• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best cart currently?

Smigles

* Ace Member *
I am looking into getting a disc golf cart. Getting closer and closer to 40 so a little less carrying around certainly wont hurt. Specially since I take 3-4 liters of water on a usual sommer afternoon round.

Anyway, I see lots of different carts coming out lately. Can somebody give me a little overview? I am kinda lost.

I want a comfortable one with built in seat and long lasting production quality. Room for a jacket, a speaker and a cooler are bonus points.

Past edit time: I started thinking about it when i saw a friend use a big hyzer cart. It looked really well made and useful but it seems they are no longer in production.

Only two I know of are zuca and Delta carts. The rest I think are just carts to put your bag on. These two are made to actually house your discs. I've been comparing them lately myself so I'll share my thoughts

Zuca
- backpack style loading, but with two levels
- can hold a handful more discs I think
- has less non-disc storage unless you buy accessories, adding to the cost of the cart...
- but the cart costs only $300 compared to the $400 Delta, so if you don't need the storage you're in the clear, and if you do it brings you to the same price point.
- only real downside is people say the zuca is a bit more tippy because it's taller.
- has two bottle holders that are adjustable and can hold 40oz hydroflasks.
- is a touch taller but has a smaller seat
- has a multi-putter pocket on the side, or you can buy a putter pocket accessory for the handle and use that pouch (which is sizeable) for a light jacket or towels, etc.

Delta
- top loading disc storage
- seems like it holds a few less than the zuca
- has the putter pocket in the hard lid on the disc storage area, so you can only fit one putter in there. Most people I know carry at least two putters. You can get an accessory putter pocket to put on the handle. I noticed that's what a lot of people do and they keep a towel in the lid putter pocket.
- has more storage to begin with for the higher price point
- doesn't have bottle holders. Only has a cooler that can hold I think six cans, so that might be 3 plastic water bottles I'm guessing. Seems like I'd have to add bottle holders.
- is a touch lower but still normal seating height, has a wider seat.

Personally I keep switching which one I'll get, but I think zuca wins out right for me personally. I'm not positive I need a lot of storage so I can keep it at the lower cost if I want. It comes with bottle holders. It holds more discs which I'm more likely to need personally than non-disc storage. It has a better handle in my opinion.

My concern with the whole idea of a cart is how they perform on hills (are they stable enough to not tip over... the Delta seems like it might tip less than the zuca), and that I still need a backpack depending on the course terrain. I have mainly wooded courses where I am, and they usually have a lot of elevation and steep hills. Just honestly not sure how useful a cart will be if it's a big hassle all the time.

I do, however, want to get all this weight off my back...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I haven't had an opportunity to trial the newer carts on the market. I'm still very happy with my Gotta Go Throw cart. The cart/bag combo is a bit heavy if you're having to carry it up and down rough segments of a course but otherwise very comfortable to use. I've had my cart for 3 years now and it's held together very well. I sprayed the fabric cover for seat and backrest in 5-6 coats of rubber coating the first day I had it. I've also loosely stitched bottom of backrest with paracord to increase available storage. Bluetooth speaker sits in mini pocket of bag and iphone sits in card holder of backrest. I don't miss carrying my bag at all. Plenty of room for six pack cooler behind bag when needed as well. Good luck with your search.

Pics of my setup in case you're interested.

Attachments

• IMG_1657.jpg
    IMG_1657.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1658.jpg
    IMG_1658.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 177
I have always scoffed at the idea of a cart for disc golf and generally been unimpressed with those i have seen. One of my friends recently got the Delta though and I must admit that thing is sweet- handles rough terrain like a champ and seems very sturdy.

I went back and forth over the delta or the zuca. I went with the delta. Wider seat-better non-disc storage and overall after you buy the extras like rain fly and such with the zuca it's a wash

I went back and forth over the delta or the zuca. I went with the delta. Wider seat-better non-disc storage and overall after you buy the extras like rain fly and such with the zuca it's a wash

Plus you're supporting a local dg company and not some huge brand which modified their girls figure skating bags with bigger wheels.

zc_kitty.sail.blue.jpg

They're both fine carts. Ridge Roller generally will hold more discs, and the seat is higher. The Delta is a tank.

The biggest difference is cost. If I didn't care about money, the Delta is great. The Zuca is probably a better value.

Even with saddle bags and a rain fly the Zuca will run you $350 with using the coupon code on the ridge roller thread.... I don't consider $50 a wash but the price difference is definitely not huge. I think the Zuca is definitely the best value but both are solid carts from what I've seen and read on them.

Last edited:
One thing to keep in mind. If you are tall a higher seat makes a big difference.

Even with saddle bags and a rain fly the Zuca will run you $350 with using the coupon code on the ridge roller thread.... I don't consider $50 a wash but the price difference is definitely not huge. I think the Zuca is definitely the best value but both are solid carts from what I've seen and read on them.

Saddle bags are $65. Cart is $295. Rain fly is $25. That's $385. That's where I came up with it being pretty much the same price point as the Delta if you need those features that the Delta comes with to compare it more evenly.

Saddle bags are $65. Cart is $295. Rain fly is $25. That's $385. That's where I came up with it being pretty much the same price point as the Delta if you need those features that the Delta comes with to compare it more evenly.

Yeah and when you use the coupon code on the last page of the ridge roller thread it gives you 10% off . That brings your price with all those items to $346.50. At regular price it's a wash but with the discount code it's a better value.

One thing to keep in mind. If you are tall a higher seat makes a big difference.

not when you cant really sit on it. higher seats have really nothing to do with being tall or having longer legs etc. sitting down is sitting down unless you are some 6'5+ giant. I prefer my ass to be comfy.

Last edited:
I'm happy with the Delta (6'6"). Same height as my DD stool. But wider for my butt. Zuca is a fine cart as well. I like the zuca for its weighting. I feel like it's a little less likely to tip forward. I've done that once with my Delta when I was in a pissy mood and just let it flip up to a stop and it kept going on over and dumped discs. But it did hit a downhill slope that I didn't see.

It's a push really. I'd have gone with a RR if Joe doesn't quit making them. But I do like the handle on the Delta better, and the pole being one piece instead of two is better as well.

If I were to do an honest "in the cart" video of my Delta, as I am 95% happy with it but can be honest of its short comings, would 1) people be interested in watching it? 2) What specifically would people like to see shown?