• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Biggest Disc Golf Pet Peeve

Leash your dog all the time, every time. I don't care how good you think your dog is, leash it. There are special parks for letting your dog run free (at least down here). Dogs have been recently allowed in parks and at beaches down here, but loose dogs and dog poop all over the place could invite them to ban them again.

No problem that your dog likes to chase discs and retrieve them......

Are you even serious?!?

DB #1 says, "Hey, lets take the dog who likes to chase discs and retrieve them to a place a bunch of random people go to throw discs."
DB #2 says, "Sounds like a great idea!"

I don't like dogs running loose either unless they're behaved, don't sit on the tee pad or bite my discs.
I saw a group the other day that had a dog and no leash. Their dog found every disc in the rough and never bit into any of them. I'm fine with that.

Are you even serious?!?

DB #1 says, "Hey, lets take the dog who likes to chase discs and retrieve them to a place a bunch of random people go to throw discs."

:hfive: SCOREBOARD!!

Baggers. I hate when someone wins a division and their score would have also won the division (or even two) above.

Selfrighteous Intolerance. People who get all worked up about someone elses indiscression or actions but get hyper defensive if someone calls them out on something.

Can anyone honestly say that they haven't been guilty of at a least one of these pet-peeves - dress code, bad mood, being pushy, playing too slow, violation of some rule.

Can anyone honestly say that they haven't been guilty of at a least one of these pet-peeves - dress code, bad mood, being pushy, playing too slow, violation of some rule.

Heck, I'm keeping a scorecard of how many I've managed.

Dogs off leash on the course is so, so inconsiderate....
Groups larger than 4 people is also pretty annoying...

eightsomes

players that do not know how to behave around kids

I need to change my behavior around YOUR kids? I was under the impression the children were the responsibility of parents. If there is potential for inappropriate behavior, which you do not want your children exposed to, I would think you would avoid such a situation. If you do not want your child to be exposed to drug use, loud music and noodle dancing, I suggest you avoid Dead shows...

*thrembo googles "noodle dancing".

Are you even serious?!?

I dont appreciate you throwing your discs near my dog when you know dogs like chasing things, so rude. :p

My 120 lb Rottweiler and 6 lb mini fox terrier are both great, obedient dogs.

Even with our first 2 month old in the house. Awesome pups.

I would never let them off leash in public. Not just on my accord...

Also due to the fact that it keeps the general pop calm.

I need to change my behavior around YOUR kids? I was under the impression the children were the responsibility of parents. If there is potential for inappropriate behavior, which you do not want your children exposed to, I would think you would avoid such a situation. If you do not want your child to be exposed to drug use, loud music and noodle dancing, I suggest you avoid Dead shows...

Fair point, but a public disc golf course also isn't a Grateful Dead concert, either. Some semblance of decorum is advised, if not for the kids than at least to prevent the course being pulled.

I dont appreciate you throwing your discs near my dog when you know dogs like chasing things, so rude. :p

I know, wtf right?!?

A local course has a tee box at the corner of the dog park. I've actually never seen a dog in the fenced dog park though, only out on the course.

Listening to Bangz on the course is probably someone's pet peeve. It should probably be made mandatory. Bangz is putting hiphop on his back and taking it to new levels.

If your pet peeve could have anything to do with Bangz, i'm not really sure where you stand in life.

:|

So you're saying a father shouldn't be able to bring his kids to the public park to play the course, because they might see chuckers who are drinking, smoking a bowl, and cursing their way up and down the course? That's ridiculous! I've worked as a ski instructor for a number of years and on far too many occasions have shared lift rides with other skiers/riders who've had completely inappropriate conversations, smoked/drank, or blasted loud and obscene music through their headphones right in front of my students. Being in uniform, I always tell them to cool it when I think they've crossed the line, but the fact that people can get on a chairlift/gondola with a 7 or 8 year old kid and their ski instructor and not even think about altering their behavior for that short bit of time just boggles my mind. Same goes for the disc golf course. You see a kid out there playing, just cool it. Put your butt out, watch your mouth, and just be a kind an courteous person to the family... it's really not that hard.

As for the whole dog thing... I haven't had too many issues on the DG course, but I have unfortunately see it all too many times while hiking. First, you have people bring their dogs on hikes that are too strenuous for the dogs ability... not so much a problem for the DG course usually but can be on longer/hillier courses. Then, you have the dogs interactions with other people/animals... and this CAN be a problem. Ask any dog owner, and unless it's a rescue (they usually recognize their dogs limits), they all say their dog is perfect around other people or animals, but you know they are full of ****. I've actually thanked people for using a leash while hiking before and they told me they only put the leash on because the dog ran way chasing after a moose. Seriously people? But I thought your dog was perfect and you always had it under voice control! So yea, I'm always skeptical when I see dogs off leash. Most of the time it's not an issue, but I've seen too many people who don't in fact have their dog under voice control to really trust anyone.

Yup. When you chose to have kids, your life changed, not mine.

That being said I try to be polite around kids, but that's just me.