• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Not bad for his first time at Idlewild. 993 972 981. Pretty respectable considering there aren't really a lot of holes he can attack with any kind of consistency. Be interesting to see how he does at Ledgestone next week. He's got some good experience on a tight wooded course to have some confidence playing Northwoods but if its windy at Eureka...

:popcorn:

4 birdies, 4 single bogeys
5 birdies, 6 single bogeys and a double
3 birdies, 2 single bogeys and a double
Total: 12 birdies, 12 single bogeys, and 2 doubles.

Consistent 980s golf from a 960s guy who came in and prepped all week. He took his hits and didn't let it stack. Had one wild round and kept his head to avoid something ugly. I don't know how much of the east coast swing he's gonna play (or even how much is going on...), but it doesn't look like its gonna be some kind of wake-up call like people thought these wooded courses would be.

4 birdies, 4 single bogeys
5 birdies, 6 single bogeys and a double
3 birdies, 2 single bogeys and a double
Total: 12 birdies, 12 single bogeys, and 2 doubles.

Consistent 980s golf from a 960s guy who came in and prepped all week. He took his hits and didn't let it stack. Had one wild round and kept his head to avoid something ugly. I don't know how much of the east coast swing he's gonna play (or even how much is going on...), but it doesn't look like its gonna be some kind of wake-up call like people thought these wooded courses would be.

He's signed up for Smugs and Maple Hill.

Just watched these super cuts of Brodie's rounds...

I am lazy and don't want to research... do we know what Brodie is throwing and can someone list or link?

thnx

Just watched these super cuts of Brodie's rounds...

I am lazy and don't want to research... do we know what Brodie is throwing and can someone list or link?

thnx

Off the top of my head...

Nuke
Zeus
Undertaker
Raptor
Buzz
Malta
Meteor
Zone
Luna
Fierce

He has also had these in his bag previously but not sure if they still are...

Crank
Machete
Roach
Force

Off the top of my head...

Nuke
Zeus
Undertaker
Raptor
Buzz
Malta
Meteor
Zone
Luna
Fierce

He has also had these in his bag previously but not sure if they still are...

Crank
Machete
Roach
Force

I thought he putted roaches? That's what all those dark horse stamped putters were. He had started with Luna's. Switched to roaches for what was probably just a marketing thing....

Did he switch back?

I thought he putted roaches? That's what all those dark horse stamped putters were. He had started with Luna's. Switched to roaches for what was probably just a marketing thing....

Did he switch back?

Not sure. I just mentioned the ones he was talking about in that practice vid. I think he is throwing the Lunas though, not putting them.

It's a hard battle to get to the top when 18-20 year olds are already light years ahead in form and winning or getting regular top finishes. 35 year olds just don't have that same potential. His frisbee experience paid dividends, no doubt, so he's way less of a beginner than people like to think and probably not that far off of where his ceiling is. I do think he can crack top 20s given the huge inconsistency of players around that area and below.

What does that even mean? He finished ahead of where his current rating would indicate... after 8 months of playing. lol

But you are acting like he hasn't thrown frisbees for a living for a very long time. Is a lid different? Yeah but the majority of Am Discgolfers can't event throw one; they are way more touchy. He's got the leg up IMO. Dude makes a ton of money for Discraft but guess what.... He has for Years. If he wasn't a cash cow he wouldn't on anyone's radar.

I know I'm not supposed to say anything but ef it. You are following someone who is being celebrated for finishing 76th That alone should explain why others are like "WTF? Why?" (Rhetorical)

I know I'm not supposed to say anything but ef it. You are following someone who is being celebrated for finishing 76th That alone should explain why others are like "WTF? Why?" (Rhetorical)

100% :wall:

I couldn't care less if he is a cash cow. I don't throw any DC discs except a Wasp and even its 6yrs+ old. I think its interesting watching a guy with his potential learn to play the game in full view of every body. I am also critical of him when he throws bad shots...

Are people following him because of his finishes, or because he markets himself better than the 75 people who beat him?

Latest posts