• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Build a Bag Using only One Mold per Manufacturer

I am trying to limit the number of discs I carry and try. Less is better for me and thus my pick for a bag would be a Innova Viking Champion, Discraft Buzzz FLX and a Voodoo SS. I do most of my play with these currently.

One light and one max weight of each.

Putter - Gateway SS Voodoos
Midrange - Discraft Z Buzzzes
Fairway Driver - Innova Champ Leopards
Distance Driver - Latitude 64 GL Halos

I could probably shoot just as good a round with this setup as I would with my current bag.

One thing I love about this thread, is how main steam Lat 64 is becoming. They so deserve it.

The guy at DiscNation told me he finally got an all Lat 64 bag put together for himself. I was truly jealous when I heard that. Swedish plastic is the jam.

Gateway Wizard
Innova Proline Gremlin
Ching Power Legacy
Millenium QJLS
Discraft Flick
Latitude 64 Riot (haven't thrown this but one of the faster more controllable lat's I believe)

Innova - Star SL (Main driver and can be used for turn over if need be)

Millenium - SOLF (Over stable)

Discraft - Buzz (Midrange)

DGA- Titanic (putt and approach)

Latitude 64 - Goldine Halo (Primary Driver)
Discraft - ESP Buzzz (Primary Midrange)
Innova - Champ TeeBird (Control Driver)
DGA - Proline Shockwave (Overstable Mid)
Quest - Raging Inferno (Forehand/Tomahawk)
Gateway - HPP Voodoo (Putter)

One thing I love about this thread, is how main steam Lat 64 is becoming. They so deserve it.

That, and the fact that it's hard to use multiple manufactures unless you've thrown alot. I almost put my kid's Whamo "lid" in, just to boost my number.

But I've enjoyed seeing who uses what (or could use) in each slot. Some stuff I've never heard of.

i agree with toothyfish and why lat64 is so prevenlant. right now the only reason lat64 isnt "mainstream" is availability. not only to local shops/gas stations but also the big online retailers dont ever seem to have alot of inventory of it. i assume like other smaller manufacturers that they just dont produce that much cause they dont have a high demand. which in lies the problem; if their not readily available then theyll never be in demand. think of gateway, only a few years ago gateway was really only known to the dg community. but they pushed hard into the market and really combated innova and discraft. now i see gateway right next to discraft and innova.
basically lat 64 needs to do these things to gain popularity and strength:
1) Produce more plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) really push into the smaller markets and offer local business cheaper rates.
3) not use a distributor in the states. create their own stateside company to handle that. cheap rates for local businesses. i.e. no middleman. how i understand it. right now anyone selling lat64 in the states purchases their discs from one of the three major distributors (DTW, GGGT, and MSD). i may be wrong but im pretty sure im not.
4) put together a team that tours in the USA and make sure they are top-notch (pay lundmark to stay over here and tour). this is why: the overwhelming majority of discers are in the states. this is your key market. i like that their really progressing disc golf in europe and when europe catches up lat64 will own it. but i believe this progress would be accelrated if they had more of a following in the states (higher revenue). so a team that wins at the highest level gains more attention. i gurantee that gateway is gonna see huge sales this year if Nikko continues to kick butt.
5) develop a flight chart for your discs and website!!! this one may sound crazy but think about it for a minute. its important. it lets people know how the manufacture sees their designs and products. for instance: (my preception of manufacturers design focus) gateway: overstable. but looks like in the recent yr they are adding in stable as well. maybe a push to have a more diversified line up. they are also incredibly focused on having the best line-up of putters in the business. if they can continue to diversify their designs team gateway may have to start throwing only gateway. (lets be honest the only reason they can throw whatever is cause gateway doesnt have the discs to fill all the needs).
6) improve the website drastically! their website is out-of-date and provides no real information. in this day and age thats like suicide. they must continually be up dating the site. (i think innova and discraft take a few months off after the USDGC.)

3) not use a distributor in the states. create their own stateside company to handle that. cheap rates for local businesses. i.e. no middleman. how i understand it. right now anyone selling lat64 in the states purchases their discs from one of the three major distributors (DTW, GGGT, and MSD). i may be wrong but im pretty sure im not.

I, for one would really like to see this happen. That's pretty much the only way their gonna get lots of exposure at retail.

I, for one would really like to see this happen. That's pretty much the only way their gonna get lots of exposure at retail.

I spoke with Svante at Latitude 64 when I was thinking about opening a disc store and he said they were planning on opening a distribution center in the US. Didn't get a time line from him though, but it sounded like they are planning on making an American sales push.

Innova- Rhyno
Gateway- Blaze
Discraft- Buzzz
Lat 64- XXX
Discmania- MD1
Millenium- Orion LF
DGA- Shockwave

Gateway-Wizard
Innova-Roc
Discraft-Avenger
Discmania-MD1
DGA-Rogue
Millenium-Polaris LS
Latitude 64-XXX
Discwing-Quarter K II
Ching-Ching Roc

That was some cool stuff about Lat 64...thanks!

LMAO!!! Can you tell I've been taking your advice? My bag, too, except for Voodoos.
If you look at a lot of people's bags at DGR they're all really similar, too. We're all getting our adivce from the same place. You'll basically get this:

Putter - something beaded and/or stable across all speeds
Mid - either one beaded in different stages of wear or one straight and one kind of overstable
Control Driver - something workable and maybe a Teebird
A really overstable, fast driver
A moderately overstable driver
Whatever distance driver they like the best

Anyone who doesn't have that basic setup is probably either new to the site, hasn't tried that setup and is struggling with techniqe or is an advanced am or pro who has a great set of skills.

If you look at a lot of people's bags at DGR they're all really similar, too. We're all getting our adivce from the same place. You'll basically get this:

Mid - either one beaded in different stages of wear or one straight and one kind of overstable

Anyone who doesn't have that basic setup is probably either new to the site, hasn't tried that setup and is struggling with techniqe or is an advanced am or pro who has a great set of skills.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! cough....cough.....sorry couldnt help myself. too funny.

I've been noticing that trend...it's mold reduction, yet still covering the shots. Like you said, using workable, versatile discs in the putter, mid, and fairway catagories, selecting faster drivers that are reliable in distance and control and one mold for the bombs. My Valkyrie may soon give way to a Wraith or Surge, especially after my SOLF beats in a little...

Last edited:

Latest posts