• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Best Teebird?

I've heard the striker is a faster teebird, which I do NOT want. Is the river comparable in terms of stability and speed to the teebird? Because I do love lat64 plastic

I've heard of Rivers being all over the place in stability. Lighter GL's being super Leopards & I've had a couple 170ish OL's that were Teebirdish

So if I were to get a 170-175 opto River, does dgcr think it will be more stable than my leopard? I'm really liking the idea of introducing lat64 to my bag now

So if I were to get a 170-175 opto River, does dgcr think it will be more stable than my leopard? I'm really liking the idea of introducing lat64 to my bag now

what plastic is the leopard in? I think a new champion leopard has about the same stability as an opto river, but the river is faster.

It's a 154 champion leopard. I don't throw it very hard because I use it on short, straight drives, so it doesn't turn over much for me. I guess I may have to stick with the teebird. Maybe I can work out a merger with innova and lat64 and get an opto teebird made =D

I have two 12x Champ TB's that I really like. I bought a 161g DX TB a month or two ago, and it turned into a silly understable mess in no time. I know some of it is my form probably. I never hit a tree with it, but it did have a couple rough landings onto a paved walking/biking park road and roughed up a portion of one section on it's edge pretty good. I wouldn't have thought it enough to change it so dramatically fast though. I want to work on rollers with this one maybe.

Next time at PIA, I am gonna look for a heavier DX.

Yeah, beat DX Teebirds don't take kindly to even a bit too much OAT. They tend to turn and not come back.

Before it got broken in/roughed up, I really liked it, effortlessly straight, with just a touch of fade at the end. My form is getting a little bit better too. I think it's just a combination of everything, light weight, beating in, and form.

Maybe it's a disc I need to keep working on to get my form even better?

Before it got broken in/roughed up, I really liked it, effortlessly straight, with just a touch of fade at the end. My form is getting a little bit better too. I think it's just a combination of everything, light weight, beating in, and form.

Maybe it's a disc I need to keep working on to get my form even better?

You got it NEW like that? That sounds like mine when broken in and mine is getting pretty beat now but you still have to force it over. I do throw almost everything with a good degree of hyzer though.

I have heard/seen good things outa the DX tbird.. But I would suggest the GL or OL River!!!!

Not even close to the same disc. I'd say it's more like a broken in Eagle-L to me- shapeable big S-lines with killer glide. And that's from a brand new 178 OL River...

Last edited:
i have a 168 star teebird that i have been throwing for at least a year now. i had a hard time throwing it at first due to how stable it was, but now it's pretty much my go to driver. i am 100% confident it will get me 325' - 350' every time i throw it. i also have a 167 CE teebird that flies perfectly, and a few first run pros that also love to glide. i did look into the dx plastic because people were saying good things about it, and they are true. just put it out flat and $$.

You got it NEW like that? That sounds like mine when broken in and mine is getting pretty beat now but you still have to force it over. I do throw almost everything with a good degree of hyzer though.

Yeah, the DX TB I'm talking about was pretty dary straight right from the get go with me. I threw it flat or with a slight hyzer, and really liked it. Then almost isntantly, after it got a little rought up it's really understable for me now. Could be all on me IDK, but the 12x's still fly they way I want them to so again IDK.

Not even close to the same disc. I'd say it's more like a broken in Eagle-L to me- shapeable big S-lines with killer glide. And that's from a brand new 178 OL River...

Hmmm.. good observation there. I was never a huge fan of teebirds, the ones I had were moderately broken in so they flew like Eagles to me... thus, I dropped the T's for the E's.

But yea, I would agree that a river is close to an eagle.

Latest posts