• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

There really isn't.

Overstable discs finish left, neutral discs finish straight, understable discs finish right.
Faster discs skip more, slower discs skip less.

Nice! It definitely sounds like you've got it all figured out.
I'm a little surprised you're not at the Portland Open this weekend. I guess you're just letting someone else win for a change.

Finished -8 for the day 1061... Which would be highest rated round if it holds.

He did it reverse this event. Shot his worst round first and his best round last. That -8 is currently tied for low round of the event but it looks like a couple guys good break it before their done...

Last 5 events averaging a hair better than 20th place. 3 DGPT, 2 Silver Series.

Second half of the season is a gauntlet of trees...

If he can go to Idlewild, Iron Hill, Maple Hill and Smuggs and average top25ish at those places, I'll be very impressed.

Oh, i almost forgot, before he even gets to those, he's still got to go thru the courses that sent him home last year. Seeing how he does at Ledgestone should be a real indicator of how his game has improved/evolved over a year.

There really isn't.

Overstable discs finish left, neutral discs finish straight, understable discs finish right.

You now have more knowledge than Brodie Smith, apparently.

I'm envisioning a Master Blaster from Beyond Thunderdome scenario where you're the midget riding Brodie's shoulders, telling him what discs to throw.

Still must be fun for him to see that he CAN do rounds like that R3. . that 59 IS impressive, same as Eagles best round.

But Eagle only had 2 throws between his best and worst round...Brodie had 10

All that is to be expected IMO. I go back to the practice round he did with McBeth—Waco I think. Paul's coaching him on disc choice and shot selection. Of course learning a course from McBeth is pretty special, but some of it seemed almost basic. Just reiterates how green he is still.

I had sort of assumed that Paul and Brodie, at least partially, did that for the viewers.

I think disc golf is still at the point where most of us that watch practice rounds are watching to hopefully learn something and improve our experience out on course.

I think disc golf is still at the point where most of us that watch practice rounds are watching to hopefully learn something and improve our experience out on course.

I know I do. I've run into McBeth on the course and just watched him the rest of the round to see how he practiced. I picked up a couple of things from him, and this was after 14ish years of playing.

There really isn't.

You now have more knowledge than Brodie Smith, apparently.

Lol.

What kind of grass?
Recently mowed?
How much grass?
Type of soil?
Wind?
Type of plastic?
Landing angle?
Landing topography?
Shade or sun?
Wet or dry grass?
Wet or dry soil?
Roots?
Rocks?

Just a couple more for you to ponder.

Lol.

What kind of grass?
Recently mowed?
How much grass?
Type of soil?
Wind?
Type of plastic?
Landing angle?
Landing topography?
Shade or sun?
Wet or dry grass?
Wet or dry soil?
Roots?
Rocks?

Just a couple more for you to ponder.

Come on ru4por!
"Overstable discs finish left, neutral discs finish straight, understable discs finish right. Faster discs skip more, slower discs skip less."
Nothing else matters! :D

Come on ru4por!
"Overstable discs finish left, neutral discs finish straight, understable discs finish right. Faster discs skip more, slower discs skip less."
Nothing else matters! :D

Oh! My discs must be broken. I seem to be able to throw a pretty decent left skipping flair with one of my most understable discs. Weird. I must disc golf wrong.

So, he had his highest finish in a full tour event t-13th and was 1 shot out of the tie for 10th. Biggest check he's cashed from an event, though that $900 is just a drop in the bucket for his expenses this year. Highest rated round unofficially at 1059, -8 59 which was also tied for the 3rd best round of the weekend after Paul and Calvin shot -9 in the final round.

Not a bad weekend for him... especially after that first round.:gross: