• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best players pack item

I really appreciate anything I get, they don't have to give me anything to be content. :D I like getting towels, rarely do though.

Eugene, OR had 22s of Ninkasi Mmmmm. Somehow I won the grand prize by being the last disc golfer standing at the bar.

"Sir, are you with the disc golfers?"
"Uh, yeah."
"Oh, here, these are for you" hands me a brown paper bag
I open bag to find 6 22s and a bunch of Ninkasi Swag, I guess they were supposed to be for a raffle or the ring of fire or something... :D

The Red River Rendezvous had the post round ring of fire be for some monster tuna filets. Best ring of fire ever! Gotta love events being run by rednecks who are happy to put on a good event.

Mango Classic had custom-labeled 'mango' beer in the players pack. I never drank it but still have the bottle.

Always thought it'd be a good idea for local tourney to hand out bag tags with the tourney stamp on them to see who could come out top dog on their respective cards for the day or weekend. Plus it'd be cool to have one and later randomly play someone else who has one that was there. Thought it'd be good for camaraderie among players.

Towels are a good idea and you can never have enough of them. I needed three at our New Years Day tournament with all the snow.

I love hot sauce, not sure everyone does but then again you can't please them all.

Reaching out to a distributor is a good idea, I might even have a connection there already.

I have lots of local beer connections, but I don't think we could hand out beer for players packs in parks where beer isn't allowed :(

Sisyphus, yes we did have hot pickles for ctp's at the CVO last year from Pop's Pepper Patch in Louisville. I almost forgot about that, they were tasty too :)

Not sure how a Flyboy meetup could be incorporated into a players pack item...

the best thing that i have recived from a players pack was a pint glass with the logot on it. one of them had test runs of the Banger Gt for a putting contest.

My Mini Revo Bag from 07 Worlds. That thing is freaking awesome! And I believe was the only release of the red and white color scheme.

Pint glasses with original artwork on them. And of course beer to fill them with. (After the tournament of course). At the annual chili challenge, your entry fee gets you the opportunity to sample like 20 different chili's.

Back when it was the Nutbuster Open SuperTour, I got a peanut-shaped, tiny little pocket knife in the players pack. Nubuster Open. Peanut Knife. Love it! I lost it once when the keychain loop broke...luckily a good bud found it and gave it back. It permanently resides in one the side pockets of my bag now. I came back from something like 4 or 5 strokes down in the Final 9 (MA1) to win that one. Final 9 Caddie was impressed. It might not be sharp anymore (nor my game), but DAMN I love that knife!

Best player's pack item I've gotten so far has been my glow Z Zone from DGLO last year. It's (o)Y(o)

At the Battle at Bell park last year we got Dry-fit shirts with our last name/PDGA number, A metal water bottle with tournament logo, and a Dry-fit Hat with the same logo on it, a disc and a mini. INT was only 40$ to enter. The city donated like 1500$ but said it had to be spent on players packs only

Charlotte (thanks to Kevin Tritten) had a charity tourney (with over 110 players) a month or so ago for the USO/Toys for Tots; ended up donating about $3500 to the USO and 150+ toys. Player pack was "thin"--an envelope with a $10 discount coupon to a local merchant and 2 tickets to an NBA game (granted it was Charlotte Bobcats vs Golden State)--not bad for a $15 registration. Also had huge amounts of ring-of-fire prizes.

Last edited:
we give homemade hot sauce every year at hawk hollow and it is always well received.

imo the coolest thing i ever included in a players pack was civil war bullets at the old dominion showdown one year. my brother was big into metal detecting and i got them from him.

90%of the time I sell my players packs which almost pays the tourney fees most of the time but a tournament in Hardeeville, SC gave soft coolers out at the 2010 Mosquito Madness tournament which I still use.

Personalized stool? Wow. That's pretty sweet.

I like getting cotton t-shirts that aren't white. Rarely happens, though.

Most interesting thing I got in a players pack was at my first PDGA event ever, the 2011 WTO. Got a bag of Skittles. Gobbled them all up waiting for 2-minutes. Sugar crash by the turn. Funny.

The Discraft plastic score card that allows you to keep score with a pencil, then erase and repeat for the next round.

Latest posts