• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I think it will always be a pay cut for him, he's too old to do Ultimate for a living so this might be all he has left in disc sports. If he does not become a top player (which I believe he won't) then the disc golf career will be only 2-3 years long before he moves on.

That doesn't seem likely to me. The only reason his DG career would be that short is if he either; makes a lot of enemies somehow or finds his knee injuries flare up and prevent him from competing.
If he does slow down his playing I imagine he'll work within marketing or player management for Discraft.

That doesn't seem likely to me. The only reason his DG career would be that short is if he either; makes a lot of enemies somehow or finds his knee injuries flare up and prevent him from competing.
If he does slow down his playing I imagine he'll work within marketing or player management for Discraft.

I was just talking about him playing disc golf. I agree there could be other possibilities for him.

looks like brodie registered for a tournament. Ron Russell Roofing presents 2020 Jacksonville Open - Pros at the end of march.

Awesome! I get to see him play my home courses! The courses are no slouches. Can't wait to see in person.

I think it will always be a pay cut for him, he's too old to do Ultimate for a living so this might be all he has left in disc sports. If he does not become a top player (which I believe he won't) then the disc golf career will be only 2-3 years long before he moves on.

Sounds like a good way to spend the next 2-3 years to me

Ok. I'll admit that regardless of anything Brodie related I will likely try and snatch one of the Zones with the "Get Freaky" stamp.

Fun video and a perfect example of how Discraft should "use" Brodie. . show of the Champs and the new discs

and wow how far did Paige throw that Luna?!?

and wow how far did Paige throw that Luna?!?

About 330

EBGYKcG.png

Does he still do trick shot videos, or is his focus on DG now?

After that last video I am thinking that Brodie is going to be used as Discraft's Eric Oakley. Colorful character to be used to promote the product. Not bad marketing, but could get annoying.

That's entirely possible and can you really blame them? He's got an untapped market waiting to be advertised to. Even if they only got less than 1% of his subs to start buying Discraft... that's what 10k people? That's a lot of Forces, Nukes and Buzzzes

Last edited:
that latest video has only been up for a day and now has 90k views, so a smart move. . no way Paul, Paige or Discraft could get that many views that fast by them self

That's entirely possible and can you really blame them? He's got an untapped market waiting to be advertised to. Even if they only got less than 1% of his subs to start buying Discraft... that's what 10k people? That's a lot of Forces, Nukes and Buzzzes

And zones, all the zones

Attachments

• 87839C6B-B1BD-454E-854D-BA444FF8CCEA.jpg
    87839C6B-B1BD-454E-854D-BA444FF8CCEA.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 77
After that last video I am thinking that Brodie is going to be used as Discraft's Eric Oakley. Colorful character to be used to promote the product. Not bad marketing, but could get annoying.

Oakley isn't a slouch though. He was just in lead card final round of a stacked LVC.

Didn't she throw the Luna farther than the wasp Paul threw though?

Not sure, I'd have to watch it again. I'm simply going off the reference points of the AM tee that she points to in the video and the street lights along the walking path around the lake to estimate where she landed.

Not sure, I'd have to watch it again. I'm simply going off the reference points of the AM tee that she points to in the video and the street lights along the walking path around the lake to estimate where she landed.

Paul threw further... at least by the order that they threw.