• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Geez, the sound the disc makes when it leaves Drew's hand is just ridiculous, lol...

I'm so conflicted about Drew. His hair, glasses, and overall mannerisms make me want to punch him, his voice sounds just like mine which is creepy, and yet the way he plays it's hard not to root for him. His putter was on fire at Memorial and watching him rip a Buzzz on some of those shots was just nuts.

His voice definitely doesn't match a photo of him by himself. But when you actually see him standing next to brodie, it makes more sense, lol

Some interesting tidbits about Drew's mindset, things he focuses on to throw far. The one I need to work on is bending my knees a tad and actually using my leg muscles to push off. I can get my feet in the right spot all I want, but if my legs are stick straight it's not doing anything. Gonna explore that later today.

Oh, and also, Brodie can throw it really far, even with form that still looks a little iffy. Geez

I find Drew's grips really interesting. A three fingered powergrip for the really big shots and a modified index/pinky on the rim fan grip for the rest. He gets so much pop/spin/hit.

Brodie also knows how to spin a disc, understands release angles, coupled that with learning from the very best and full time job work ethic. He might be 1000 rated this time next year. Stick with it, I enjoy the vids and tips from the pros

I dont think its smart for Bodie to be trying max distance shots yet. He is still learning proper form. I cringed at those last few throws just thinking about his elbow/shoulder.

Accurate smooth 400' should be the goal imo.

In the video, Drew references himself, Eagle and Simon a few times. Drew seems to use a much quicker, more explosive move though compared to Simon and Eagle who almost seem to just walk into their hit.

Not sure where I'm going with that, other than it stood out to me in the video.

In the video, Drew references himself, Eagle and Simon a few times. Drew seems to use a much quicker, more explosive move though compared to Simon and Eagle who almost seem to just walk into their hit.

Not sure where I'm going with that, other than it stood out to me in the video.

I agree, I think GG and Drew have similar explosive styles in that regard

Nikko and M.J. ;)

Ehh... where I can definitely see where you're coming from with this, Nikko's "problems" stem from his passion for the game and his competitiveness. I've met him in person at the BG Ams flymart and he didn't strike me as an overly boisterous person. Does he get really fired up when he throws an ace? Sure but so do most people.

Two more polar opposite people may not exist in the world, lol...

i had a roommate who was not a discer but did enjoy using my practice basket occasionally. he would see me watching coverage all the time and every time MJ was on, he would call him The Dungeon Master.

i can't help but think it every time i see MJ now

Different strokes for different folks. Check out Joona Heinänen from the LVC videos. Hardly ever does more than a few steps run up and then just annihilates the disc. As boring as these two tourneys have been, at least we have seen some amazing mashers of the disc. Oskari Vikström is another fun watch. The disc is just outta there on a ridiculous line. GG is still in a class of his own, but these kids are not far behind.

Different strokes for different folks. Check out Joona Heinänen from the LVC videos. Hardly ever does more than a few steps run up and then just annihilates the disc. As boring as these two tourneys have been, at least we have seen some amazing mashers of the disc. Oskari Vikström is another fun watch. The disc is just outta there on a ridiculous line. GG is still in a class of his own, but these kids are not far behind.

Him and Trystan Tanner, I think the commentary was something like 1mph run up to 75mph disc speed.