• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Best Disc for Anhyzer Glide Shot

Depends on your power level. If you can throw a putter that far, and there is no ceiling, go with that. If not, a Meteor glides for days but definitely needs some speed to get it going. For easy D I'd say a Tursas. Easily understable out of the box.

If Forehand: Because you said you can't swing it out too wide, maybe a forehand with a higher speed driver would be a better option, with a low line directly at the corner of the turn on a slight hyzer, depending on the surface you might be able to get some big skips all the way to the basket.

That was my first thought too. Sounds like a perfect setup for a straight to fade flick Gator or Firebird depending on the distance desired. Gator if 225', Firebird if 275'. When I was first learning to flick I had to suffer through a period of great embarrassment and many failures before it started to click. I still suffer from those periods occasionally but less than before. The flick is always a great option for shots that go right and finish right because of what in4d said about the benefit that you could get from a skip into the basket. Of course the skip could also be into some undesirable terrain as well so there's that too. It all depends on how you want the shot to finish. A well executed anhyzer shot that finishes perfectly flat and falls like a snowflake right under the basket from >200' out can also be a beautiful thing. Although I have never played it, I'm thinking of something like the USDGC Winthrop #17. If I ever get there to play it, I think I'm gonna say a prayer and throw a Theory.

Thanks for all the replies to this thread! A lot of great advice and suggestions for disc choice.

This question was in response to hole #3 at Killens Pond in Delaware, which is my home course. I have gone back and forth on backhand and forehand on this hole. I have tried the high speed forehand, maybe I could give it some more chance. Still think I feel more comfortable with the backhand.

Maybe I will give the dx aviar I have a chance, it is worn in, so it is fairly stable to under stable. Sounds like I should keep an eye out for a deal on a theory as well. Thanks again for all the input!

I would use an Ibex for this shot.

Its understable enough to be easy to turn when thrown with a slight hyzer, but has enough fade to it that it'll fight the whole way and just keep gliding right without turning over too hard.

GoldLine Fuse.

Perfect for this.
Nope, way to flippy and unreliable. I had one of these and replaced it with the Comet. The Fuse flipped at the drop of a hat, and never landed the same place twice. I thought I sucked at throwing this shot until I switched up discs and found something more consistent.

Now, I'd either use a Mako or a Theory. Both discs will fly the line somewhat differently, but both will fly it.

I know the exact hole you're talking about at Killens. For me I threw the Judge on that hole and parked it. Now I would throw my Protege Clutch on an anny and just watch it glide in towards the basket. If you don't have the arm to throw the putter on that hole I would suggest either a Comet, Ontario Roc or a Stingray. The Stingray is a highly under utilized disc in my opinion. Its understable out of the box and can be used as a great hyzer flip disc for those shots just out of reach of the putter for those anhyzer shots. Plus, it's a great roller out of the box as well.

Thanks for all the replies to this thread! A lot of great advice and suggestions for disc choice.

This question was in response to hole #3 at Killens Pond in Delaware, which is my home course. I have gone back and forth on backhand and forehand on this hole. I have tried the high speed forehand, maybe I could give it some more chance. Still think I feel more comfortable with the backhand.

Maybe I will give the dx aviar I have a chance, it is worn in, so it is fairly stable to under stable. Sounds like I should keep an eye out for a deal on a theory as well. Thanks again for all the input!

Looking at the pics on the course section of DGCR, I would stick with my original choice of Panther. I will be trying to hit this course up sometime over the summer. I will throw my Panther and let you know how it works out :D

Nope, way to flippy and unreliable. I had one of these and replaced it with the Comet. The Fuse flipped at the drop of a hat, and never landed the same place twice. I thought I sucked at throwing this shot until I switched up discs and found something more consistent.

Maybe you just don't jive with it, my fuses are money.

assuming no wind and you want a smooth arch start to finish i wouldnt really go with something understable because it's not going to hold the line you put it on. you really want something neutral and stable like a z comet, mako, dx roc, buzz, md2... whatever else.

now if you want the disc to cut harder on the back side of the trees you're going around you throw something a bit less stable but still not understable. a really understable disc could flip on you and wont be as consistent throwing that type of high arching shot.

Maybe you just don't jive with it, my fuses are money.

I assumed that was the case, or that it was a bad disc(as opposed to the mold being bad). I wanted to love my Fuse. It had some of the prettiest plastic I've ever bought, and the dye job I threw on there was the best I'd done at the time. Unfortunately it didn't work out.

x comet. or polecat. probably gonna give up a 3 on this, don't think i can hit that angle quite right to have a great shot at 2 for that blue tee.