• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best unsponsored players

Glad to hear the changes helped. Did your bag change any when you were able to throw non-Discraft discs?

Before Discraft, I was throwing exclusively Innova in my bag, and I won Worlds with all Innova. But when I was offered to be put on Team D, I had to switch all my bag. It was very challenging to switch all my discs at once as I wasn't familiar with them. After I left Discraft, I went to about 50/50 as I did end up thoroughly enjoying most of what Discraft had/has to offer.

damm dog that was sick

Seemed like Cale made the more clutch shots. The other guy got lucky through some trees a few times and missed the first short putt. Anyways...thought I saw Holly there at 5:03:00ish in the gallery.

Before Discraft, I was throwing exclusively Innova in my bag, and I won Worlds with all Innova. But when I was offered to be put on Team D, I had to switch all my bag. It was very challenging to switch all my discs at once as I wasn't familiar with them. After I left Discraft, I went to about 50/50 as I did end up thoroughly enjoying most of what Discraft had/has to offer.

What Discraft did you keep bagged?

Seemed like Cale made the more clutch shots. The other guy got lucky through some trees a few times and missed the first short putt. Anyways...thought I saw Holly there at 5:03:00ish in the gallery.

On the Second hole, they both missed relatively easy putts for pro to make, Cale didn't even hit metal! lol.

Warren got lucky through some trees once at the end there, if the tree would have knocked him down though, Cales shot was still so bad that he wouldnt have had a chance at a 2 to win it, so they would have moved on to another hole..

The other times Warren hit the small gap/lane perfectly through the center, literally the only viable line for a lefty on the holes, hardly luck.. Keith Warren made some amazing shots consistently with a huge gallery larger than some NTs i have seen.

Last edited:
What Discraft did you keep bagged?

Z Buzzz
Z Predator
ESP Crank
ESP Meteor
Threw a Stratus for awhile
Z Force

However, over the course of this season most of those discs have slowly been filtered out. Mostly because I would have to buy new ones, and I'm not to keen on buying plastic online.

To answer your question, at the end of last year I became such a mental case. I wasn't coping well with the extra pressure that going pro and being sponsored consisted of. I decided in October to temporarily leave disc golf and with that I decided not to re-up with Team D for the following year. I think in the end, it was best for me. During my break, I was able to relax from the constant tournament play and read some pretty good books about mental games that not only helped out my golf game, but overall mentality. When I returned to playing in March (ish), I was able to keep my composure on the course and I started to enjoy the game again. As for sponsorships, I'm currently sponsored by Hyzerflip Disc Golf Apparel and Fly Line Disc Store.

:thmbup: ... exactly what I had heard, but glad I let you say it :)

happy to see you playing quite well indeed

Austin, you mentioned you read some books that helped you with your mental game. What were they?

Austin, you mentioned you read some books that helped you with your mental game. What were they?

The one that I think everyone should read is "Golf Is Not A Game Of Perfect" by Bob Rotella. It's a great read that focuses on the mental game by giving examples of how each tip worked for so and so PGA tour golfer.

I have several answers for this. After I moved to WI, I met some very talented Pro level players, such as, Keith Warren and Scotty Burtard. We have a good share of junior talent in WI as well, one very impressive junior is Aaron DeVries. In TN, where I'm from, I've seen some very amazing talent such as, Logan Bowers and Barrett Johnson from AL. Although I think Barrett recently got sponsored?

Latest posts