• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Control/Distance Hyzer-Flip Disc

I have stack of Orcs, but they are all just a little too stable. They don't flatten out the way I want. Beautiful pure hyzer disc though.

I have a Opto River that I like for this shot, but looking for something a tad longer. It has a great dye. 3 oldest disc I have.

I bought into the disc down Kool-Aid and it paid off. It's fun to watch people throw a Nuke 350', and I can get there with a Wasp.;)

What is the Renegade similar too?

I've tried S-PD 3 different times, but they take so long to break in, that I just give up on them. Maybe I just need to be patient.

My biggest issue with faster than a speed 11, is my finger are just not as long. The rims always seem to sit funny in my hands. I threw a Nuke SS for the first time and could do $#!% with it because it was too hard to find a clean release because of the rim size.

Many others have said a Star Tern would fit this slot, I would try either this or a Champ Tern. My girlfriend can get her CFR Tern out to 225' on a nice S-curve. If she can do it, you better be able to get to 400'.

Look into a star archon. I prefer the e star archons. I can't hyzer flip high speeds very well and the archon is the only one I've been really consistant with. It's worth a look.

the Surge is discrafts answer to the wraith it is on the higher end of the OP's preferred speed scale. But in the two high end plastics (Z,Esp) this disc will perform differently and cover lots of lines. The Z is more hss and lss and will hold a straight line with a healthy bit of fade but I would say the fade doesnt dump it will penetrate forward. The esp will glide more because its not as stable as the Z plastic Surge. For me it will hyzer flip into a skinny S turn and bomb. I have roughly the same power level as the OP when I used to throw eagles I could get them out to 390-405. I throw my Z surge 400 flat and straight no "S" turn needed, My esp surge will go 425-450 on golf lines with a hyzer flip.

Even if you find a disc to give you that perfect on-a-rope hyzer flip, you'll just throw it a ton and beat it in and then it'll turn too much. Why not start with something a little beefier like the Orcs you already have or S-PD and get it to the sweet spot?

^^^Because when I play leagues and tourneys in the next few weeks I want one that will work now, not one that will work in 3 months. No other reason.

id say a star wraith is really good but they need to beat in a little bit, a 165ish flat top champ wraith works well for this, or a 170-175 champ tern is great, but another thing to try out if u don't want the 11 (tern 12 speed rim-feels like an 11 tho..) speed rim id try out a star beast. they are a great disc throw it flat and get a turn over that lands flat or a little hyzer for a s curve or if u put a 45 degree hyzer they pop up flat and go straight for a while mines a 171 and its a great disc try it out

Star Orc will sit up and run straight with a decent fade.

I feel like I'm the only person that loves this disc....

I dig mine @165. But kind of became prone to turning it over. I would love to try it in champ or a little heavier. Great tailwind driver Long S's.
Do you forehand it or backhand it?

I have stack of Orcs, but they are all just a little too stable. They don't flatten out the way I want. Beautiful pure hyzer disc though.

I have a Opto River that I like for this shot, but looking for something a tad longer. It has a great dye. 3 oldest disc I have.

I bought into the disc down Kool-Aid and it paid off. It's fun to watch people throw a Nuke 350', and I can get there with a Wasp.;)

What is the Renegade similar too?

I've tried S-PD 3 different times, but they take so long to break in, that I just give up on them. Maybe I just need to be patient.

My biggest issue with faster than a speed 11, is my finger are just not as long. The rims always seem to sit funny in my hands. I threw a Nuke SS for the first time and could do $#!% with it because it was too hard to find a clean release because of the rim size.

My 165 Orc doesn't flip up when I backhand it either. But my 168 champ beast does. I was in exactly the same boat when I picked up my beast, star orc and champion viking 175 to the see which slot I was in. Got em from the innova factory store and they are all seconds. That beasts negative 2 turn will get it there and hold or turn if you rip it. A champ roadrunner also flips super easy and I like mine, but is obviously pretty touchy and will keep turning pretty easily.

Hope it helps

I really think you should be getting what you want out of the escape. if your distances are correct, that is.

The only issue I have found with the Escape is that it will drift farther to the right than I want, or it flip too much and not come back till the very very tail end.

Thank you for all the suggestions. Keep it going please.