• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

whentherainscome -- I'm not a hornet thrower, so I can't compare there.

Has anyone got info on field test throws of the Buzzz OS back-to-back with a new Hornet? Interested in a direct comparison of these two, especially FH or headwind.

I'm hoping this has a little carry. I'm going to test it thoroughly to see if it beats the Gator out of my bag, but if it's a glideless brick, I may have just wasted 13 bucks :(

So far sounds like a glide-less Hornet

That was my impression when I threw it.

I didn't throw it head to head, and only got a handful of tosses with the Buzzz OS, but it struck me as a Hornet with slightly less glide and a superior feel in the hand.

I was really happy with the Buzzz OS for forehand shots too.

That was my impression when I threw it.

I didn't throw it head to head, and only got a handful of tosses with the Buzzz OS, but it struck me as a Hornet with slightly less glide and a superior feel in the hand.

I was really happy with the Buzzz OS for forehand shots too.

So, strictly speaking distance wise, how did it compare to a regular Buzzz? The thing that's so BA about the Buzzz and Buzzz SS is just how long they are. They both fly well at varying speeds as well. Is the Buzzz OS also decently long for an OS mid, or does it lack the juice because of no glide?

So, strictly speaking distance wise, how did it compare to a regular Buzzz? The thing that's so BA about the Buzzz and Buzzz SS is just how long they are. They both fly well at varying speeds as well. Is the Buzzz OS also decently long for an OS mid, or does it lack the juice because of no glide?

my guess is for the arms that can put the power on the disc it will bomb pretty close to as far just without as much side to side movement and should still have descent fade at the end.
but for us more normal players it will not have the distance potential of its brothers until it beats in.

For the same reason that a FAF Firebird will come up shorter vs a PD, the Buzzz OS will come up shorter than less stable Buzzz molds.

I'm hoping this has a little carry. I'm going to test it thoroughly to see if it beats the Gator out of my bag, but if it's a glideless brick, I may have just wasted 13 bucks :(

Isn't a Gator basically a glideless brick (which is why they are so easy to range correctly)?

Is there a release date or just whenever dealers receive them?

they already be on some shelves. a few of the wisconsin DG stores i have liked on facebook got them over the weekend.

Hoping Infinite gets theirs in and ships soon. Won't be able to use it at my tourney this weekend, but I have a two day tourney the weekend after and I'm already imagining a few holes I could use this on

Absolutely. It is very much a utility disc. Id like an OS mid (more OS than a Roc anyway) that can be used in a more than utility role.

Oh I see what you meant. You meant, if it IS a glideless brick then all it will be able to do is possibly kick the Gator out of the bag, but you'd like it to be more than that. I completely agree with that sentiment. I have a very nice Gator that's not going anywhere. It could kick the Drone out of my bag I suppose, but I was hoping it might be closer to a slightly OS Roc3.

We expect to get our order in at Disc Nation by the 7th. The pre-orders should get shipped back out that day. But that's all dependent on it hitting our dock on the 7th.

Is there a release date or just whenever dealers receive them?

Our club received our order of 50 First Runs this weekend. They are really flat and feel good in the hand for sure. Just wish the stamps were a little more fun than the boring Discraft circle stamp.

I really don't like beaded discs so OS mids are a tough slot for me. Lost my Hyzerbomb mortar on vacation this summer. Hoping the Buzzz OS an easy replacement. If not, keep your eyes peeled for 2 first runs for sale.

Oh I see what you meant. You meant, if it IS a glideless brick then all it will be able to do is possibly kick the Gator out of the bag, but you'd like it to be more than that. I completely agree with that sentiment. I have a very nice Gator that's not going anywhere. It could kick the Drone out of my bag I suppose, but I was hoping it might be closer to a slightly OS Roc3.

Precisely. I have three premium plastic Gators and since it's a rarely used disc for me, I've got enough Gators for the rest of my life. So if the Buzzz OS is Gator like, there would be no reason to keep it. But if it's not a brick, it could get bagged permanently, rather than just for certain courses a la my Gator.

Picked up a couple for local shop....they feel really good in the hand! Feels like a buzzz/verdict. Haven't thrown them yet though.

Latest posts