• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Best Overstable Midranges You've Thrown

I use a Champion Glow Gator as my overstable mid. I like beaded discs so obviously I like beaded Gators but you can get beadless Gators. I believe most if not all Star Gators are beadless. If you want a more workable yet still overstable mid the Shark3 is a good choice. It will still perform well in the wind but its better for line shaping than a more overstable mold.

The Shark3 is more overstable than the Roc3. The flight numbers Innova gave the molds are off. McBeth said something similar to what I did in another thread. The Roc3 has a simlar flight to a Buzzz at full power but is also similar to a fresh KC Roc on shorter shots. The Shark3 is more overstable than a Wasp but not Drone overstable. The Wasp & Shark3 are more overstable than the Roc3.

Someone was telling me they recently bought one that was not overstable at all, flew just like the numbers suggested.

Someone was telling me they recently bought one that was not overstable at all, flew just like the numbers suggested.

If you are referring to the shark3, I have heard/read both ways
That's why I asked earlier in the thread for more input on the shark3 s stability when compared to a roc3.

Of what I've used. M2, Drone, Hornet,....ive seen good use of a Suspect and M1.

I personally would go with M1, M2, Drone...hornet.

But they're all good. I love Prodigy plastic...and the drone is meaty stable at the end but can actually be turned over early in its flight. The hornet is a fast straight flyer with very reliable fade.

I used to throw a drone but it was to close to my trident and stable roc. I only throw rocs but for a while i threw a lat pain and that was money and beadless

I used the Gator for a long time, but the Suspect has become my go to OS mid. It's now my favorite disc in the bag by a long shot simply because it's been unmatched in consistency. That being said, I've got a Verdict arriving (hopefully) today. I've got high hopes for it, too.

For my bag, a fresh Buzzz can do the trick. For an OS spot I like heavy Z plastic, 10th Anny, or Glow Buzzzes. I'll also put in some more praise for the Shark3: great disc for approaches and overhand shots. An honorable mention goes to Gateway for the aptly named Karma...it will always come back around!

Latest posts