• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BEST DISC IN YOUR BAG!! ONLY CAN CHOOSE ONE!!

That's a really tough question, I'd say the soft magnet if I felt I could drive it over 175' I think I'll go with my x avengers, I have them in everything from 162 to 175 grams they're my flip driver, my straight driver and most of the time my overstable driver, and I feel I can control them a lot better with my 350' of power than faster discs like the force or the destroyer.

We have a group at my local course that meets Saturday mornings at 8am. We play for minis, similar to "bag tag challenge" The minis are numbered underneath, so the winner of the round gets the #1 tag, and then goes from there. Then next week the #1 player gets to choose the format for the round, regular, short tees, 1,2 or 3 disc , Ript revenge, or we also have a safari layout, but we only do that if a, we have extra time, and b, the weather is fairly good<not hot, cold, or extra windy>. Anyway, we played the one disc a few times, and it took me while to found what worked best for me, and it ended up being my 171g champion TL. It is mostly in my bag as my "thumber" disc. However, and playing around with it some, it ends up being a pretty good backhand disc<you can make it hyzer, or flip> as a forehand it is fairly straight<you can't put a lot of snap into it or it can flip>, and as I said it is usually my thumber disc, also works fairly well as a roller. I give up distance using it on a few holes, but if you only play one disc for a full round, you want versatile, and accurate.

I love JLS. I carry three, an old beat up one, a newer one, and a freshy. I don't think it is the most versatile disc, just my old faithful when it comes to field drives or tight wooded holes.

It is tough for me. It used to be my Champion Coyote but I just purchase a Star Skeeter and I really like it. If I only played with one disk it would be my Coyote. It does about anything and it is a decent putter in a pinch.

Another vote for the Coyote!

If I could only play with one disc it'd have to be the Coyote. Love my Coyote!

I've only been using my coyote this year, but so far, LOVE IT. I could play a whole round with this no problem. Goes a solid 200 feet, no problem, but it's gentle enough for those short approaches.

I've only been using my coyote this year, but so far, LOVE IT. I could play a whole round with this no problem. Goes a solid 200 feet, no problem, but it's gentle enough for those short approaches.

I'm throwing mine 270-300' without much problem. :D

Right now my one disc would be my dx TeeBird. Oldest disc in my bag and the one I sneak into luggage to have a disc with me "just in case". Played more 1 disc with this one then any of the others. I am however hoping the Dragon I just ordered will change my mind. From all I have herd of it, it sounds like the perfect disc for me. Can't wait!!
Scott

I can't see playing a "One Disc" round with a driver. Drives for me are just too hard to putt with. That is why I would go with a midrange.

Midrange

The amazing no turnover no fade run it every time super gliding DX Skeeter. It's a shark with less fade. It's a stable coyote. It goes where you will it. It will go almost as far as my champion wraith if I tell it to.

I've discovered my one disc. Star Gator. It was solidified when I played on friday while we had winds up to 60 mph. I played hyland, on the runs of a ski hill, and the gator was the only thing that worked in the crazy winds on the hill (putter kept flying back at me as soon as chains slowed it down). Its great in the wind, and you can do anythign with it, drive, approach, even putt. Pinpoint accuracy every time.

Last edited:

Latest posts