• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bringing back you know your addicted to disc Golf when...

When you weekly drive 200+ miles to check out newly added courses you haven't played.. then go back to the fun ones the next day :)

When you make your business trips 2 days longer than required (using vacation days if needed) so you can stop at a lot of courses on the way to and from your destination.

When you play three courses in one day and wished you hadn't stoped for lunch so you could have gotten another round in.

When you work at a flooring store...and can tell which carpet samples are more overstable than others by looking at them...and you build a mini basket out of materials laying around to putt the samples into because you are bored...:doh:

When your dog knows the difference between you going to the park where the course is to take him for a walk, and when you're going to the park to play the course without bringing him.

when your girlfriend gets home from work at 4 in the morning to find you in your room, drunk, showing your disc collection to a couple out of town discing friends (also drunk) basically rolling around in our own little piles of plastic. giggling.

CE, first runs, pearlies, candy, KC Pro everywhere.

When your dog knows the difference between you going to the park where the course is to take him for a walk, and when you're going to the park to play the course without bringing him.

I got 2 dog's.. When i grab my bag or a buddy shows up with his bag they both know whats up and freak out..

I honestly haven't wanted to go before and my 2 bored dogs look at me like "CMON"..

So i guess.. you know when your addicted when you use your dogs boredom as an excuse to go :)

hahaepic.png

The better part of my day, I'm on the computer reading DGCR. haha

I got 2 dog's.. When i grab my bag or a buddy shows up with his bag they both know whats up and freak out..

I honestly haven't wanted to go before and my 2 bored dogs look at me like "CMON"..

So i guess.. you know when your addicted when you use your dogs boredom as an excuse to go :)

Mine are the same way. If I am going to a tournament or a course that is not dog friendly I have to sneak my bag to my car about an hour before I plan leaving, then hang out in my house for a while, then leave so they think I'm not going to play. If they know I went without them, something will be messed up when I get home.

I also cant say "golf" around them if I don't plan on going. If my gf and I are talking about it we have to spell it out instead of say it.

You know you're addicted when, before you turn off all the lights for the night, you go to your bag, and take a disc out to toss it in the air a couple times...just because.

When you are watching discus throwers in the Olympics and can't help but wonder how much extra distance they could get if they could eliminate the OAT.

When you carry a nail file in your bag, just to be sure you don't have a hangnail or too long thumbnail ruin your round!

Tim S.

i lie too my girlfriend saying i keep winning discs w/online contests to cover up my plastic habit

I'll confess that I'll come home with new plastic and tell my wife I won them at my saturday doubles league... she doesn't know we don't win discs at league ;)

...if, anytime you comment on how nice the weather is, your wife and kids all say "oh no" in unison.

...if your dog has been trained to never touch a disc unless given permission in advance.

...if your kids don't realize yet that disc golf is just a fringe sport but think it's a legit sport that everyone plays.

...if your son mastered the flex shot before he could properly wipe his own ass.