• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Tickless Rick...

:D:D
Yeah dude. Tickless Rick all day and you got yourself a ballgame. Well, a disc game to be exact.

Not elitist but just dont enjoy watching subpar throws when it not myself or my buddies throwing. A lot of the time I dont watch them either. Makes looking for the discs a PITA

Hard enough to find my own discs while avoiding hordes of lyme ticks.

You doth bequeath him Tickless Rick. LOL, funniest thing I've seen in these scary Corona times.

I do that shot often if I am totally piched off in the right side of the fairway and the only way to get any distance is to reach over my head and throw it upside down on a forehand. Usually with a mid. Can get pretty sick shots way down the fairway. Would never really think about putting with it tho.

More likely is he will be inconsistent and nobody will ever shut up.
I mean this is how hype works, right? If no one ever shuts up and things like this thread are on the front page with recent posts and us yammering about him, it's working. Right?

So far as publicity stunts go, this one worked perfectly. It has the disc golf community talking endlessly about him and presumably has his followers watching and possibly playing disc golf. Win/win. This would be a good time for his followers to try disc golf; the pandemic has pretty much everything else shut down but the park is open...get out of the house and frolf some!

*logs off to go frolf*

I mean this is how hype works, right? If no one ever shuts up and things like this thread are on the front page with recent posts and us yammering about him, it's working. Right?

So far as publicity stunts go, this one worked perfectly. It has the disc golf community talking endlessly about him and presumably has his followers watching and possibly playing disc golf. Win/win. This would be a good time for his followers to try disc golf; the pandemic has pretty much everything else shut down but the park is open...get out of the house and frolf some!

*logs off to go frolf*

Precisely! That's why I never really understood the vitriol towards a newcomer- any newcomer!

I'm curious if the DGPT would have let that happen for anyone else? .....hmmm. but, awesome! I wanted to watch that round.

I don't know, but I think they really dropped the ball by making the 1st round of his 1st event PPV. It would have been priceless info seeing how many concurrent viewers his card would have had on Youtube live, as well as the rolling view numbers since the conclusion of the round. It was a one time chance to see what his influence would have been. With over 2 million Youtube subscribers and almost a million on Twitter and another million on Instagram, a simple click on a link to see him playing his first tournament live seemed like a no-brainer decision.

I don't know, but I think they really dropped the ball by making the 1st round of his 1st event PPV. It would have been priceless info seeing how many concurrent viewers his card would have had on Youtube live, as well as the rolling view numbers since the conclusion of the round. It was a one time chance to see what his influence would have been. With over 2 million Youtube subscribers and almost a million on Twitter and another million on Instagram, a simple click on a link to see him playing his first tournament live seemed like a no-brainer decision.
Haven't they got the best of both worlds?

They got the people who were interested enough in disc golf and the Brodie journey to sign up for the ppv round.

Now they are going to get everyone else via YouTube eyeballs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Haven't they got the best of both worlds?

They got the people who were interested enough in disc golf and the Brodie journey to sign up for the ppv round.

Now they are going to get everyone else via YouTube eyeballs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

My point was that it was a missed opportunity.

My point was that it was a missed opportunity.

Yet they capitalized on the opportunity to see how many paid subscribers they could get who wanted to see him play his first tournament. If they gave it away for free, it would have been a missed opportunity to raise their subscriber count.

Yet they capitalized on the opportunity to see how many paid subscribers they could get who wanted to see him play his first tournament. If they gave it away for free, it would have been a missed opportunity to raise their subscriber count.

Penny-wise and pound-foolish?

That was my immediate thought when they made that decision.

Penny-wise and pound-foolish?
That was my immediate thought when they made that decision.
The underlying primary goal for DGPT is to discover the most effective ways to monetize their tour for financial sustainability. Whether or not their experiments "grow the sport" are bonuses.

The underlying primary goal for DGPT is to discover the most effective ways to monetize their tour for financial sustainability. Whether or not their experiments "grow the sport" are bonuses.

Yes, that was my point...

Penny Wise, Pound Foolish
There is a British saying, "penny wise, pound foolish -- making decisions with small amounts of money (pennies) that end up making bad sense for affecting larger amounts of money (pounds, as in Great British Pounds)."

Well yes but in order to monetize you must first quantify. If you don't collect sufficient data the ensuing valuation relies heavily on speculation and that's obviously a less desirable metric.

Well yes but in order to monetize you must first quantify. If you don't collect sufficient data the ensuing valuation relies heavily on speculation and that's obviously a less desirable metric.
My point was they are running experiments and gathering data with their money and resources. Whether you think various experiments will work better than others is simply opinion at this point without sufficient data.

It was a VERY VERY successful weekend for the DGPT. We are happy and just hope to be able to maintain this momentum in the next few down weeks. Stay tuned for more info.

Penny-wise pound foolish VS Bird in the hand worth 2 in the bush.

I paid 8.99 to see the Brodie round and then never even found time to watch all of it. I love flipping on live disc golf when it happens to be on and I happen to have a chance watch it, but I doubt I'll continue to pay 8.99 a month for the off chances the stars align.

I paid 8.99 to see the Brodie round and then never even found time to watch all of it. I love flipping on live disc golf when it happens to be on and I happen to have a chance watch it, but I doubt I'll continue to pay 8.99 a month for the off chances the stars align.

uh.....you can watch the event 24/7 as a subscriber.