• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Bring Them Back!

ajcloutier

Par Member
In lieu of discussions elsewhere, I started to wonder if Discraft might have messed up by retracting some of their product. This would include discontinued disc molds and certain molds in specific plastics. It seems logical from a business stand point, if your not making money, to pull the plug on a product line. But, what about customer loyalty?

Perhaps I'm ignorant, but why would there remain such a cult following today for disc molds like the ESP Banger, Reapers, and others if they were not a successful mold? Thoughts? Also, what molds would you like to see brought back or put into full production?

ti stalkers. ti wasp. and they dont have a wasp you can cycle. wtf. im going to try out ghosts tomorrow

some disc veterans are upset about the talon and reaper. and there is one other one i see them whining about a lot i just can not recall it right now

It seems logical from a business stand point, if your not making money, to pull the plug on a product line.

You pretty much answered your own question. If a disc is not requested enough, they will stop producing it. No point in making something nobody wants.

The followers could be long time throwers or people that happen to throw one and fall for them after they've been discontinued. Discontinued doesn't always mean unsuccessful.

As for discs that I'd like to see come back, probably the D or X Wasp and X Predator.

Ti stalkers are sought after? I have one around here somewhere...

absolutely not. i was buying them brand new for like $8 haha. people cant get rid of them fast enough. watch anyones sales thread. theyll list em for 12-13 new and they never move. usually ill message people to trade for them and they always go for it even if they strictly want to sell.

so if you wanna get rid of yours pm me. i love em cuz there beefy

They should do a limited run of D Zeppelins. Make a cool stamp or something. That disc needs to be in more bags.

Dynamic Discs has a ton of discontinued Discraft molds in Z Plastic. So does GGGT. From what I understand, if you order a large quantity of discs from then they will make limited runs of any disc in any plastic, hence why you see stuff like Glow ESP Zones and FLX Sparkle Glow non - Bangers.

They could probably break even if they did a pro shop style deal like Innova, but who knows if they have enough of a hard core fan base to turn a profit with such releases.

The Xtra. Or X2. Or Reaper. Or Talon. Or X-Clone. Or Xtreme.

Come on, put something between the Predator and Drone.

Z Reapers need to come back. In plain Z or Glo. They have been my main fairway driver for a long time now and I can't get away from them. I would even enjoy a Big Z or Ti limited run with the old X Reaper stamp on them. Or any plastic really, I'd buy 10 easy.

X Wasps and X Predators would be cool too. That would be a lot easier than trying to beat a brand new Z in.

Z Reapers need to come back. In plain Z or Glo. They have been my main fairway driver for a long time now and I can't get away from them. I would even enjoy a Big Z or Ti limited run with the old X Reaper stamp on them. Or any plastic really, I'd buy 10 easy.

X Wasps and X Predators would be cool too. That would be a lot easier than trying to beat a brand new Z in.

i have a z wasp thats been in my bag for over 3 years and its still not flippy. that z plastic is pretty durable.

also took me about 3 years to get my z stalker to flippy. it was my workhorse driver too so it saw a ton of use. 3 years is a long ass time. imagine losing that

i know discraft is weird about making molds in X plastic. cant believe they wouldnt make a wasp you could cycle much like the rock. id love to have 6 wasps in the bag instead of wasp buzz and meteor.

i have a z wasp thats been in my bag for over 3 years and its still not flippy. that z plastic is pretty durable.

also took me about 3 years to get my z stalker to flippy. it was my workhorse driver too so it saw a ton of use. 3 years is a long ass time. imagine losing that.

I almost lost my beat wasp this weekend. I wouldn't mind seeing X Stalkers run. Seems like they could cycle pretty well.