• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

If a guy that just started playing and a guy that is a touring veteran have different opinions on Disc Golf I'm going with the guy that has actual experience 10 out of 10.

Brodie just wants disc golf to be Ball Golf so bad he cant stand it.

I think anyone with a PDGA number higher that 20000 has no business having an opinion on disc golf.

I think anyone with a PDGA number higher that 20000 has no business having an opinion on disc golf.

Lol this reminds me of the latest event I played in. My card mate was using Udisc to score and asked me my PDGA# which is in the 50000s and he was like "dude, that's such a low number!" I facepalmed and proceeded to play like dog****.

Lol this reminds me of the latest event I played in. My card mate was using Udisc to score and asked me my PDGA# which is in the 50000s and he was like "dude, that's such a low number!" I facepalmed and proceeded to play like dog****.

Right?.....I tell people my PDGA and have to provide an immediate caveat. "You think I would be good by now, huh?"

So, Brad... ferretdance03, you ready to take on Schwebby, Brodie, McBeast and the rest at The Battle For Bedford? :)

Play well and have fun!!! :thmbup:

<<joking feature enabled>>

So, no opinions if your PDGA # is above 20000, you have played less than 100 courses, your rating is lower than 1000, and you don't play Professional Open (MPO/FPO)? What other criteria for opinions did I miss?

:D

<<joking feature disabled>>

I wonder if foundation will be filming since its being run by Hunter?...

Also, there is no course listed by the name it gives on the registration page of DGU... Any Virginians know anything about Venhorst Park in Bedford, VA

I played it last summer (before it was sold to the Parks & Rec dept and Paul started helping design it). I'm sure the video does a better job showing you the course than I can, and there are a few holes that I didn't find when playing it (absolutely no tees or signs when I played it). Also, I added it to the course directory on this site a few months back but it ain't here now. It's located around the pond behind the Wal-Mart in Bedford, VA.

It's very tight, and punishes bad shots. not a ton of choice on many holes, more of a "here's the shot you need to make, now execute it."

It's also very muggy playing around that pond and creek in this heat. The heat could get to Brodie late in the rounds (although I know the sun is a bigger issue with the doxy, and it's very shady), and if his form starts to falter when that happens, he's in for a rough day.

If you want to know anything else about the course, lmk (not that I know much).

Brodie just wants disc golf to be Ball Golf so bad he cant stand it.

Not sure.... especially with his brash behavior. If anything it sounds like he wants it to be more entertaining. I could care less what courses the pros play, I just enjoy watching the best in the game play. If it happens to be an open course, love seeing the bombs, if it's a technical course, love seeing the accuracy. I do think every course should have a mix of both.

I could care less what courses the pros play, I just enjoy watching the best in the game play. If it happens to be an open course, love seeing the bombs, if it's a technical course, love seeing the accuracy. I do think every course should have a mix of both.

I second that! I play on open courses and technical ones....I don't care which type of course the pros play on - I can learn from it either way.

Open courses: I get to pay more attention to how they are throwing/putting/etc. How do they run/walk-up? How do they throw stand-still? How do they line their throw up? (James Conrad practice throws and 'aims' over his left elbow). How do they putt?

Technical courses: What decisions do they make on disc choice, type of throw, where they want to 'hit' and land?

Whatever course they are playing, there's a lot I can learn from it.

I wonder if foundation will be filming since its being run by Hunter?...

Also, there is no course listed by the name it gives on the registration page of DGU... Any Virginians know anything about Venhorst Park in Bedford, VA

I played the long tees for about the 5th or 6th time today. One round off the short tees. What would you like to know?

I played the long tees for about the 5th or 6th time today. One round off the short tees. What would you like to know?

Thx but the course preview did a pretty good job of answering any questions...

Btw, I asked Hunter on a YT vid, Foundation will be doing filming for this event.:thmbup: