• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Bag for Zuca Backpack Cart?

davetherocketguy

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I have a DD Commander back pack and would like to get something different for this cart. The backpack fits OK in there but man it is a struggle to get it in and out. Wondering if there is a different or better option out there. Suggestions?

I have the grip BX. It fits/works fine. My buddy had a DD Ranger bag. It looks like it was made for the zuca. I don't care for their styling, but you can't argue with the fit, even though you will lose access to some side pockets.

Would agree with above posters, the Ranger is probably the best fit for the cart. My Grip C14/15 fit in nicely and goes in/out pretty easily. Won't fall out either no matter how much you tip it forward. Usually best to make sure side bottle holders are empty before putting it in or removing it.

The DD Ranger is the ideal bag for a zuca backpack cart. Fits snug so no extra wiggles or movement, perfect accessability to the top storage when you lift the seat, still allows you to use the side pockets, and allows our to carry 22-25 discs with ease, as well as whatever else your game requires.

Grip bags on Black Friday Sale

The Grip Bags are on sale for black Friday. I was wondering which bags fit best for the standard backpack cart? The C series seems to be an easy fit. My real question is does the AX series or BX series fit best?

Also, I have had the second generation Grip back for several years and it has held up well. Will that bag fit on the standard backpack cart?

The Grip Bags are on sale for black Friday. I was wondering which bags fit best for the standard backpack cart? The C series seems to be an easy fit. My real question is does the AX series or BX series fit best?

Also, I have had the second generation Grip back for several years and it has held up well. Will that bag fit on the standard backpack cart?

I have an ax15 I use in the standard zuca backpack cart. It fits but you really have to jam it in there, and of course the drink holders are not usable. Getting it out is equally difficult so I almost never take it out. I'm sure the smaller BX would be a much better fit.

I just put in a 1/2" PVC rack and am using a Fade bag on top for my set up in this cart. I got the plans off of Skunk River Customs on the bottom of this page. This works fantastic BTW so I don't think I'm going to be buying a new bag anytime soon. I've played three rounds so far and it is so nice knowing my backpack is now freed up for those snow rounds when dragging a cart is not a good option. It's a little noisy so I might make some mods to eliminate/reduce that. And for anyone planning on putting one of these together don't bother with getting any PVC glue. If you glue all of this together it'll never ever get into the cart or if you glue it while in the cart it'll never come out without cutting it up into pieces. Also I may make a shelf for my Fade bag to sit on on the top of the rack.

Attachments

• 76935222_10218066613589306_3774327013871976448_n.jpg
    76935222_10218066613589306_3774327013871976448_n.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 173
I just put in a 1/2" PVC rack and am using a Fade bag on top for my set up in this cart. I got the plans off of Skunk River Customs on the bottom of this page. This works fantastic BTW so I don't think I'm going to be buying a new bag anytime soon. I've played three rounds so far and it is so nice knowing my backpack is now freed up for those snow rounds when dragging a cart is not a good option. It's a little noisy so I might make some mods to eliminate/reduce that. And for anyone planning on putting one of these together don't bother with getting any PVC glue. If you glue all of this together it'll never ever get into the cart or if you glue it while in the cart it'll never come out without cutting it up into pieces. Also I may make a shelf for my Fade bag to sit on on the top of the rack.

That's an awesome looking set up. I too have a DD Commander bag for my cart. I think it's a perfect (a bit tight) fit for my cart. Easy access to the top disc compartments. I don't take the bag out ever though. I just bought a Grip A series bag for winter rounds and I'm liking it thus far. I also just built a 1 1/4" PVC storage rack for my discs at home. About 52" long and maybe 42" tall. I'm loving it. I see you have foam on the bottom which will keep the discs from sliding. I used foam tape for mine. This is cheap and works great for a storage rack. It may be a cheap option for noise reduction on your set up. Just thought I'd offer a thought on that. How it lasts I can't speak on though. Either way I love that set up :clap:

Grip BX2 fits pretty well. Once the side pockets are expanded, they pop out a little beyond the cart for easy access. Drink holders are worthless, but I have drink holders on the cart so no biggie.

I wanted to go with the Ranger for my cart but couldn't find one at the time so temporarily went with the Sniper backpack. It works decently and goes in and out easily. I see Zuca is coming out with a new model (Trekker I think) that is essentially a backpack cart with a built in bag. Once I can find that bag I will probably buy one of those for my existing backpack cart.

e8236da2099ee4db81c60615962224e5.jpg

Would agree with above posters, the Ranger is probably the best fit for the cart. My Grip C14/15 fit in nicely and goes in/out pretty easily. Won't fall out either no matter how much you tip it forward. Usually best to make sure side bottle holders are empty before putting it in or removing it.

I know this is old but...
any chance you have a pic of the backpack cart (not LG backpack cart) with grip C series in it?

I have the grip BX. It fits/works fine. My buddy had a DD Ranger bag. It looks like it was made for the zuca. I don't care for their styling, but you can't argue with the fit, even though you will lose access to some side pockets.

I know I'm quoting a post from 2019 but I wanted to comment on the Grip BX fitting (or not really) on the backpack cart.

I just got a new backpack cart (not the large, but the regular backpack cart from zuca) and it's really nice, but wedging the Grip BX into it is... uhhhh... a bit of a tight fit. This is the bag I have:
DB1019856-7.jpg
which is the first generation BX series.

You can empty the side pockets and squish them in to make it fit. That's not a problem. The problem I found is that the thickness front to back is too much to actually get the skid rails of the bag to actually touch the bottom of the cart. Instead, the bag gets propped up on the fabric right under the bee in the image... right where there is a bit of a weak point already in the fabric being stretched in that bend.

To make it "fit" you then have to squash the quick pull putter pocket down to wedge it under the seat.

So yes, it fits. It can be used. And I'm not buying a new bag just to use with a cart. If you are looking for a good fit on a BX series bag, I would not recommend this cart, but I'd say get the large one.

There's a reason I personally didn't get the large one. My car trunk is really small and only has 10 inches of vertical clearance. The regular backpack cart is supposed to be only 9" deep (without the wheels). This is not true because the pull handle is mounted to spacer brackets on the frame which adds another 1.5 inches to the depth. I solved this by replacing some of the bolts with hitch pins and wingnuts so I can quickly remove the whole handle assembly but yeah, I had to do that to make the regular backpack cart work because the large wouldn't fit my trunk.

Anyway, if you have trunk space, the large backpack cart is definitely the better choice for a BX or BX2 bag.

Latest posts