• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Beyond Disc Golf

As much as I enjoyed the first episode, the second and third episodes both topped that one. The Lake Tahoe course that was featured has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I would love to go there and play. This third episode that I just got through watching featured what looked to be a very challenging course and the story of Martin, to me, has been the highlight of the whole series so far. Jomezpro is doing an excellent job in creating this show to learn about the different places and people involved in a game we all love. They also could not have found a better host than Simon Lizotte. So if you are reading this Martin, I wish nothing but success for you and your mini disc business. I would love to buy some from you if you have a website to visit.

Truly thought this was the best episode.

Awesome course. Love how Simon dug into Dewg's personal DG journey, from logging tons of courses, to designing Bald Eagle at Camp Pepin, meeting Kilgore to notch their 999 and 1000th courses together, making minis, and eventually Treasures of the Forrest.
Nice shout out to DGCR.

When Paul said Matt's looking all over the course for bits he can turn into art, I can just picture it.

One would certainly think so.
I hope Matt's gonna be busy for quite a while.

Couldn't agree more. After I watched I quickly went to Martin's profile to see if he has played my homecourse. He had played there some years ago. Playing that many courses is impressive.

After I watched I quickly went to Martin's profile to see if he has played my homecourse.

Wait! Whut? He went to the trouble of driving from Highland Hills and Rolling Pines in Wilkesboro to Rockness Monster and Sasquatch in Roxboro, NC and didn't hit any of the Triangle or Triad courses along the way? :confused::doh::doh::doh::thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

SHAME ON YOU, MARTIN!!! TURN IN YOUR COURSE BAGGER'S CARD IMMEDIATELY!!!!! :p

PS - Hit me up the next time you're in the area and I'll be happy to chauffer you around. :thmbup:

Wait! Whut? He went to the trouble of driving from Highland Hills and Rolling Pines in Wilkesboro to Rockness Monster and Sasquatch in Roxboro, NC and didn't hit any of the Triangle or Triad courses along the way? :confused::doh::doh::doh::thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

SHAME ON YOU, MARTIN!!! TURN IN YOUR COURSE BAGGER'S CARD IMMEDIATELY!!!!! :p

PS - Hit me up the next time you're in the area and I'll be happy to chauffer you around. :thmbup:

I mean, I did play yadkinville, and black widow and ramcat..

Congrats on selling out of minis! I'll be checking out your site to see what shows up next.

But I have to ask....Matt Sime in real life, Martin Dewgarita on DGCR? And your avatar photo....is that Forest?

Martin Dewgarita is a nick name I gave myself when I was living on top of a parking garage in new Orleans. Mountain dew margaritas.. I traveled the country for 3 years by that name. When I signed up for the PDGA I decided to go by my real name.

That picture is Aspen. When a Forest burns down, often times the first tree to grow back is the Aspen.

Interesting to note that picture was taken at the course mentioned above^ Rockness monster.

Martin Dewgarita is a nick name I gave myself when I was living on top of a parking garage in new Orleans. Mountain dew margaritas.. I traveled the country for 3 years by that name. When I signed up for the PDGA I decided to go by my real name.

That picture is Aspen. When a Forest burns down, often times the first tree to grow back is the Aspen.

Interesting to note that picture was taken at the course mentioned above^ Rockness monster.

Cool story on the nickname. Thanks for responding. Sorry about Forest....I know what it is like to have to say goodbye to a pet (my German Shepard "Greta" passed in '82 and I still miss her); but I'm sure the two of you had many good times together. Aspen is a beautiful looking pup.

I hope you have some backstock on your minis Martin, because I think your gonna have a bunch of orders coming in. :thmbup:

Good episode, definitely not what I had expected from Wisconsin.

Edit: I would be interested to know what the other scripted part was, he seemed pretty relaxed.

Well. I didn't completely sell out, but the website was doing strange things that even the IT guy couldn't figure out. I guess the platform isn't really meant to handle an explosion like that. I had about 100 minis listed, I still have 24 of them left (they will go back up soonish) so I sold 76 minis, but I had 126 sales, and many of them were for multiples.. so it's kind of a mess that I am sorting through. I have to apologize that many people won't get the exact mini they purchased, but I will work with you to find or make one that you might like even better - especially if you purchased the wasp nest, I sold that one mini at least a dozen times.

The scripted part didn't feel nearly as forced in the video as it did in person. Near the end of the round we remembered that we needed to pick up some wood, I pointed out a couple pieces that would work and Simon was like "Oh yeah, we need to find some wood to make minis, oh look, here's some wood, do you think this will work?" lol

Well. I didn't completely sell out, but the website was doing strange things that even the IT guy couldn't figure out. I guess the platform isn't really meant to handle an explosion like that. I had about 100 minis listed, I still have 24 of them left (they will go back up soonish) so I sold 76 minis, but I had 126 sales, and many of them were for multiples.. so it's kind of a mess that I am sorting through. I have to apologize that many people won't get the exact mini they purchased, but I will work with you to find or make one that you might like even better - especially if you purchased the wasp nest, I sold that one mini at least a dozen times.

The scripted part didn't feel nearly as forced in the video as it did in person. Near the end of the round we remembered that we needed to pick up some wood, I pointed out a couple pieces that would work and Simon was like "Oh yeah, we need to find some wood to make minis, oh look, here's some wood, do you think this will work?" lol

Great episode so far. I've been meaning to ask you if Pathway of the Gods is open for DGCR members such as myself to check out one day because yea, that course looks like the most epic course ever designed.

Great episode so far. I've been meaning to ask you if Pathway of the Gods is open for DGCR members such as myself to check out one day because yea, that course looks like the most epic course ever designed.

Absolutely. As the episode portrays I am the *only* way to get access to the course. And it's one of my favorite things ☺️ showing people around and seeing their reaction

Absolutely. As the episode portrays I am the *only* way to get access to the course. And it's one of my favorite things ☺️ showing people around and seeing their reaction

:thmbup: Well then, perhaps this summer I will pencil in some time to make my way out to Stockholm once I get some proper footwear. I played Mont Du Lac wearing a pair of Vans skate shoes and my feet felt like they were going to fall off afterwards.

This is insane. Lol - I knew it would be, but I had no way to know, like the actual emotions and stresses and wow!

From humble course bagger to a titan of industry....

Can I come stay on your couch for about a week and play your courses this summer?

Martin/Matt, I just saw your episode with Simon. I hadn't read this thread until now, so I kept thinking "that guy reminds me of Martin Dewgarita on DGCR" while I was watching it. Then when you mentioned the site, I knew it had to be you. Congrats on being featured for this course and for your artistic minis. I missed an opportunity to play with you when you swung through TX years ago, but I've followed your journey from afar on the forums. Keep up the good work and may this video be a boon to your sales.

Latest posts