• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

birdie beads

This is just another direct link to the 60's Drug Culture. Can't we just get away from that stereotype?

"Love Beads" perhaps? Or the beaded fringe we saw on fashions back then? Or the beaded leather strips sometimes sold as "bracelets"? I'm out of guesses, must be gettin' old.

kinda funny thread...where are you playing you lose count of how many birdies you get?...there is always that one guy that "adds wrong"..scorecards are easier and more helpful..you can actually write in things about how you played the hole last time, how many times you putted on each hole, etc...

"Love Beads" perhaps? Or the beaded fringe we saw on fashions back then? Or the beaded leather strips sometimes sold as "bracelets"? I'm out of guesses, must be gettin' old.

This is more along the lines I was thinking. Dennis Hoppers jacket had lots of leather strings hanging off it. Now if you could bead each and every one then you are set up with a full year scorecard:p.
RIDER151207_468x516.jpg

I saw the beads and fully intended to make fun of them...but now I kind of wish I had a set:eek:

Im not so sure this is something I would go for or not. I have no reason not to I guess? Now im confused about what I was going to say.

^^ Told you thats what I was going to say. Looked at it and first thought was, "Wow thats retarded, who needs Birdie beads?"

Before I could type that however I started thinking "Those might look decent hanging from the bag and could be an easy way to keep score when I dont feel like messing with writing it down"

Sounds like something you would attach to your pull cart!

LOL - I'm with sidewinding - crum, i'd be spending more time sliding beads back and forth than throwing discs.. pencil & paper always seemed to work just fine for me!

I have a set of beads (just one set of 18). I don't like keeping up with pencil and paper when I am playing. The beads just clip to your bag. I hate using brain power to keep my score, I need 100% focus on throwing, not remembering a number. To use them is very simiple, if you par the hole you don't do anything, +1 slide one way, -1 slide the other, etc.

(I did shoot a +19 the other day in the bad weather and ran out)

These "beads" look like craft-beads stranded on bootlaces, connected to a key chain link.

that's a good idea, however us math nerds like to keep track of our average scores on each hole, so I like my notecard where I only write down scores that aren't three as well as their hole numbers. If I'm really feeling lazy, I write down 1.....2....4....5....6 and under that I write down the hole I got that number at. That way you don't have to dig the score card out if you get a 3.

Latest posts