranger, Salient Catalyst, and a GRIP bag. I sold the first two and settled w/ the grip. I know you don't want a grip bag, but honestly they are very solid compared to the Ranger/Catalyst.

The route I would go if you absolutely don't want to get a grip bag and don't want to wait and see if Discmania is putting out a bag-- gorilla boy simian. Lots of storage, comfortable on the back, best of all it has a built in frame and you can sit on the top like a stool. Three people in my local club have Simians and I have yet to hear a complaint from them~

If you can handle the wait the simian is awesome. I had the grip which is also awesome and the ranger as well. The simian is equally as comfortable maybe more plenty if room for everything you need discs and gear and food and well everything. The built in seat is killer.

Best is subjective. The grip is the leader for a reason.

It would be easy to suggest others if there were any. It seems like every other backpack suggested in other threads are sold out, back order or just April fools jokes:wall:

Do like bender says, because the grip is it, and since you don't want it... A jansport Will last you forever.

I have a Grip and DD Ranger. I enjoy them both. You said reasonably priced that won't fall apart and not a Grip. The ranger is those things. Lot of people have them and a lot of threads right under this about them. If those can't help you figure it out I don't know what will. Latitude64 is also coming out with one next month. I wouldn't worry much about that Discmania picture. That looks like a branded Grip bag under a rainfly.

Have you checked out the ergo2 by big hyzer? I ended up going with one after doing some bag research.

1662608_694305617286943_1056682871_n.jpg

Ergo 2 best money I have spent.

I just went thru this myself and after doing months of research I had to go with the Golf Mahal. There's just no comparison on the market right now. And to last a lifetime the extra you pay is more than worth it. Plus its perfect for so much more than disc. At least worth some consideration

from looking at the ergo pics, i have a skateboarding backpack that im sure could fit as many if not more. their putter pocket seems no more than the pocket in the main compartment to hold a laptop. plus i have a ton of other storage in it. could also hold a skateboard too plus my discs.

anyways id maybe figure out some dimensions then convert a skateboard backpack over. once my fade bag gives out im probably going to do that. skate stores online have crazy deals online for backpacks. under $30 for my last one, was originally like 100 i think ive only had to buy two in my whole life of skating and school (10+ years) so they last a long time from daily use.

First off, thanks for all the feedback guys!

My main reason for not getting a Grip bag is because of the price. Don't get me wrong, if I had the money, I would buy one in a heartbeat! Unless someone wants to give one to me ;) I cannot obtain a Grip.

I looked at a couple of the other suggestions and they look good, but I still feel like there might be more out there.

*sigh* I guess I will live with the 'ol Innova Competition for a little longer...

A grip is only $50 dollars more than most backpack styles other than the Catalyst. Upper Park is in the process of a redesigned Shift or a completely different bag. I own an ergo2 and love it. I fit about 21 in the main compartment and could go a few more in the storage pocket behind the putters if needed. If you're gonna spend money, you might as well get the best bang for your buck so make sure whatever you decide it's what you want and not what you could afford. I kind of had that problem with my Contender bag.