• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Money Skins

Sad part is, this could have been something that generated a lot of positive chatter. Doesn't look things turned out that way.

Gotta say, hugely disc-appointed. Was really looking forward to viewing this event, after all the hype from the season-long GK Pro Skins matches. Then yesterday, nothing showing up on GK Pro's YouTube. Hopefully this means they will still put out a post-production video of the event (and so far, no mention has been made as to whether or not that will happen, that I've seen). Glad I didn't give this priority over playing a round with friends at Toboggan.

Gotta say, hugely disc-appointed. Was really looking forward to viewing this event, after all the hype from the season-long GK Pro Skins matches. Then yesterday, nothing showing up on GK Pro's YouTube. Hopefully this means they will still put out a post-production video of the event (and so far, no mention has been made as to whether or not that will happen, that I've seen). Glad I didn't give this priority over playing a round with friends at Toboggan.

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I saw a comment from GK Pros official account that they will be posting post production for free on Youtube.

This was posted earlier for those who missed it

attachment.php

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain I saw a comment from GK Pros official account that they will be posting post production for free on Youtube.

I watched Terry Miller's vlog on Saturday night. He said after the debacle and subsequent firing of the production crew on Saturday that GK Pro would be filming the final round on Sunday for a post produced release in the next week or two.

This was posted earlier for those who missed it

attachment.php

that was before the event and the complete failure of the production company.

Apparently everyone that paid to watch will receive a refund. It may be that only the people that paid originally get to watch it, but functionally it will be free. If it's free, they might as well share it with everyone, but we don't know what they will do.

Seems it generated plenty of 'chatter'. We'll find out if there's 'no such thing as bad publicity' with regard to disc golf haha
Disc golf is the home of Grip bags, which still holds the record for "most devastatingly awful company rollout" and yet now is one of the most respected product names in disc golf. Disc golfers have always been very forgiving of failure if you get it together and deliver down the line. Eagles Crossing with get another shot whenever they decide to take another shot.

Disc golf is the home of Grip bags, which still holds the record for "most devastatingly awful company rollout" and yet now is one of the most respected product names in disc golf.

I'd give that distinction to Prodigy, but I'm one that's very turned off by hype :|

I guess I don't remember much about Grip's launch other than seeing the Jenkins sibs and Nate hawking them at Am World's in 2010.

I'd give that distinction to Prodigy, but I'm one that's very turned off by hype :|

I guess I don't remember much about Grip's launch other than seeing the Jenkins sibs and Nate hawking them at Am World's in 2010.
Everyone I knew who preordered the initial launch had written off ever getting a bag by the time the bags appeared. The company announced a delay and then went radio silent, so no one knew what was going on during the extensive delay. Once people got the bags at least some of them had to be replaced due to a defect. It was a total disaster, but to the credit of the people involved they kept trying to make everything right. In the end people got bags and the company rolled along like nothing happened.

It was kinda funny, a friend of mine had to have his bag replaced and just shrugged. "I didn't think I was ever going to get this bag so I already bought a different one. I'm covered, I can wait for a replacement bag". Eventually he got his Grip bag, used it and recommended it to others like nothing happened.

I've seen a FB post (we know how reliable that is) that the Big Money Skins will be on GK's Pay YouTube Channel.

If I can refind the post/information, I'll follow-up.

Disclaimer: I found this on someone's FB post.....and I haven't seen it anywhere else.

I don't know if "join the channel membership", means you have to go to GK Pro's site and pay to see it or if you can see it on the 'free' side...but if you can view it for free....why would you need to join the channel membership?

Attachments

• BigMoneySkins.jpg
    BigMoneySkins.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 44
Disclaimer: I found this on someone's FB post.....and I haven't seen it anywhere else.

I don't know if "join the channel membership", means you have to go to GK Pro's site and pay to see it or if you can see it on the 'free' side...but if you can view it for free....why would you need to join the channel membership?

This is what I received in email. I assumed they refunded my $15, expecting me to re-spend it on GK's pro channel if I wanted to watch Sunday's coverage on GK YouTube. The Saturday coverage is the free coverage.

I didn't.

Attachments

• CCF0E40F-AC54-4C87-9900-7B800EC39A34.jpeg
    CCF0E40F-AC54-4C87-9900-7B800EC39A34.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 47
Actually, the reviews are very strong, like top 3 strong and aren't they installing a second course on site ?

I didn't see a response to this in the thread. When I played EC last month, the folks in the shop said they plan to start on a second course once they're done with the first one (fine tuning details like the landscaping around teepads, signage, etc.). Sounds like the design of the second course is already planned out, and will utilize more of the woods and creeks on site. They said they are going for a "yin-yang" vibe with the courses, where the second course will not be a grand looking.

They were talking about wanting a DGPT event as recently as a month ago when we asked about it. They sounded confident that they would get it (obviously not next year). One notable aspect is the owner doesn't want advertising on the course itself, as he wants the course "to be purely for the disc golfers". They sounded confident that the Pro Tour would agree. Came off a little arrogant, personally - I don't think the Pro Tour or the PDGA needs Eagles Crossing like the folks in the shop were making it sound, but time will tell. A second course theoretically would give them two courses for worlds if they put future bids in. As others have pointed out though, this course is not particularly close to amenities like hotels, being about 20 minutes from Warrenton and 25 minutes from Troy, neither of which are particularly big or robust in hotel room options.

I didn't see a response to this in the thread. When I played EC last month, the folks in the shop said they plan to start on a second course once they're done with the first one (fine tuning details like the landscaping around teepads, signage, etc.). Sounds like the design of the second course is already planned out, and will utilize more of the woods and creeks on site. They said they are going for a "yin-yang" vibe with the courses, where the second course will not be a grand looking.

They were talking about wanting a DGPT event as recently as a month ago when we asked about it. They sounded confident that they would get it (obviously not next year). One notable aspect is the owner doesn't want advertising on the course itself, as he wants the course "to be purely for the disc golfers". They sounded confident that the Pro Tour would agree. Came off a little arrogant, personally - I don't think the Pro Tour or the PDGA needs Eagles Crossing like the folks in the shop were making it sound, but time will tell. A second course theoretically would give them two courses for worlds if they put future bids in. As others have pointed out though, this course is not particularly close to amenities like hotels, being about 20 minutes from Warrenton and 25 minutes from Troy, neither of which are particularly big or robust in hotel room options.

I believe the Greek term is "hubris."

WTH, did every spectator sign a NDA about this? That the results are still semi-shrouded in mystery is bizarre. We think Heimburg won based on a since deleted Twitter post or something?

Or, given reports of those who watched actual footage when available, there were no spectators?

Sheeeyit show, given all the hype and teasers. For shame.

WTH, did every spectator sign a NDA about this? That the results are still semi-shrouded in mystery is bizarre. We think Heimburg won based on a since deleted Twitter post or something?

Or, given reports of those who watched actual footage when available, there were no spectators?

Sheeeyit show, given all the hype and teasers. For shame.

Word on the street is that no spectators have been seen since the event ended, and all staff at Eagle's Crossing have been kept in lockdown on site. There's a $100K ransom to let the survivors go so they can pay out the competitors and avoid any bad PR.

Not sure what's going on, but bigmoneyskins.com will still let you go on there and purchase spectator tickets. Very odd situation.

Being that I'm a "I found out Climo won Worlds again six weeks after the event when Disc Golf World News finally showed up in my mailbox" generation of disc golfer, the angst I'm seeing over not having results from a round that presumably still has golfers on the course is kinda entertaining.

Sexton had great comment once about how he got that years Worlds VHS for CHRISTMAS, and then watching it and wondering who was gonna win.

Latest posts