• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I don't know why some people are so surprised.

Probably because those who followed Brodie due to his trick shot videos witnessed his failure in 2 previous ventures before disc golf. The skill set doesn't surprise me near as much as his (disc golf related) business success does.

He took the exact...same...path with ball golf 2 years ago, but failed to build a sustainable revenue stream. It's all there... the skill growth, the celebs, the club fittings, tournament results critique, getting his girlfriend to play, etc, etc.

btw...this channel looks like he combined it with a much older channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/BrodieSmithGolf/videos

Partnering up with McBeth early on was pure geniu$. Combine that with a substantial amount of luck regarding "right place, right time" and you have the foundation for a possible long term money maker.

Just wanted to clear this up. I was making a lot more money in golf, than disc golf. I switched because I missed throwing the frisbee and competing.

I enjoy watching your journey. While I know there are a lot of naysayers, it's neat to see the results of someone dedicating themselves to the sport. I'll support anyone who loves throwing a disc and shares that passion with others. Keep working hard and good luck.

Just wanted to clear this up. I was making a lot more money in golf, than disc golf. I switched because I missed throwing the frisbee and competing.

Is there some way timg can verify this is Brodie? I really want it to be. It would be super cool to have Brodie a part of these discussions...

And FYI Brodie - feel free to call me a critic. Don't call me a hater. I don't do that. And welcome to DGCR good sir.

Is there some way timg can verify this is Brodie? I really want it to be. It would be super cool to have Brodie a part of these discussions...

And FYI Brodie - feel free to call me a critic. Don't call me a hater. I don't do that.

I reported his post asking them to do just that. I think it'll take a little time.

Odd after all this time he finally decides to post here....if it's him.

"Oh no, D50 is going to have a woody now. :p"

And Cherry would *** all over himself knowing it was really just another alt account of mine, that makes what....3 of mine now Cherry? ;) <3

A lot more money in Golf??? Guessing it's not Brodie, it's common knowledge his golf videos didn't do too well, with only a few having over 300k views over 2 years. If it really is him, congrats on making the right decision and sticking with disc golf. He's obviously brought alot of new players into the sport. :clap:

I'd venture something near two decades of disc sports including working hard enough at it to be one of the best ultimate players in the world is a benefit to the muscle memory...

He also became a near scratch ball golfer at a fairly quick rate, right?

Lol yes!!!

Welcome and please dont feed these ppl. Rise above!

And FYI Brodie - feel free to call me a critic. Don't call me a hater. I don't do that. And welcome to DGCR good sir.

If its him he can read the whole thread and figure who is who lol

I don't know why some people are so surprised.

Andrew Fish still working a day job - 998 end of 1st year, 1016 end of 2nd year.
Bodie Smith full time disc golfer - 999 end of 1st year, ....

Not exactly apples to apples though. Fish was a lot younger and had two healthy knees when he started. Also Fish was a very accomplished Ulti player and athlete so he wasn't just some newb.

I do think both Fish and Bradley Williams are the two best golfers today who have full time day jobs.

If its him he can read the whole thread and figure who is who lol

Not sure what this means. If you are talking about the super fan boys vs those who are not.

I'll make it easy for him about me, I think people who are super fans of ANY individual in ANY sport have mental issues. Get your own life.

I am one who's never said I hate Brodie but has been accused of it multiple times. :popcorn:

I like how folks seem to know celebrities actual revenue without actually talking to said celebrity. Good times

I'm just looking at youtube view counts / socialblade stats, (I work in IT/Media/etc). Most people thought with all the merch / discs, selling out so fast, the Discraft sponsorships (lids and discs) that he was making bank. Turns out the man himself says he made more playing ball golf and gave all that money up to throw frisbees and compete again. Lots of people have questioned his commitment to the sport itself, that should clear that up.