• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] blizzard discs

I carry a couple blizz Wraiths around 150 (under and over stable) and find them quite useful. The OS can be used as a turn over into the wind and the US is good for uphill shots where you have to swing your arm upwards anyway (BH/outer wing down/hyzer release). For max D I use a stable, max weight Wraith but by the third round in a single day I'll drop back to the blizz for max D due to being tired.

BTW, the early runs with hundreds of micro bubbles in the flight plates are more stable than the flight numbers as the later runs tend to be understable-to-flippy out of the box.

I love my blizzard destroyer it compliments the heavier destroyer and the trespass really well I normally throw all my discs in the 171-175 range except my ROCS I prefer them 180 its nice to have at least a few lighter discs I also have a 163 champ viking I could not live with out this disc

I'm 33 and have no shame in carrying a Blizzard Boss in my bag. The thing is just so damn fun to throw when there is no wind. Haters gonna' hate.

I threw it on a frozen river next to my home course during the last round of the year... the ice was too thin to go out and get it. But I'll be damned if I wasn't thinking of taking the risk. Hopefully its still out there covered with some snow and I'll pop it back out when we get a nice day.

I'm actually contemplating using a blizzard disc for thumbers. Im thinking something overstable like an ape or destroyer... I typically throw max weight.

My question is, I don't throw thumbers at all, but their are a few holes at my local course where people do. So, not throwing them at all, when I do it can hurt my arm at times since it's a foreign motion and I don't warm that up I guess. I'm thinking a lighter weight BLIZZARD type disc would help.

How light a disc should I get? Which disc should I get? And at super lightweights will it still hold it's over stability characteristics of a max weight counterpart?

Thanks for any experience/help.

How light a disc should I get? Which disc should I get? And at super lightweights will it still hold it's over stability characteristics of a max weight counterpart?
I am pretty sure u could find a champ firebird or z flick in the 150 class. u don't need blizzard discs to get those lighter weights and those should hold their stability from what I have heard others say

I throw a 143g blizzard wraith. I get the most distance out of it compared to my other discs. But really only maybe an extra 30' or so compared to my 164' TD. And I feel I have way more control with the TD compared to the blizzard. So I'm sort of trying to ween myself off the blizzard. Work on your form and don't try to improve distance with different discs.

I use to carry a 138g Boss in the bag, and loved it for calm days. I just got tired of the wind toying around with it so much with it being that light. I liked the plastic, but I learned to not go crazy when it comes to "lighter is better" with my disc.

If you got a weak arm, Blizzards will make you feel like a real man. If your trying to make some money at DG, buy real discs. Blizzards wear/change too fast.

If you got a weak arm, Blizzards will make you feel like a real man. If your trying to make some money at DG, buy real discs. Blizzards wear/change too fast.

I haven't noticed much of a wear difference in the 1st run blizz and normal champ runs from the same era (bubbles in the plate). Even my late run (not the latest) seems to be holding up well although I haven't thrown it even 1/10th of my early run.

What makes me feel like a man is parking or aceing a hole. Two weekends ago I hit metal on back to back throws on the same hole with my understable and overstable blizz Wraiths at 375' weaving on each side of the main tree that blocks a simple hyzer route.

I am pretty sure u could find a champ firebird or z flick in the 150 class. u don't need blizzard discs to get those lighter weights and those should hold their stability from what I have heard others say

I've recently bought a batch of 158 champ firebirds that are just as stable at their max weight counterparts. I doubt blizzard throws want a piece of that. There are actually blizzard firebirds though. Has anyone thrown those before?

Carry a air halo, blizzard wraith, starlite wraith, and a star lite vaulk. Love the light plastic.

I've got a 133 blizzard destroyer, super duper understable. I really like it, but it is very situational. Unless I crank some mega hyzer on it, it will just flip over and become a roller. It's maybe just a bit more stable than the un-Lace.

I play with a 70 year old that throws blizzard. I know he throws destroyers and katanas in them prob some others to.

A lot of the guys I play with are much older than me. Some have been playing since before I was born, in fact. I love playing with these guys, because they play a different game. I'm 32 and they might be 50 or 60, but they beat me all the time. There's a lot to learn from older players. Oh yeah, and many of them throw a lot of Blizzard plastic.

And by the way, when I say they play a different game, I don't necessarily mean they can't throw as far as me. Some can throw as far at least, and sometime's farther given the day and how we're feeling individually.

Blizzard plastic is not for me, because it doesn't suit my game. I started playing recently, and learned through DGR and putter only rounds. I throw the slowest disc I can for any given shot, because I'm most comfortable with those discs because that's how I learned. A lot of people commenting on boards like this learned that way too, and I think some of them mistakenly think it's the only way to play. It is not. If I throw a Teebird and you throw a Blizzard Wraith and end up CTP, you played better that hole.

There's a lot of knowledge on the internet. But the internet also encourages a kind of communal singlemindedness sometimes. Ignore the people who tell you not to use something that improves your game.