• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best bag for the $$$?

I just got the new Latitude 64 bag. $80. Built very well IMO. Styling is similar to the Revo Caroline Bag, but without the frame. The bag is also a bit oversize in the main disc compartments, which makes the end and front pockets larger. Will hold 16-18 discs in the main, plus 2 putters in a pocket on the end (nice, as it can be reached while carrying it) It will hold alot of gear, if that's somethng you require, the pockets are very room for jackets, food, extra fluids, towels, etc.

More than the Fade, less than the Revo, about the price of the GB.

Whatever you buy, get the Phenex Quads. You may change bags around, but you'll always use the Quads...

Another vote for the fade tourney.
I also got the Fade straps. I like the rain cover thing that comes with it.

fade%20dude.jpg

In reference to the super value Walgreens bag....the price is cheap...but the bag falls apart VERY fast. I recommend investing in something higher quality. As is usually the case, you get what you pay for.

I got a brand new Chimp bag, holds 14 in the main, two putters, and you can fit more in if you "HAD" to in the side pocket, or rain flap pocket. I got DGA gels just to go with it and it cost me right around 110 without shipping, all brand new. I've had it since Jan and it's already been in two Tourny and seen it's fair share of play. And, it's not once given me a problem.

Honestly liked it so much I got a used Squirrel Monkey(got it in today actually) and threw my extra Quad shocks on it for goofing off or playing short courses. Where I don't need the full shot selection my chimp(tourny) bag offers in extra disc. I'd have to agree that I can honestly see no need to upgrade in a very long time. They are made to last, and you don't have floppy dividers from Innova competition bag, both GB bags have internal structures, so they stand up nicely when you sit them down. I have one of them just to carry extra/field practice disc in. But, I'd never carry it to play with the GB's around. Total I have around $120 max in my Chimp, and $60 total in my Squirrel Monkey bag with used quads and used bag.

I know these aren't really the size you might be looking for, the Chimp is almost perfect and I don't see a reason you'd really need more space in it. And, as I said you can put a few more than 16 in it in extra pockets if youhad to. But, this is mostly to show their quality.

HA, funny i did the exact same thing, minus the gel quads, i bought a chimp, was so impressed, that i bought a squirrel monkey for casual rounds. I could not be happier with the quality of GB bags, they are everything you could hope for and at a reasonable price.

You can't go wrong with GB.

Does anyone know the dimensions for the fade tourney vs. innova comp. & deluxe?

Not sure about the Fade, but the Innova Comp and Deluxe are the the same size. The difference between the two bags is the Comp has a second water bottle holder and a mini pocket. The Deluxe has a large side pocket that goes front to back where the Comp cuts the pocket in half to make room for the bottle holder.

Deluxe is good if you need the storage, Comp is good if you need the extra water bottle.

side by side my tourney bag and my buddy's innova bag are the same size for the most part, if you take out the dividers, they are really similar
i like my fade better, but the innova bag seems just as well built, ups and downs for both

Get a Chimp. You can fit 21 in it if you're creative, but carries very well at 16-17 (with putters.) Its GB quality for a more comparable price to the FADE.

Ive got a revolution bag and its pretty good except the bottom is wearing out where the frame inside sits on the bottom of the bag. Here in Colorado, many of the courses are pretty rugged and when you set your bag down, it's usually on dirt or rocks or some other kind of hard ground and it wears out the bottom. There are not a lot of courses around here with soft, grassy fairways. I'm disappointed in the bag for this reason. For the price, I thought it would last forever. I need to find a bag with a more durable bottom. I was thinking of a bag with a hard plastic bottom, but I don't know if that exists. Other than that, the bag is good.

coat the bottom with the spray on bedliner, put a few coats on, have it set to "form" let it harden, and your bag will look like new , should cost ya less than 8 bucks, and an hours time

i like the flex of plastidip, but if you want solid, go with the bedliner

NutSac Single

Anyone know how the NutSac brand bag holds up? Is it worth the price?

never seen one around here, for the price, i'm sure theres alot of similar options that are more cost effective

I have the Innova DISCarrier bag and I like it, I've had it from July of last year and have played all winter with it. The dividers that came with the bags are warped pretty bad, really need to just take them out. I love the storage of the bag, replaced the Innova straps w/Phenix and couldn't be happier. Bag looks like new still, I want to get a GB Kong so badly, but have no reason to upgrade. Besides the fact that the GB's are awesome and I'll have a unquie bag on the course.

Buddy of mine bought a Fade Tourney and absoultey loves his bag, his is still brand new and has also played all winter with it.

Gorilla Boy vs. Revolution

I think it is known that Gorilla Boy and Revolution make the best QUALITY bag.

I am shopping for a bag and will buy one of these.

Question: The plastic frame that holds the discs, does this break easily? I've heard that it does and I can see how it could when you're jamming discs into your bag. It looks like it's just think plastic.

Another positive thing about Gorilla Boy is that they are more unique looking I think.

These are two very good quality makers...which is better? I know, tough question.

I dig my GB Kong, though I wish the dividers were more like the Fade Tourney or similar dividers held on top and bottom.

I think it is known that Gorilla Boy and Revolution make the best QUALITY bag.

I am shopping for a bag and will buy one of these.

Question: The plastic frame that holds the discs, does this break easily? I've heard that it does and I can see how it could when you're jamming discs into your bag. It looks like it's just think plastic.

Another positive thing about Gorilla Boy is that they are more unique looking I think.

These are two very good quality makers...which is better? I know, tough question.

I wish i had more than 5 minutes to edit my post....

i meant the plastic frame (maybe it's a roll cage) in the Revo. It seems like it's just thin plastic that would easily break.

My revo Carolina bag is 2 1/2 years old. expensive I know but i will definitely have to replace the quad straps before the bag needs anything. it is a trooper and I have not had any issues with the plastic frame breaking. not necessarily the biggest bag. i carry 18 discs, 15 in the main and 2 putters in side pocket. plus one in front of course.

This was totally worth it for me. I went thru 1 bag a year until this one. All previous bags were Innova.

I've had an Innova Competition bag for two summers now through casual and tournament play and it has held up great. Paired with phenix quad shox.

I can't get past the horrible fade logo stitched boldly on the front of their bags, so I'd have to pass on that one until they get a redesign.