• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Courses in Southeast

FlickGuy

I'm making a trip back home from vacation (Orlando, FL to Greenville, NC) and was looking to check out some of the best courses on my way. I'm already making a few stops at:

Earlewood Park, Columbia, SC
Boyd Hill, Rock Hill, SC
Renaissance Park, Charlotte, NC
Richmond Hill, Asheville, NC
Ashe County Park, Jefferson, NC

Any suggestions on other courses I shouldn't pass up on? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Stoney Hill.

Depending on the date, since it must be scheduled.

Curious. Some of those courses are a bit out of the way, aren't they?

^ knew it was coming Connor:)
North Georgia Canopy Tours is a sweet course!

IDGC is a MUST stop

All 3 courses there are as good or better than the Charlotte area courses

Beautiful scenery as well!

If you do flyboy also hit up Flat Rock Park in columbus, GA. My home course and awesome :)!

If you're stopping in Columbia, SC you should play Owens Field as well as Earlwood, the course is way better than the reviews/ratings it gets here.

I hear the IDGC is great. If you are in Rock Hill, SC you might as well play Winthrop. Lots of history there and a cool layout.

If you're stopping in Columbia, SC you should play Owens Field as well as Earlwood, the course is way better than the reviews/ratings it gets here.

A minority opinion, here in Columbia.

And among tournament players, as well, who tend to not attend events there.

For our O.P., when is this trip, and how many days do you have, and what route are you taking? Clearly you can just check the highest-rated courses in the Southeast. And if Flyboy is possible for you, it's a no-brainer.

Stoney Hill.

Depending on the date, since it must be scheduled.

Curious. Some of those courses are a bit out of the way, aren't they?

They are a bit out of the way, but I plan on taking a few days to see them and am really interested in seeing some of the courses along the Appalachian. I got a taste of a mountain course in Salt Lake City, UT a few years back and have always wanted to play more like it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far!

Just noticed the latest post and I plan on making the trip within the next week. I plan on making a two day trip. I did check some of the top-rated courses but wanted to see if there were a few "backyard" courses that are under-rated. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I ask because Ashe County seems WAY out of the way. Plus there's a lot more winter there than any of these other courses at this time of the year. It is awesome, though. Me, I'd save it for a summer trip.

Flyboy, like Stoney Hill, must be scheduled so there's no guarantee you could work it out.

All Terrain is a brand-new course about 30 miles north of Columbia. Only a handful of reviews, but they and the locals who've played it rate it pretty highly.

That's a pretty ambitious list for a 2-day trip when the sun sets at 5:30.

Have fun.

Flyboy, Stoney Hill, the IDGC and a few of the Charlotte courses were the highlights of my trip down that way.

If you do the trip up through Atlanta, make sure you hit Magnolia in Live Oak, FL. Played it earlier today - Excellent course! Also in a very cool environment (music festival park) and not at all out of the way off I-75.

If you haven't played Cedarock & Wellspring in Burlington that might be worth a stop.

Come to Tampa FL area. We have about a dozen courses and some are gorgeous and right on the beach (Maximo Park aka Tocabaga).