• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Blasphemous Ignorance!

Hockey is superior to Air Hockey!

Take THAT Air Hockey!!!!! :mad:

Come talk to me when you get your Greatsky. :|

Take THAT Air Hockey!!!!! :mad:

Come talk to me when you get your Greatsky. :|
Where does Bubble Hockey fit in?

Upper-Deck-Bubble-Hockey-Tournament-Fans-Dr-Brian-Price-Kelvin-Card-Sharks.jpg

Article: "Golf is superior to disc golf"

http://kykernel.com/2014/04/30/golf-is-superior-to-disc-golf/?fb_action_ids=858883280805361&fb_action_types=og.comments

I've never played ball golf, but by competing in disc golf I've gained an appreciation for it. I can now even watch in on TV as I see the same emotions on the golfers' faces as I feel out on the DG course. Too bad this ignorant A-hole didn't do a little more research.

If you believe everything you read....better not read. ~ Chinese Proverb

I agree and disagree.

Roughly 50% of DGC's are 9 hole courses under 4k feet long and still considered true disc golf courses with regular events there. Putt putt golf is a whole different market from that of golf. Here locally we have a 9 hole "training" facility that isn't even listed as a actual golf course and not really considered to be one by a person who CAN play. When I played golf we went there a lot because it was one of the few courses we could actually make shots on. Playing a "real" golf course was beyond demoralizing and you were an "outsider" in that sense who didn't even really belong there, lol.

For sure two different beasts though and ignorance lies within trying to compare them at all really.

I'm just saying that our sport is still in it's infancy compared to ball golf. Few courses are designed with pros in mind. More often they are designed to be accessible to all levels. You are right about the 9 hole "working class" golf courses being more comparable to DG. Most of the DG I've played on BG courses were on 9 hole cheap & simiple ball golf courses (because those are the ones that are most sympathetic to DG).

There is some redemption if you click the link at the bottom article written by a disc golfer that works at the same publication: kykernel.com/2014/04/30/disc-golf-equal-to-ball-golf/

To me, both articles were rather stupid and misinformed. If we're complaining about ball golfers elitism, all it means is that some amongst us have an inferiority complex that we need to get off of our shoulders.

I imagine this is how competitive wiffleballers feel....compared to baseball

It IS a bit crazy...and a good comparison

In the end, the major factor is the tiny bats.

I happen to know and have played several times with the author of the 2nd article, knowing him he is probably just trying to defend the game from someone is clearly ignorant to how complex disc golf can be. I have spent time playing both golf and disc golf, I find both are equally difficult to master...both are also equally fun to play IMO. There is a somewhat elitist vibe that comes from the game of golf, as well as an inferiority complex^^^ in disc golf. The thing is, neither side is going to give in on which they think is better. Which goes to show that both sports can have a lasting impact, because of the conviction of it's followers. Golf has had 500 years to grow and become popular around the world, so obviously more people will think it is superior, Disc Golf has had maybe 30 or 40. So we disc golf lovers have to be patient and allow our game to grow to a popularity that could rival golf, I think we can all agree that we would love for that to happen.

Personally I prefer Disc Golf after giving each a try in my life, I have more fun playing, and find the people to be incredibly inviting and nice as compared to golf.

I am eagerly awaiting the tennis is superior to ping pong article.

AHEM! It's table tennis!!!!!11 :p

Chess is superior to Checkers.

Only for people who have the final solution to checkers.

Cheez-Its are superior to Cheese Nips.

Well duh. Everybody knows that. :)

Where does Bubble Hockey fit in?[/IMG]

Ice Hockey : Bubble Hockey :: Association Football : Foosball*

*Foosball may be referred to as "table football" by those who think they are important. :D

The author must think Ball Golf is the hardest sport in the world because he's spent a ton time playing it but is not getting any better. Judging by his writing he doesn't have the mental fortitude for Golf.

Anyhow, who cares. They are both recreational sports and everyone can have an opinion. Personally, I find Ball Golf to be a complete waste of water.

The author must think Ball Golf is the hardest sport in the world because he's spent a ton time playing it but is not getting any better. Judging by his writing he doesn't have the mental fortitude for Golf.
Judging by his writing, he doesn't have the mental fortitude for journalism.

Then again, there's always Bleacher Report. I'm sure they could always use another countdown list of the hottest NFL cheerleaders article.

David Schuh in 4 years at KY

:: GOES TO COLLEGE BUT HAS NO IDEA WHAT TO DO ::

:: TRIES OUT FOR SPORT AND REALIZES HIS HIGHSCHOOL TEAM WAS A JOKE ::

:: DECIDES ON SPORTS JOURNALISM & GETS INTERSHIP WRITING ON-LINE ARTICLES ::

:: GRATUATES WITH TONS OF DEBT AND STARTS A FANASTY SPORTS BLOG ::

:: STARTS PLAYING DISC GOLF ::

Golf is, indeed, one of the hardest skills to master. It's a game where many people can be good, and many can be "scratch" players, but the revolving pro base is ever changing, and few are household names every generation.

The same could be said of baseball. millions of people play it, only a couple thousand can truly play at the top level. Even then, if you are a successful batter, then you are able to safely hit at ball less than a 1/3 of the time.

Anyhow, who cares. They are both recreational sports and everyone can have an opinion. Personally, I find Ball Golf to be a complete waste of water.

1) He must never have tried to hit major league pitching.

2) Ball golf is a lot of fun -- even addictive in the way disc golf is -- once you get proficient at it. And that's the trick. You aren't going to be any good at all at ball golf without spending some money on lessons from a decent pro, whereas in disc golf, you can learn to be proficient, at least, by raw practice and getting tips from people you meet at the course.

I've played both sports for most of my life.

Long game goes to disc golf for variety of disc and shots. Ball golf is more repetitive.

Short game goes to ball golf by a mile. Putting, bunker game, pitching, chipping. So many more shots and skills are required. Disc golf is pretty basic comparatively.

Overall- Tie

Golf is, indeed, one of the hardest skills to master. It's a game where many people can be good, and many can be "scratch" players, but the revolving pro base is ever changing, and few are household names every generation.

The same could be said of baseball. millions of people play it, only a couple thousand can truly play at the top level. Even then, if you are a successful batter, then you are able to safely hit at ball less than a 1/3 of the time.

Of the handful of major leaguers who can boast a career batting average over .333, only Tony Gwynn is still alive. :clap:

Hey, it's an opinion article in a student newspaper. That's all.

Though I thought the pro-disc-golf article was even worse.

:: GOES TO COLLEGE BUT HAS NO IDEA WHAT TO DO ::

:: TRIES OUT FOR SPORT AND REALIZES HIS HIGHSCHOOL TEAM WAS A JOKE ::

:: DECIDES ON SPORTS JOURNALISM & GETS INTERSHIP WRITING ON-LINE ARTICLES ::

:: GRATUATES WITH TONS OF DEBT AND STARTS A FANASTY SPORTS BLOG ::

:: STARTS PLAYING DISC GOLF ::

:clap: