• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Didn't play very well the last two days. 970+ yesterday and will be pretty much the same today after the rest of the cards are in.

Let's see how he rebounds at Texas States this week.

I don't think it will happen, but it would be pretty funny if he dropped below 1000 for the next ratings update

I don't think it will happen, but it would be pretty funny if he dropped below 1000 for the next ratings update

Since I like numbers, I looked.

Since his rating update, he had a really strong Memorial, played above his rating at Waco, and wasn't THAT far off his rating at Belton. And he drops some lower rounds from last year.

I'd expect to see him pick up a couple of points.

Since his rating update, he had a really strong Memorial, played above his rating at Waco, and wasn't THAT far off his rating at Belton. And he drops some lower rounds from last year.

For the April update
Lose 2020 Waco 976, 979
Gain 2021 Memorial 991, 1032, 1034, 1020
Gain 2021 Waco 1018, 1007, 1012
Gain 2021 Belton 1000, 977, 982
Gain 2021 Tx States ?, ?, ?

Undoubtedly will go up a few points. He has 50 rounds on his rating now, so a handful of good rounds won't move it too much by themselves.

For the April update
Lose 2020 Waco 976, 979
Gain 2021 Memorial 991, 1032, 1034, 1020
Gain 2021 Waco 1018, 1007, 1012
Gain 2021 Belton 1000, 977, 982
Gain 2021 Tx States ?, ?, ?

Undoubtedly will go up a few points. He has 50 rounds on his rating now, so a handful of good rounds won't move it too much by themselves.

this is why I love DGCR, you guys show up with cold hard facts. definitely seems like he will pick up at least a few points

"The most recent 25% (1/4) of rounds will count double once there are at least 8 round ratings."

Could he shoot poorly enough at TX States that it would drop below 1000? not sure if he would need to shoot so low for that to happen that the TX States rounds would not even be included haha

I don't know if AJ Risley still counts as on tour but he is only 987.

Damn, I remember just 3? years or so ago when he was leading a fully stacked field (same you'd see at worlds) at Ledgestone. He couldn't hold the lead against a surging McBeth but he did look like a guy who was young, big and athletic and one of the next 1040 gunners on tour.

I remember he really hurt his throwing wrist? shortly after that and he hasn't been at that level since. I like his humor. Count me in as a fan.

this is why I love DGCR, you guys show up with cold hard facts. definitely seems like he will pick up at least a few points

"The most recent 25% (1/4) of rounds will count double once there are at least 8 round ratings."

Could he shoot poorly enough at TX States that it would drop below 1000? not sure if he would need to shoot so low for that to happen that the TX States rounds would not even be included haha

Hand calculations:
Currently (dropping Waco from last year, adding Memorial/Waco/Belton this year): 1003
3 rounds of 955 would drop him to 999. Possible, but not likely. He hasn't had a round under 960 in his last 43 rounds, and only has 3 rounds under 960 in the last year. 3 rounds of 1030 would increase him to 1005.

Hand calculations:
Currently (dropping Waco from last year, adding Memorial/Waco/Belton this year): 1003
3 rounds of 955 would drop him to 999. Possible, but not likely. He hasn't had a round under 960 in his last 43 rounds, and only has 3 rounds under 960 in the last year. 3 rounds of 1030 would increase him to 1005.

appreciate the quick math Todd. I definitely don't imagine that he will throw one round below 960 let alone all 3, but I was curious and now I know :)

I definitely don't imagine that he will throw one round below 960 let alone all 3, but I was curious and now I know :)

Neither did Will Schusterick or A.J. Risley. An injury or two multiplied by a hard head of not sitting out and it can happen in no time.

Neither did Will Schusterick or A.J. Risley. An injury or two multiplied by a hard head of not sitting out and it can happen in no time.

Since I like numbers....

Looking at Will S's rating detail, he hasn't had 3 straight sub 960 rounds since he was a sub 950 rated player in 2006.

AJ had 3 straight sub 960 rounds last summer, but I think that was after about a year of being injured.

I don't think Brodie's game will degrade due to long term lingering injuries before tomorrow.

Since I like numbers....

Looking at Will S's rating detail, he hasn't had 3 straight sub 960 rounds since he was a sub 950 rated player in 2006.
I remember Michigan local Pat Burke getting Will's autograph after he shot great at BG Ams in Intermediate at age 13 that year... Will said it was the first time he'd ever given signed an autograph for someone.

I agree... but that course did eat his lunch.

and his dinner...

and his breakfast the next morning...

Not today apparently. -5 with only one bogey is pretty darn good. I didn't think his game would hold up to a course like Dogwood.