• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Black/Purple Ace

So I was playing last weekend, and on one hole there is a garbage can oddly placed next to a tree on the left side of the fairway....I throw a nice shot, a little right, it nicks a branch, turns left and goes straight in the trash can! Unfortunately, my disc did smell like beer after that:)
Now, I understand that this is definitely not an ace...but there should be some kind of name for it.
I thought trash can ace or something like that, but I'm sure we can come up with something better...

did this too this week, high five trash can ace bro :hfive:

So I was playing last weekend, and on one hole there is a garbage can oddly placed next to a tree on the left side of the fairway....I throw a nice shot, a little right, it nicks a branch, turns left and goes straight in the trash can! Unfortunately, my disc did smell like beer after that:)
Now, I understand that this is definitely not an ace...but there should be some kind of name for it.
I thought trash can ace or something like that, but I'm sure we can come up with something better...

That's funny, cause at Bear Creek Park on hole #11, there is a can I've almost made it in numberous times, and we call it a trash can ace

I threw a shot from one tee pad to a different holes basket. It went in. Not exactly a real ace to me, not a black ace cause I was aiming for it. What would you call it?

someone told me during a round today that the black ace brings a curse

Totally true! It's like that one story they made us read in high school about that shriveled monkey paw that's cursed. At first you're like, "cool," and then after a bit you're like, "Oh, this sucks." :| But by that point it's too late and you're doomed to a life of mediocrity and sandy shoes. :|

A grey ace is when you ace the wrong basket (usually the short pin) on the hole you are playing on courses like Warwick that have two baskets on each hole. A purple ace might be when you throw it in after reteeing like the guy who threw in a circle 3 on hole 1 of the West course at the Hambrick last weekend. Perhaps purple for embarrassment?

A grey ace is when you ace the wrong basket (usually the short pin) on the hole you are playing on courses like Warwick that have two baskets on each hole. A purple ace might be when you throw it in after reteeing like the guy who threw in a circle 3 on hole 1 of the West course at the Hambrick last weekend. Perhaps purple for embarrassment?

So two baskets same hole and you thrown it in short you claim you thought that was the hole y'all were playing. Is that an ace?

damn drickanderson you guys get a pretty nice ace fund going from the looks of the ace chart...I don't know if ours has gotten over $200. How many people usually turnout and is it once a week or what?

A grey ace is when you ace the wrong basket (usually the short pin) on the hole you are playing on courses like Warwick that have two baskets on each hole.

My son will be happy to hear he has an ace then! He did this on hole 1 at Bryant last year when he was 14. The sad part was it was a line drive and he probably would have been parked otherwise.

Latest posts