• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Disc Golf Pet Peeve

Cheaters. Oh how I abhor cheaters. I have the misfortune of playing with a guy who will , at least once a round, get a legitimate 5,6, or 7 on a hole and then when the scorecard is called he'll say 4. I could understand it happening once by mistake, but doing it consistently is garbage. A grown man needs to lie about his score to get ahead. It's a crying shame. :thmbdown:

Aside from that, just people in general, especially dog walkers and children. I hate it when you have a nice 400 foot drive, and then some kid picks it up and walks away to start playing with it. Then when you ask them to drop it, they just stare at you like you just stepped off of a UFO and keep holding it. :wall::wall::wall:

Anyone that throws a tantrum when they make a bad throw. I can get upset at myself often I don't let it show because I don't want to ruin anyone else's experience on the course.

the misconception that tight wooded courses with virtually no real fairways are 'championship' or 'high level'

I played one of those this weekend. It makes it worse when the teepads really suck. The pads were rubber mats, which is fine as long as they are flat, level, and 8 ft. long. These were rutted, out of level, and short. You can kind of deal with it for short shots, but 400-500 ft. holes you are risking injury on pads like that.

People walking in the park who have to yell into their cell phone for some reason. While playing the other day I could hear this guy like 200 yards away talking on his phone.

Cheaters. Oh how I abhor cheaters. I have the misfortune of playing with a guy who will , at least once a round, get a legitimate 5,6, or 7 on a hole and then when the scorecard is called he'll say 4. I could understand it happening once by mistake, but doing it consistently is garbage. A grown man needs to lie about his score to get ahead. It's a crying shame. :thmbdown:

Aside from that, just people in general, especially dog walkers and children. I hate it when you have a nice 400 foot drive, and then some kid picks it up and walks away to start playing with it. Then when you ask them to drop it, they just stare at you like you just stepped off of a UFO and keep holding it. :wall::wall::wall:

What ever you do...Do not take up 3-D Archery and go to any shoots. Cheaters seem to love Archery for some reason especially when you get a bunch of buds in the same group and apparently out-shoot the Pros that show up. Especially when you see them blank a shot warming up at like 20 yards :doh:!

People walking in the park who have to yell into their cell phone for some reason. While playing the other day I could hear this guy like 200 yards away talking on his phone.

You will find a lot of people seem to not have any "home training" around here at times :thmbdown:.

Most disc golfers are very friendly and helpful....but since you asked.

1. Litter- Pick up your crap and yes, that includes your cigarette filters. I guess since it was just the 4th of July I support your freedom to kill yourself...but not your freedom to make life worse for the rest of us.

2. Drinking- I guess I understand your right to not be able to spend an afternoon without drinking at your local park and even to the point of excess....but please don't offer a beer to my 15 y/o son or ask him if he can spare one (actually had one of each happen).

Other than that and even including that I have very few gripes.

Despite my aggressive temprement, I generally have the most fun when I'm powerlifting or disc golfing. Two disparate activities, I must admit, but it's my thing. Part of that is that I enjoy competition. As such, I enjoy tournaments.

But my pet peeve is that dude who just brings down everyone. You all know the guy: he has a less than perfect shot first thing, and he blows up. Not cursing or throwing his bag or anything (I'm not averse to throwing out courtesy violations for the big stuff). But the guy who just acts like he's not having any fun. If you aren't going to have fun, then why even play?

People that dress like bums when they play. This is a sport and we are all ambassadors to it. Wind breaker outfits and cut off tees with giant hiking boots.. Yeah, that's gonna get us taken seriously. :sick: This is a reason why its looked at as a silly hobby or counter culture.

Mid level players that look down on any player getting started. The reason the sport is full of "casuals" is probably because there is so much elitism in the game. Heaven forbid a new group of players come out on a league night because then all we get to hear is how the casual nOOb hyzers is slowing up the course for the locals.

People hocking discs on the cheap. Used, fine. But why is someone selling TONS of new plastic just to make a buck a disc? Manufactures really need to get this under control.

But my pet peeve is that dude who just brings down everyone. You all know the guy: he has a less than perfect shot first thing, and he blows up. Not cursing or throwing his bag or anything (I'm not averse to throwing out courtesy violations for the big stuff). But the guy who just acts like he's not having any fun. If you aren't going to have fun, then why even play?

:D I am that guy a lot of times. At least at PDGA events. I can't help it. I don't have a poker face. If I'm not playing to my potential, then I get into a funk and nobody can bring me out of it. I'm very competitive and when I make constant mistakes at a PDGA tournament that I NEVER make when I'm practicing on my own then I tend to be that guy that doesn't want to talk to anyone or smile. I don't ever want to bring anyone down in my group. I just wear my emotions on my sleeve. Always have and always will.

-children. Breeding is child abuse. to accidentally impregnate a woman is one thing. to intentionally breed is at the same time ignorant, selfish, and futile.

Last edited:
Anyone that throws a tantrum when they make a bad throw. I can get upset at myself often I don't let it show because I don't want to ruin anyone else's experience on the course.

i do but in a joking way to help cope. but i swear more than anyone i know in the first place. also play in college towns where the screaming is almost certain

Latest posts