• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

BlueBerry Hill vrs Flip City

^^^I went and looked at your played list; lake Eureka is somewhat like SP. SP is much nicer though; and has the water shots.

Yes water, I threw my sidewinder in the lake both rounds. Good thing it's nice sandy bottom and <2' deep. There was also a little girl finding discs and accepting a dollar or so per disc for the trouble.:) I watched many good players (am and pro alike) score circle 5, double circle 6, triple circle 7 even on the lake hole.:popcorn: Someone said Cale Leviska scored a 2 in the first round. Tough 2.

You know what happens when you assume...

I won't assume HHSC is better than Maple Hill cuz I haven't played Maple. But how can you beat a complex with Blueberry Hill, Highbridge Gold, Granite Ridge, The Bear, Whitetail Run, and yes even Woodland Greens??!??!?!?!?!??!?!? And the lit all night 18 hole chestnut course that sports a bonfire to throw thru every Saturday night?

Don't dis HH on the words of any of the many crybaby touring players who played 2007 worlds. So many of the country club boys complained nonstop about the 'roughness' of highbridge. Play for yourself. Then write a detailed and thoughtful review.

I played Highbridge in 05' and 07' and personally think the complex is great! I just don't think Blueberry is the best course on the property.

Yes water, I threw my sidewinder in the lake both rounds. Good thing it's nice sandy bottom and <2' deep. There was also a little girl finding discs and accepting a dollar or so per disc for the trouble.:) I watched many good players (am and pro alike) score circle 5, double circle 6, triple circle 7 even on the lake hole.:popcorn: Someone said Cale Leviska scored a 2 in the first round. Tough 2.

Were you up @ NWO? So was I. 24 is pretty tough i had what looked to be an awesome drive round 1 was going for the little shack hit it and it rolled backwards into the creek :doh: There def is truth to it being "the most dangerous green is disc golf" Someone did drain one from the drop zone on the docks best circle 3 ever!

Were you up @ NWO? So was I. 24 is pretty tough i had what looked to be an awesome drive round 1 was going for the little shack hit it and it rolled backwards into the creek :doh: There def is truth to it being "the most dangerous green is disc golf" Someone did drain one from the drop zone on the docks best circle 3 ever!

Yes I was. We arrived Thursday for a practice round and played Highbridge Friday. My bro played open (didn't cash) and I played Intermediate. By the end of the first tourney round my achilles was screaming at me so I didn't play in the second round. Bummer to not play Sunday but it was nice and relaxing to sit by the lake and spectate.

Yes I was. We arrived Thursday for a practice round and played Highbridge Friday. My bro played open (didn't cash) and I played Intermediate. By the end of the first tourney round my achilles was screaming at me so I didn't play in the second round. Bummer to not play Sunday but it was nice and relaxing to sit by the lake and spectate.
Oh yea you were in my group first round. You had surgery on it awhile ago right?

The latest 4 for Flip City is the best yet! HaHa about time one of the short flip reviews actually dropped it's score......in other news Milo has been getting killed lately and theres no uproar...all those pacific northwest guys must be busy actually playing!

in other news Milo has been getting killed lately and theres no uproar...all those pacific northwest guys must be busy actually playing!

We have to play as much as we can until the rainy season comes! (October through May)

And yes the destruction of Milo is sad. 3 1/2 and 3 stars?! pfffffff :thmbdown:

Oh yea you were in my group first round. You had surgery on it awhile ago right?

No surgery, I was in a walking boot for 6 weeks followed by another 6 weeks of physical therapy. It's doing fine now, but might not be if I had tried to play another round. I think the combination of all the hills and pushing off of it to throw put quite a bit of strain on it over time.

Highbridge Update

I figured I needed to get on here to give a quick update on Highbridge....I called John this afternoon and had a long conversation with him. As some of you have mentioned, John is very bold and has some awesome ideas. So what I will say isn't biased, because I pushed John on a few things.

I've also heard a rumor about bankruptcy at Highbridge, although when I was up there in May, with all the long conversations I had with John (he loves to talk!), he never mentioned anything, but all the same I heard it from someone who was just there 2 weeks ago. Not sure what it all entails, but I guess the locals just don't support the place like they should (and apparently a few of the very few DGers in the immediate area feel they can just play for free). Hopefully what I've heard isn't true, and since I haven't heard it directly from the source I will neither confirm nor deny this. If anyone can chime in, please do so. I'm sure the national DG community would love to know if a treasure like Highbridge was in some type of trouble...

As for the rumor of bankruptcy, that's completely false. While John did say he went through Chapter 13 for his house, his house and property are completely separate from the LLC that Highbridge is set up as. While I can't go into details for confidentiality reasons, I did speak at length with John about the financials for Highbridge. I have an MBA and a degree in finance, and I can tell you that from what I can see of the financial documents at Highbridge, John's company is in great shape. John has had over 4,000 players so far this year, and expects to have 5,000 by year end. With the average stay at Highbridge now just over 3 days, that adds extra revenue. So while John doesn't want me to publicize financial information, Highbridge is in great shape. You can look up the average cost for playing at Highbridge and the average cost for a stay and do the math if you want to. But I was privy to the financials of the company, and I was a stock analyst I would recommend it as a 'buy'.

JohtoVillage talked about Bear and Whitetail being just a c&nthair away from being complete, I think he was pulled in by John's ability to make your ears bleed. It sounds like Bear is STILL not done (not just since Memorial Day, but since 2007). Whitetail it appears is another brainchild that is just taking away focus. I mean no ill will, but John is very scatter brained, and needs to focus. Sincerely, I love the guy and the whole complex, but he has a bit of a focus issue.

As for a complex update, here's what John has finished so I visited last:

-New signs for Blueberry
-The Blueberry cabin near the pro shop was finished a few months ago and has been booked every weekend
-The Pro shop has been expanded and currently has a nice amount of discs
-Chestnut Grove is now officially 18 holes with all concrete tees
-The Bear officially has 14 baskets in the ground, with the other four baskets to be put into the ground whenever the rain stops
-While the extra holes on the Bear don't have concrete tees yet, there are flags for where the tees are located
-The Whitetail officially has 9 baskets in the ground, but the course hasn't been played yet because John is still tweaking it around

In addition, I asked John for pictures to supplement what he told me. Those will be in my email tomorrow morning and I will post them accordingly.

Granberry tees?? Blueridge Tees??? "Crown Jewel" pins???? C'mon! What about Bear?! Now the teaser with Whitetail???!! I'm vowing to reroute my memorial day weekend trip elsewhere until some more real 18 hole courses are complete.

No need to reroute - Highbridge is expanding. That itself should speak of its financial strength.

^^^ Thanks so much for the update! So glad to hear HB isn't in financial trouble...I'd start taking collections if they were!

^^^ Thanks so much for the update! So glad to hear HB isn't in financial trouble...I'd start taking collections if they were!

I am sure John is always willing to take donations. When I visited John he was gracious enough to let me and a guest stay in his house one night, free of charge. I loved what John was doing up there, so I threw in a $50 donation. I would encourage anyone to do so, to fuel more courses at Highbridge. It's more of a two year goal, but John does have room for three and possibly four more courses at Highbridge, and he already has sketch designs for two twin courses near the campground. But John showed me the numbers - Highbridge has already had its best year, with over 4,000 players with an expectation for 5,000 players. That's phenomenal with the limited staff that John has.

I am sure John is always willing to take donations. When I visited John he was gracious enough to let me and a guest stay in his house one night, free of charge. I loved what John was doing up there, so I threw in a $50 donation. I would encourage anyone to do so, to fuel more courses at Highbridge. It's more of a two year goal, but John does have room for three and possibly four more courses at Highbridge, and he already has sketch designs for two twin courses near the campground. But John showed me the numbers - Highbridge has already had its best year, with over 4,000 players with an expectation for 5,000 players. That's phenomenal with the limited staff that John has.

He actually mentioned DGCR when we were up there this year for our 3rd annual Highbridge voyage. I guess a lot of people had been mentioning Blueberry's race for top-rated course, and John said he's definitely noticed an increase over the 2 previous years we'd been there. He made just under $2000 from the group we had up there this year for almost a week over Memorial Day weekend, and even without us he still had a very busy week...that's why I was wondering about this bankruptcy rumor, since John was just glowing (isn't he always? :p) with all the extra business...and being able to hire extra help!

A big group from Sweden that has been there all week left the day I arrived. John said they come every year which is really cool. This year was my first and I can't wait to get back next year, hopefully with a couple friends!

Latest posts