• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best disc youve ever lost...?

Beat up Glo Stratus. Boy this could turn a corner.
First-run Organic Magic. First putter I ever owned.

Blue 174 Champ Eagle that I got as a player's pack prize three years ago. Its in the Carey Park fishing pond (assuming someone else didn't fish it out) with at least 20 others that I threw.

I have lost several Proline Gremlins & Proline Leopards over the years. I love them a lot, I use them a lot, and they are exceedingly difficult (and expensive) to replace. Luckily, they more often than not find their way back home eventually.

Have yet to lose a supersoft Vibram (VP, Ridge, or Summit), but I will be quite melancholic when I finally do.

I have lost two Discraft Z Drones in the past 2 weeks. First one i was at my boss's house and throwing around down by his pond (poor choice) and threw it in the middle. terrible. then since i was down to one in my bag i was play it safe at a mini tounrey and the water was a ways away from the basket so i pulled it out of my bag and threw it sidearm and the son of a gun just anhyzered like 100 feet to the left. Like it was unbelieveable. Either way i was pretty devastated since it cost me like $35 to get those things in. they are my only disc i throw that cost over 20 and i lost both of them. So gay

I got a Star Leopard not too long ago that went perfectly straight with very little fade for a good 350 ft. I even called it my 'long buzzz'. But I left it behind at no. 18 at Mars Hill college when I threw a second shot and drove home. Realized it was lost and drove back (30 minutes each way) only to find it wasn't there. I replaced it with a Champ Leopard but it's definitely not as long or as stable. It's still a good disc in its own right but the one I lost was the perfect fairway driver for the very short amount of time that I owned it.

Best Disc Lost

A Champion Stingray at 180g at Wickham park in Melbourne, FL. I lost it on an early hole to the right in a large field of palmeto plants. I searched for a long time until I realized the threat of coral snakes at that time of year. I learned how to play on that disc and they stopped making champoin stingrays. My wife bought be a special edition champion stingray at Christmas, her parents for me a star stingray and I have an x-out stingray with two dx stingrays (yikes...) but none of them work the same. I use the star stingray a lot, but nothing is the same as the original.

Only disc I have ever lost was one I didnt care about in the first place. I DNF a round to find an OLF one time though.

I had a 150 star leopard. I could make that disc do some amazing things. Threw it into a small group of trees and looked about 2 hours for it and never found it. I went to the pro shop to buy a nother one and they didnt have them so I got a 150 sidewinder and its close but they still have different flights.

A sweet tie dyed Champ Sidewinder. I was practicing forehand drives and I forgot to pick it up. What a jerk.

I also threw a sweet tie dyed Star Sidewinder as a mulligan and forgot to pick it up. Jerk x2. I don't think I'm supposed to have tie dyed Sidewinders.

I lost two beloved discs (champ Eagle, champ TeeBird) in one round one time.. I was playing Adair course near Corvalis, OR for the first time and launched a couple into the blackberry thorns, never to be seen by me again, I'm still upset a year+ later

What is it about Leopards that people lose them so much? I lost my beloved Purple/Green/White Pro Line Leopard years ago at La Mirada. I replaced that one with a multi-colored champ that I got about 2 years later in 2005. That one was beautiful as well... Nailed basket on no less than 3 100+ foot shots. Got a Star Leopard to mix it up about a year and a half ago (still had the champ) and got a good one. Best Tunnel shot disc I ever had. Then within a 3 month period starting in December of last year I lost the Star and the Champ.

I am now the proud owner of a Gummy BS Champ Leopard and a brand new Star Leopard. Neither holds a candle to any of the 3 that I lost.

I have lost four leopards. Maybe it's because they are flippy or maybe since it's a beginner friendly disc you use it early on when you are more likely to throw erratically. The latter was the case for the first three I lost.

i lost a champion teebird in rocky mount at the sports complex a shot completely over water i guessed 330 but it was closer to 360 unmarked

I just lost the last of my fly-die era discs.

Champ Wraith that was beautifully aged. Easily was flying 30-40 further than any of my other discs. 400-450.

Lost on hole 1 from the pro box out at Greenbriar Park in Fort Worth. You know, the one off Hemphill St.

It took off down the side walk then over the water and came back to rest somewhere's near by the bridge, but it came around the back side of the trees right next to the bridge and was still 30 ft in air. Was easily going over the bridge, might be in the water right next to the bridge...in the moss and dirty syringes.

Mostly clear with centered stripes "(lll)" of black green and purple.

IF ANYONE FINDS IT, I'LL BUY IT BACK!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts