• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Best Overstable Midranges You've Thrown

I use a Drone, and right now I'm also carrying an Aftershock as my straight to overstable disc. Aftershock is basically a micro-bead roc.

Check out a Hornet. It doesn't have a bead. A lot of glide and overstable. Like if a Wasp and a Teebird had a baby.

I have a pig in my bag and I couldn't live without it. I love to use it for anything 275' and below because I can rip it and it feels so good in my hand. My M1 that I lost was extremely dependable into headwinds. I could never get mine to flip over without putting anny on it.

I use a Champion Glow Gator as my overstable mid. I like beaded discs so obviously I like beaded Gators but you can get beadless Gators. I believe most if not all Star Gators are beadless. If you want a more workable yet still overstable mid the Shark3 is a good choice. It will still perform well in the wind but its better for line shaping than a more overstable mold.

any more input/opinions/observations, on this?

The Shark3 is more overstable than the Roc3. The flight numbers Innova gave the molds are off. McBeth said something similar to what I did in another thread. The Roc3 has a simlar flight to a Buzzz at full power but is also similar to a fresh KC Roc on shorter shots. The Shark3 is more overstable than a Wasp but not Drone overstable. The Wasp & Shark3 are more overstable than the Roc3.

Good Sentinels are pricey. Great disc though.

I would try a Verdict out. They seem very similar for a lot less.

The Shark3 is more overstable than the Roc3. The flight numbers Innova gave the molds are off. McBeth said something similar to what I did in another thread. The Roc3 has a simlar flight to a Buzzz at full power but is also similar to a fresh KC Roc on shorter shots. The Shark3 is more overstable than a Wasp but not Drone overstable. The Wasp & Shark3 are more overstable than the Roc3.

Nothing except freaking buy it. I promise you won't be disappointed. :p

i have a shark3 from a players pack in one of my extra disc storage containers

when i was trying to replace my Wasp (it was too light) and maybe downsize my bag a little (1 disc to replace both Wasp and Hornet)

i tried to search this and do the home work, but i kept getting conflicting results
its still new, and didnt want to throw it a bunch, just to find out its just a buzzz (plus at the time i was trying to dial in my saint vs. valk control drivers)

I got a Z Drone thats the most overstable, predictable midrange i've ever thrown. The thing refuses to flip over, ever.

Another vote for the Hornet - no bead, nice and OS, comes in a nice Z/ESP blend, and can be cycled nicely.

I'm biased toward team Drone, so yeah.

Why is this thread still going after someone said Roc?

Because it's far from overstable enough for people such as myself. No I don't torque FH all day.

:rolleyes:

^Trust me, I can. But there's a difference between a 10/10 Z Buzzz (similar to a 7 or 8/10 Rancho, no?) on a hyzer and throwing either a 5yo Drone slight hyzer or a freshy flat or slight anny.

I'm all for minimalization and line shaping and yadayadyada but I've already done that and can already throw a hyzer with any flippy disc - so it isn't my skill level.

Just prefer the options:)

Real truly OS mids suck. If you are a new player don't throw them.

Get a putter and slow driver. OS mids are pretty useless for what they are designed for. Os putter always easier to control and OS driver excels at headwinds, distances and power levels being way more versatile and forgiving.

Last edited:
Get a putter and slow driver. OS mids are pretty useless for what they are designed for. Os putter always easier to control and OS driver excels at headwinds, distances and power levels being way more versatile and forgiving.

I second this. I've thrown the Roc3 and Sentinel in the past, but after some putter rounds I've seen I can get a much more controlled and accurate flight from the OS putter and slow driver combo. I still carry a heavy OS mid pretty much for spike hyzers to get out of trouble, but use it rarely.

^Trust me, I can. But there's a difference between a 10/10 Z Buzzz (similar to a 7 or 8/10 Rancho, no?) on a hyzer and throwing either a 5yo Drone slight hyzer or a freshy flat or slight anny.

I'm all for minimalization and line shaping and yadayadyada but I've already done that and can already throw a hyzer with any flippy disc - so it isn't my skill level.

Just prefer the options:)

I wasn't calling out your skill lol. Just a friendly jab ;)

Latest posts