• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Long Distance Floater?

First double D's, and then talk about Crack. Wow, this just gets better and better.

Pro Boss - James Bond edition. It contains a small 1/2 oz capsule lodged under the center of the disc. Inside the capsule is a small balloon connected to a smaller capsule of frozen nitrogen. Upon triggering a remote, the nitrogen capsule bursts, releasing the nitrogen as a gas, inflating the balloon, and the disc rises to the surface. Thanks, Q.

Pro Boss - James Bond edition. It contains a small 1/2 oz capsule lodged under the center of the disc. Inside the capsule is a small balloon connected to a smaller capsule of frozen nitrogen. Upon triggering a remote, the nitrogen capsule bursts, releasing the nitrogen as a gas, inflating the balloon, and the disc rises to the surface. Thanks, Q.

I don't think that is PDGA approved.

I've only thrown a dragon, and as I learned at Luther Britt in Lumberton, NC....a floater isn't doing you much good if it's 60' from the shore.

So do you have to become part of Her Majesty's Secret Service to obtain a James Bond edition disc?

Just got my dragon in the mail over the weekend. I need to get out and give it some field testing.

I've only thrown a dragon, and as I learned at Luther Britt in Lumberton, NC....a floater isn't doing you much good if it's 60' from the shore.

Yep. I used to carry a #2 Driver and then a Dragon, but I watched both of them float out to sea!!! I now just keep an old driver in the bag that I don't care if I lose it. I find it easier to forget about a disc watching it sink, then to watch one tantalizingly bob up and down forever with no way to retrieve it.

I have the Odyessey Ultra Long Range Driver. Everyone that uses gets addicted to the disc. it's easy to control. I know the Kite is supposed to have some glide. I'm picking one up today actually...

I had to revive this thread to talk about the Quest Double D. A friend of mine got me two, both in the 170s, before I moved to Amsterdam, where the only course has alot of water. The white one floated (I watched it float away, stupid wind), the yellow does not. I actually tested them first though, apparently unlike many of you.

But more about the Double D, if you get one that does float it has to be the fastest and most overstable driver available, yeah? Do you think you could ask someone from an online store to drop it in water first to see?

And the #2 Hyzer from Lightning is sweet, it is my go-to on #3 here. But there is no way it is as fast and overstable as the Double D.

Just realized I misread the previous posts. While I am sure the #2 Driver is good, I don't think there is any way it is as fast and overstable as the Double D. No personal experience though.

Last edited:
Holly necro.

FWIW I let a floater in the toilet back when this thread started and AFAIK, it is still floating to this day and would have to have made it to the ocean by now.

Latest posts