• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best Sidearm disc

Nathanbr2

Birdie Member
Currently using a DX TeeRex that i found (hush, normally i try to find the owner, but the disc had 4 different numbers already on it.) and getting around 250-300' out of it

No Luck with my old DX destroyer.

Looking for another long distance sidearm disc, and don't know what to get

Oh boy Star Xcalibur. Does it every time for me. For FH Anhyzers I prefer the Wraith. Nuke is also a GREAT disc for FH.

TeeRex is a great sidearm disc! I went from that to a wraith to a Surge SS for my distance driver.
IMO the Reaper, Banshee, X-Clone, FL, and Starfire all make good sidearm discs as well.

try an ESP Pulse (i might have one for sale if your intrested) i hear they are great, the problem is, i cant forehand :D

I throw majority of my shots sidearm. I love my wraiths for sidearm considering tryin out a destroyer, Xcal or teerex

i only throw sidearm i use vikings, TLs(accuracy)wraiths,boss's and a star Destroyer i also use a starfire and a SL but i lost those or a buddy of mine did F$$$ friends that don't own there own disc

Excaliber or Force would be my choices.

Oh boy Star Xcalibur. Does it every time for me. For FH Anhyzers I prefer the Wraith. Nuke is also a GREAT disc for FH.

I've thrown a 175g Star Xcaliber FH since they came out. I've always loved them till about a week ago when I tried out a Destroyer again. It flies the exact same lines with 3/4 power as my Xcal did on a full rip...and it was way more accurate for it.

To the OP: A Teerex can be a good FH disc. The problem is there are several different molds that some people prefer compared to the others. If you feel like the Teerex is fading too hard too early, try a Destroyer. If you feel like its flipping too much, stick with the Teerex until you get your form ironed out. The Xcaliber, while it is great for some deep distance, always fades extremely hard. That's the reason it actually got throw only once a day or so unless it was in the field.

EDIT: I re-thought my advice. The Teerex and the Destroyer would probably be fairly comparable for FH. I'm a little fuzzy because its been over a year since I last held a Teerex.

I use a beat to crap star teerex that I found in the bottom of the lake (without a name). I am not FH dominant or even very good FH but it gets the job done if I need to throw that way.

I have a bunch that i've tried forehand.
boss (R-pro, star)
destroyer (dx, star)
teerex (dx, star)
tbird (star)
wraith (star)

the bosses and destroyers go 300-330 feet for me but have to be thrown just right. If thrown wrong, they go 200 and hard right/spud.

Lately been throwing fh's with an opto striker @ 275-300 consistently, it seems less touchy than anything I've tried b4.

Star Destroyer
Z Force
Star Boss
KC Pro Whippit
Star Wraith
ESP Nuke
Star/Champ Monster
Z Avenger

Stay away from anything stable or understable.

I have trouble finding something in search starting new thread is easier and get fresher opinions. I love z flick ESP force and looking for one more. I throw most rhbh.

Snarf!

Wraith, destroyer good. Some people say to stay away from understable but I dissagree. I've been throwing primarily forehand for almost ten years and have a great deal of success with Sidewinders, Valkyries, and Beasts. They all have their uses Sidewinder is great for long anny with some glide and a predictable fade at the end. Beat in Valk and Beast are good for a nice hyzer flip for maximum D when you have room to work or great down wind drivers. Eagle or teebird rule for controlled tunnel shots(not max D though) be it straight anny or hyzer. I'm not saying to stay away from overstable discs. I love my Wraith and Destroyer. Also try a Banshee, Firebird and Monster. Banshee is like an overstable Eagle, very predictable straight to hyzer disc. Firebird is another nice predictable overstable disc. Monster is nice when you absolutely must fade hard at the end. Throw anny angle and it will glide straight for a little then fade hard similar to teerex but not as much D.

crush is my favorite, cant believe it never gets its due
<--- slightly exagerating

Star Destroyer
Z Force
Star Boss
KC Pro Whippit
Star Wraith
ESP Nuke
Star/Champ Monster
Z Avenger

Stay away from anything stable or understable.

I disagree. Go into a field and throw your whole bag forehand. You will see what works for you. Plus, you will determine what works for shorter "get outta trees/trouble" forehands. I have thrown newer sidewinders and valks a long way FH.

I started throwing side arm a few years back and I learned with a firebird.. to this day its my go to sidearm disc.. I've also thrown destroyers monsters grooves orcs sidewinders valks pretty much anything you can think of.. and honestly.. I don't really care for the xcal sidearm but thats just me

Latest posts