• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best cart currently?

No love for the Go-Cart?
$223.99 plus ~$25 for S&H makes this a fantastic value.
You do have to have your own bag, but most of us have one lying around anyways...
Rugged construction and a back rest make it unbeatable in my experience.

I've had mine for 5+ years (and I bought it well-used) and it's still going strong.

I'll piggy back in here on a few questions I have. Have been looking into a cart as well, and the Zuca seems like my preference, but...

-Has anyone tried to travel with it on a plane? On their site it says it is not FAA compliant, but I've heard people say they have used it as their carry on before? How does that work with the big wheels?
-II carry about 16 discs, would there be enough storage left in the main compartment for other things, making the need for storage pouches less?
I really like the umbrella attachment on the Delta, does Zuca offer something like that? It get's stupid hot in Texas, would be nice to escape the heat for a minute.

I'll piggy back in here on a few questions I have. Have been looking into a cart as well, and the Zuca seems like my preference, but...

-Has anyone tried to travel with it on a plane? On their site it says it is not FAA compliant, but I've heard people say they have used it as their carry on before? How does that work with the big wheels?
-II carry about 16 discs, would there be enough storage left in the main compartment for other things, making the need for storage pouches less?
I really like the umbrella attachment on the Delta, does Zuca offer something like that? It get's stupid hot in Texas, would be nice to escape the heat for a minute.

Not sure about the airplane but I carry 30 discs and have plenty of space for other items.
The umbrella attachment is actually made by a ball golf accessories company lots of options out there just use Google.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Carry on: 9x14x22 inch
Zuca: 19x23.5x22 inch

Not close. Perhaps some checked it and there was misunderstanding.

Just wish mine would ship.

...but I've heard people say they have used it as their carry on before? How does that work with the big wheels?...
I don't believe it was said (or at least I don't think it was the intention) that they used the Zuca as a carry on- but that it could be broken down to fit inside your carry-on. If you take the wheels and handle off you can fit it all inside a carry-on compliant suitcase. Not super convenient in my opinion, but if you're leery of checking the cart it's an option.

Just talked to Joe and the Ridge Roller website is back up. Just ordered my Zuca Backpack Cart. I think he's still got a handful available.

"I carry about 16 discs, would there be enough storage left in the main compartment for other things, making the need for storage pouches less?"

The Zuca has two internal "shelves". Each holds about 14-15 discs. If you place 2 in the side pocket you won't need the second shelf and can use that to store "stuff", plenty of "stuff".

So....I just bought a Zuca Cart and received it less then 2 weeks ago.

First round with the cart (Bijou Park - South Lake Tahoe), took a little getting used to as the cart would sometimes want to go in a different direction.

Second round (Rocklin DGC - Rocklin, Ca.), the cart was steering better (smoother ground), but I lost the hub knob that holds the wheel in place and had to constantly slide said wheel back onto the axle. Contacted Zuca for a replacement knob - $10 plus $6 shipping. I'm also finding that hardware stores don't keep a good variety of knobs in stock.

Third round (Oak Grove Park - Stockton, Ca.), I've got the wheel locked on with some lock nuts and washers and it's rolling good. More practice with the steering and it's also good. About 4 holes in I noticed the end cap for the handle fell out, no big deal but this is a new cart. A few more holes later the other wheel's knob disappeared, fortunately I had some extra nuts and washers and was able to secure the wheel. Around hole 8 or 9 (gold course) there must've been some sticker bushes because when I got back on green grass, the wheels were covered in burs. By hole 11, both tires were flat.

So, three trips on not very rugged courses and I've lost both wheel knobs, the handle end cap and I have two flat tires.

I like the potential of the cart but I have yet to realize that potential. I'm going to try to patch it up so I can use it for a tournament this weekend.

Just talked to Joe and the Ridge Roller website is back up. Just ordered my Zuca Backpack Cart. I think he's still got a handful available.

Doesn't look like it'll hold my Prodiscus 30+ Jetpack... and if it does fit, I won't be able to use the wing pockets which each hold 3 putters/mids for me. Seems I'd rather pay the $70 more for a regular Zuca and get more capacity.

Though I could see using it if I had a different backpack as a cheaper option for getting a cart. Also it might be really interesting to see if someone would make a custom bag for this backpack cart that has a storage compartment under the seat (big enough to fit a cooler in, but not a dedicated cooler compartment), with the disc storage underneath; to really utilize the design of this cart especially with it's lifting seat.

I don't understand the flat tire issue. Reading the main thread, it's quite an issue. I've barely ever had a flat in a bike, and those are carrying far more weight. Aren't these regular tires and tubes? Are they some cheap crap tubes or something?

I can't say I remember biking anywhere with as many thorns as where I got the flat on my Delta, but mine wound up being a pinhole leak that took weeks to actually flatten the tube (of course it happened when I was on a two week road trip).

Doesn't look like it'll hold my Prodiscus 30+ Jetpack... and if it does fit, I won't be able to use the wing pockets which each hold 3 putters/mids for me. Seems I'd rather pay the $70 more for a regular Zuca and get more capacity.

Though I could see using it if I had a different backpack as a cheaper option for getting a cart. Also it might be really interesting to see if someone would make a custom bag for this backpack cart that has a storage compartment under the seat (big enough to fit a cooler in, but not a dedicated cooler compartment), with the disc storage underneath; to really utilize the design of this cart especially with it's lifting seat.

I doubt it would hold a Prodiscus. I'll try it out when I get mine, one of the local guys has one. The DD Ranger bags can be had for $100 or less used. They seem like almost the perfect fit with no real missed pockets once the bag is in place. You'd just lose the side putter pocket, but the pole mounted putter pockets that are out there take care of that.

Playing in Texas with the Ridge Roller I got a flat within a month, this was even with using slime in the tubes. Yeah, some thorns are gonna get though. Replaced the tubes with some heavy duty ones at the bike shop and haven't had an issue in over 6 months. I hear the foam tires are really good though.

I have seen several Zuca/RR carts and a few Deltas as well and I think they are both great carts that people who own them defend vigilantly. I chose the RR because of the taller seat and a few other reasons. here is a few pics of mine currently and yes, I love it. http://imgur.com/a/4qms8

Well, using slime is not a great idea. I know it was recommended here, but you'll find most biking or even car enthusiasts hate such products. They just make the tube or tire a mess.

Still waiting, Zuca says they are held up in customs. Thought about canceling and switching to a RR now that he's up and running again with a few in stock, but I'm trying to show patience.

Slime is designed as a temporary fix for autos to get you safely to a mechanic to get a new tire. It's not made for long-term use and eventually will ruin your tires and tubes.

Latest posts